Is Navy IT/Air force cyberspace a joke Sup Forums? Are the job prospects good once you're out?

Is Navy IT/Air force cyberspace a joke Sup Forums? Are the job prospects good once you're out?

Attached: USN.png (220x220, 55K)

I was a crypto engineer in the air force, which consisted if Cisco networking + hardware based encryption. Did that for 10 years, got out and did contracting for a while with a ts clearance. Great money, 6 figures as soon as I got out. Work for Mercedes Benz now as a senior network analyst with a side of security analysis. No complaints about any of it. Make sure u get a degree while your enlisted. AF paid for mine.

>air force
more like chair force, amirite?

Attached: 1503702864772.gif (278x340, 82K)

If you go that route it's an option. If you have any motivation there's a lot of opportunities. I did combat comm for a joint task force for 5 years. AF is primarily a logistics function traditionally for the military. If you looking for "action" there are other branches focused on that aspect.

If you want to be on welfare the rest of your life (literally military) and complain about people on civilian welfare, then join the military. Where you get free college education after 36 months, healthcare, food, and room and board.

Does that mean I should just pick any mos/branch that sounds cool to me cause GI Bill? Do I even need to have a computer job in the military? Can I just get a masters degree in computer science after whatever shitty MOS I pick and still expect to find jobs?

I don't want to pick a MOS with a dead-end future.

Well, I dont like to make sweeping judgments on people. However, the public university I went to in the US attracts a lot of previous military for some reason (no idea why).

A lot of them are using whatever free money you get (sorry, I dont know what it is, I dont pay attention) from serving in the military. Most of them are 20 somethings that can barely work a computer. Most of them do not want to put in the effort in any of the technical classes. Most of them have been working on their bachelors for 5-10 years full time... sad... desu

I did overhear them saying they get free money up to masters degree. But, I cant imagine they would ever get that far... Most are lazy and cant operate a computer... Have no idea how to use virtualization....

If I got a masters degree in computer science with no work experience how hard is it to find a job? Or is it easy to find jobs while working towards your bachelors and masters degree at university without any experience?

Pick a career field and chase the future you want for yourself.. If you go hvac you will most likely do ac repair for the rest of your life. It's fine if that's what you want but don't expect more if your not willing to make it happen. Joining the military just expands your opportunites.

You wont get one lol. Most schools you cant graduate without doing an internship anyways. To be honest, you should avoid any school that doesnt have that as a requirement. If you have a tech job while doing a tech degree, then they'll write off the internship class if your job is relevant.

Also, just get FAFSA, its free money. That's what I did; skipped military completely and I'm a poorfag.

I already get FAFSA and I'm just finishing my general education at CC, while milking my FAFSA before I enlist for GI Bill.

Also if I go full retard and pick a job that isn't computer related in the military. What should I do after with the money and GI Bill? Just go to university and do internships?

I think the topic here is how to avoid being a poorfag.. I have my masters and more certs than I can remember. Planing your future around government subsidies is fucking lazy. But hey, world needs Wal-Mart stockers too!

why would you get a non computing related job in military?

Why not get associates at CC, transfer and take advantage of scholarships? Do you think you need GI Bill or something?

To be fair, FAFSA is good for poorfags; they govt has gotten more from giving me $4500 to get associates degree in 1 year alone. Last year I paid $25k in federal taxes.... So they definitely made a good investment...

I don't want to live at my parents house anymore and GTFO of this red neck town ASAP. Also I'm still a full time college and can't even get a job at a fucking fast food place or even retail despite showing up every week and telling the hiring manager I'm still interested in a job. And yea I want GI Bill for university.

They [retail/fast food] wont hire college people. I ran into same issue. They want the dropouts or the dead beats.

Don't mean to emply I look down on it, FA for education is a great thing for the country as a whole. But the system is too easy to abuse and too many people end up taking the easy route and just cycling through the money with no intention of becoming anything.

Apply to a proper restaurants they most likely take you if you aren't autistic.

I'd recommend tailoring a resume for every job you apply for. Strategically don't be over qualified. Leave extended education out if you think it will disqualify from a position, but don't get stuck somewhere and loose site of your goals.

If you don't mind an extra half year to a year of training, and you're an accreddited engineer already, you could try joining as a weapons engineer. You'll literally get poached from the navy before you even get out.

This is fucking bullshit I actually plan on working there longer than most people and much much better. And I guess I'll start applying to real restaurants.

Airforce 3D1X2 reporting, basically the best job in the cyber field period. I work on one of the biggest fucking Cisco infrastructures in the country. Routers, switches, and crypto. Got in the military straight out of highschool and earning experience on a massive network. Didn't pay for shit btw. Training and knowledge was mostly learned on the job. The training they put you through after basic is a good foundation but it didn't make you an expert, the only thing that sucked about it was they made you take Sec+ and they only gave you 2 weeks of class time to study, which kinda sucks when you have no experience.

Anyways I work as an infrastructure tech / network engineer on a pretty big network. The pay out for this job with the experience and the certs is 60k minimum from what I hear.
>feelsgoodman.jpeg

My coworker has spotted me talking about my job before on Sup Forums so if you are out there dad please text me.

Attached: 1510439706954.jpg (1400x890, 431K)

knew an af guy who did his 3 years as an IT guy and was offered multiple six fig positions all over the world as soon as he got out

> cisco infrastructure
you poor thing
> sec+
garbage
> $60k
wow, thats half what I make

If you think $60k is good in IT you're either in the military or an idiot

5 year SysAdmin USAF here. Igot out a little while ago. While in I got my bachelors in cyber sec, CISSP, CEH. Moved to seattle, making 165k now.

I can answer any questions you have but take this advice first: your education benefits are fairly linear, the job experience will vary. You'll need to make the most out of your tuition assistance and cert money while in. Network Network Network, etc. If you join the usaf these are the ONLY two jobs you should go for if you want to get serious.

3D0X2 Cyber Ops (sysadmin), 3D1X2, Cyber transport (netadmin)

That's how they avoid turnover

depends on your clearance level and training/certs you got, as well as your rate

most government and contractors hire veterans first

Lie to them and tell them you are a deadbeat dropout, duh

>165k
>seattle

how are the food stamps?

hahahaha

If you think making the minimum is good you're either in the military or an idiot.

quiet down gramps

Don't join the military, they try to bully you and touch your penis, I am one of the top UFO researchers on several underground youtube websites, I don't use youtube because of the lizard controlled jews.

Anyway, joining the airforce is a good choice if you want to sleep all day like me, because doing work sucks. Fuck that shit, honestly.

Attached: gxtYXu5.png (1024x689, 696K)

usmc 2651 special intelligence systems administrator here