This shitty ass company was allowed to gobble up Time Warner and Charter and be the only internet available

>This shitty ass company was allowed to gobble up Time Warner and Charter and be the only internet available
>All Reddit cares about is net neutrality

Attached: Spectrum-logo.png (757x207, 12K)

>only internet available
Sorry you live in Hickville.
Maybe move out to a proper city?
I've got 5 other ISPs competing in area; as it should be considering where I live.
Everything works fine on my machine

>just move to a different provider!

oh wait

and the home of the brave

Nigga I'm in Huntington Beach, CA. I actually had Verizon DSL as an option at one point, but they got rid of it.

>Commiefornia
Move out to a state with capitalism
Thanks

I'm trying pham, the minimum wage here is so high it keeps me down.

I live 2 miles outside of Boston and I only have one provider, which is Comcast.

>ISPs

Attached: 1514234475503.png (645x614, 83K)

most "other" isps are expensive compared to cable monopolies and DSL is too slow.
only internet available is true for some, but effectively only internet available is true for most

my building has a contract with these cocks for the next 10 years that prevents other isps from coming in.

>All Reddit cares about is net neutrality
Based faggots.

Sorry you live in Hickville.
Maybe move out to a proper city?
I've got 5 other ISPs competing in area; as it should be considering where I live.
Everything works fine on my machine

What exactly is wrong with Spectrum? They sell 100mbit internet for $45 and that 100mbit will soon be 200mbit for many areas.

>actually moving to a city

>#JustBurgerThings
Who cares about your 3rd world country, move to a better place, one without a nu-Berlin wall around it.

>tfw apartment complex with internet included went from 90down to 15 down but we pay more now

Why.
WHY?

They've got good bandwidth, I have 60 down 5 up, but the latency is so bad, i'm two seconds behind players when i'm gaymen, never had latency issues on my Verizon DSL which was 6 down, 768k up.

maybe you're just a huge faggot

Also in Huntington with spectrum (formerly had twc)
Got 100/whatever and it works fucking fine
don't use their shitty equipment maybe?

Only people with 3rd world internet are Yurocucks.

Attached: speed.png (553x2137, 86K)

I don't know how much better I can make it, my Arris gateway is in bridged mode and I'm wired through the router.

Bandwidth is not the issue here.

>that 100mbit will soon be 200mbit for many areas
Source on this?

where do you live?

Attached: Charter1.png (945x466, 544K)

>american education
lmao, look at a map

because that's miles behind fiber which is what you should be getting

>200 down
>only 10 up
LEL, and a couple of years ago i thought my symmetric 100 was considered slow

Neat, too bad i'm not getting an upgrade because I don't have the 300 plan.

I live in a gated community, anons

>living in niggerville
speaking of niggers, obama had millions spent for rural internet and we still have shit

My town is 98% white

Yo same. My building in NYC only has spectrum

I how random the deployment of FiOS is, my grandmother lives around beaners and her suburb as FiOS and she has no use for it.

Rural areas in the US contain 20% of the American population. Are we supposed to shrug and tell em "Idk bruh, move to a proper city." when they ask for proper ISPs? This is not even counting suburban population, you potato.

>I how
I hate how*

Attached: 1513404318498.jpg (640x640, 68K)

Maybe they should pool their money together and get investors to help pay for the infrastructure or get a few companies to move there? Any financial incentive at all.
I mean, there's a reason hardly any are servicing them.
If they truly wanted better service they'd find ways to finance it and make it a reality for their community or saved up enough to move out.
Not like any of them would benefit much though. Rural communities are still p behind the times.

They get gibs funding for the roll out

>Charter internet
>50down/5up

>Centurylink
>5down/1up

>$10 difference

Why are internet providers such assfaggots when providing upload speed?

I'd rather have that centurylink DSL instead of this whack ass Spectrum cable that is laggy as shit and throttles you tube.

I have Spectrum
They never throttle my traffic or anyone in my area.

Same here! Fucking bullshit.

Attached: artworks-000233511386-x6fg3n-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 43K)

Attached: 1306510584810.jpg (756x459, 83K)

Well I get stutters sometime and when I check the stats for nerds, it's barely streaming.

What city?

It's huntington beach, my connection is great for torrenting, it gets the full 60mbps on that p2p so I know it's only on youtube netflix,

Netflix is trash

Yep, it does suck. Luckily the agreement forced them to provide unlimited data for 7 years.

Also by law? you can use your own modem.

Had TWC for years before moving to Google Fiber, was always bretty gud. Moved out of parents house, and I'm stuck with AT&T DSL, 13.5/1Mbps for $57 a FUCKING MONTH. Forced to use their pajeet gateway too, fuckers.

Oh wow
I'm near Louisville

This is a result of using DOCSIS cable modems. They have a limited number of channels available. Each channel can be used for either a transmit or a receive from the modem users point of view. You can prioritize download or upload speeds by assigning more channels to transmit or receive. Historically most users have had more use for downloading than uploading and this really has only changed in the last five to eight years. However many ISPs still use a outdated configuration favoring download speeds because inertia and because many ISPs are also cable companies so they think better upload speeds will lead to piracy.

Attached: wolf_wood_peep_hiding_hunting_predator_53041_1680x1050.jpg (1680x1050, 1.37M)

Used Time Warner for almost 12 years and besides the occasional 1-2 hour outage at 1 AM, almost every problem we've had has been because of the cheapo equipment my dad insists on buying.

tl;dr works on my machine. :^)

Attached: 1517699708558.png (500x500, 22K)

>1-2 hour outage at 1 AM
Woah that happens to me occasionally, don't know what the deal is.

Probably maintenance.

Shelbyville checking in. Everything here sucks but spectrum is not bad desu.

Maybe, when I get my money up and move out of my mom's, I'm gonna see about getting a business class connection wherever I end up, hopefully more reliability and defiantly better support.

Still better then Comcast. Spectrum doesn't care how many terabytes of data I go through a month.

not yet

>Spectrum buys Time Warner Cable.
>They're the only internet provider I can get.
>Can't even use cell because I'm way out in some rural as fuck mountains.
>I'm fucking panicking. I pay $80 for 50mb/s and that's only because I spend a few hours a year arguing with TWC and bluffing I'll cancel.
>Spectrum comes in
>New trucks, new employees
>They actually start tending to the infrastructure, making repairs, replacing shitty equipment
>My bill goes down $15
>My data rate goes up to "100mb/s"
>I put that in quotes because it's never what I actually get, I'm actually pulling 120mb/s.
Based. Fucking. Spectrum.

>implying TWC wasn't already shitty before merging with Charter
>implying TWC wasn't already a monopoly

Don't you have some windows to lick?

>implying i use windows

>Still better then Comcast.
came here to post this

They're actually alright. Had Frontier before and they were fucking awful.

I had 300Mbps for $90 with Time Warner. Spectrum keeps dumping mail in my inbox saying I can upgrade to 100Mbps for only an additional $30 a month - oh and I get a landline phone!
Meanwhile ever since the merger I get about 60Mbps if I'm lucky, 1.5 if I'm not. Fuck Spectrum and their complacent monopolist bullshit.

used to have bright house networks, paid 75 dollars for 50 down 5 up. After Spectrum took over I called in and asked for their new plan now I pay 65 bucks and get 100 down 10 up.