The apparent STATE of the Windows NT TCP/IP stack

The apparent STATE of the Windows NT TCP/IP stack.

How will Winbabies defend this? How can you even defend a networking stack that's anywhere from 10-30% slower by default without any choice to modify it in the first place?
Configuring your network stack on Linux and BSD can get you anywhere up to a 2x improvement depending on workload.

Just face it, Windows is plain garbage, only good for video games.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 19.36.19-fullpage.png (1899x6463, 1.68M)

I can play CS without lag on 60 tick servers, so I'm doing good

Can someone explain what exactly this all means? Noob here

someone finally gained unauthorized access to the Gibson. consequences will never be the same.

>netperf
>not iperf
trash.

What the fuck openSUSE?

It means your fancy networking hardware like a XXV710 or X540 are worthless on windows.
Heck even a paltry CONNECTX-2 is getting bottlenecked.

>regression in a specific rolling release build

Wow it's fucking nothing.
It's not uncommon for it to top benchmarks one day and shit the bed the next.

Can someone explain what exactly this all means? Noob here

So is there a way i can optimize it without switching to linux

>So is there a way i can optimize it without switching to linux
Ask Microsoft to make a patch for you to improve the performance, at the cost of either security or latency.

kek

Attached: author.png (500x524, 186K)

making fun of how he looks?
he's probably one of the most prolific publishers on benchmarking in linux

The guy has over $300k worth of server hardware from TYAN and Poweredges to HPE shit in his shed, you're only making yourself looking like a tool.

>performance all over the place
Nothing? Really?

doesn't change the fact that his grin gave me a good chuckle.

but so as to not completely derail the conversation, we all knew Debian was the best for servers anyway. Unless you want to use a distro built by Intel, evidently(shudder).

Doesn't seem too bad desu

Clear Linux is made for benchmarking I think, not sure it is suitable for normal use.
Anyway, Debian doesn't have a kernel security module enabled by default which may explain some speed difference.

>we all knew Debian was the best for servers
Lmao, that might have been the case in the SysV era, but now it's all CentOS/RHEL/SLES and Niggerbuntu Server to a lesser degree.

Can't beat the support or stability of RHEL based distros

>at the cost of either security or latency.

Then whats the point?

Should this worry me? I use Debian for everything.

Red Hat (the company) is literally the cancer of Linux

Don't use windows server

>security
Your server is not WAN facing

>latency
your server is more throughput focused, most database and media servers are unless you have a million clients.

There's advantages to everything.
Not that MS would patch you a modified kernel in the first place.

You can cry all you want, but RHEL and its derivatives are used in critical infrastructure around the globe including the US military, Wall Street, ATC, and CERN as minor examples.

Yeah, I'll give you support, but I don't need that (not dick-waving, literally too small to justify cost). But can you explain stability? Debian is the most stable in my experience but I can't say I've had stability issues on RedHat. Have you had issues with Debian?

>see bar graphs in thumbnail
>interested
>open thread
>check image
>it's not video game benchies
This isn't the Sup Forums I one knew

Attached: 1516433329676.jpg (400x400, 27K)

128 tick or bust

>manjaro

Attached: 64 keks avgn.jpg (600x6009, 405K)

I meant support as in OS lifetime, not on site support, but that's nice too if you're a company.
Stability means just what it says, packages are ultra stable and are hardened along with the kernel and have better OOTB support for virtualization.
Also some enterprise software is rpm and RHEL only.

My boy Debian holding it down.

>clear linux
>not gentoo with autistic optimization flags
>mfw i have to use wangblows server and "enjoy" its shitty bugs every day

Attached: 1519131487951.jpg (540x540, 46K)

All they have to do is get rid of that Poettering faggot and unfuck systemd.

kek'd at manjaro

>Manjaro, Suse Tumblewheed, Debian Testing, fucking Fedora on a server.

Yeah these test can go straight in the garbage, They probably misconfigured windows while they were at it.

Read up on SELinux

I'd love to see any kind of production environment deployed on gentoo. you have no fucking clue what you're commenting on you neet, put your programming socks back and get back to fondling your nutsack to anime

Triggered microshill

Attached: 1521076598915.jpg (470x470, 31K)

I think he is just referring to it being source based. You probably don't want to compile things on your production server (and probably why it's not benchmarked here)