Women can't progra-

women can't progra-

Attached: margaret-hamilton-mit-apollo-code_0.jpg (948x632, 314K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/chrislgarry/Apollo-11
flownet.com/gat/jpl-lisp.html
cbc.ca/news/trending/chinese-tech-companies-hire-office-cheerleaders-to-motivate-programmers-1.3202020
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_differences_in_intelligence#Variability
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/"Women_are_wonderful"_effect#In-group_bias
abc.net.au/news/2017-06-30/bilnd-recruitment-trial-to-improve-gender-equality-failing-study/8664888
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you know what those stacks are? They are excessive output from loop errors. She is standing next to the fuckhuge pile smiling about the fuckup it represents.

It's not a printed record of perfect code, it's fucked output

Ugly women can’t but pretty women can.

>tfw no trad programmer gf

me on the right

kek

i always found it curious that they never stated exactly what she did and why even something like a rocket could take THAT much code

also now that I think about it, why the hell would anyone print code, even as a backup? you'd have to retype everything back into the machine which would take weeks to do. it's also completely useless printed on paper like that

I'll take an ugly programmer over a pretty one any day. Zero distractions, and they get shit done.

Why did they bind it in books then?

that's no lady, that's obviously a guy in drag. Typical /.g/ user.

Harry Potter. The prologue

Attached: 1489962840450.jpg (634x347, 84K)

pics

Attached: 1489962638135.jpg (592x391, 68K)

Attached: file.png (626x417, 352K)

Attached: B9C4399E-504F-44A5-B92A-64B6CE1A77F8.jpg (640x626, 115K)

You might be surprised to learn that back in the day, code WAS paper.

If you're honestly distracted by working with attractive women then seek help or stop being 13.

To document and go through, to debug and fix the loop errors

The final programs running the moon mission did not take up enough lines of code to require a 5 foot stack of printouts, loop errors however can output tons of shit, practically infinite

>why something like a rocket would need THAT much code

Yeah because a rocket just needs a 12 line python script to operate correctly right?

Attached: 1520003173351.gif (200x150, 411K)

the only decent female programmers are ayylmao arr rook the sames and females(males)

Attached: 1520937541048.jpg (850x1200, 162K)

>Yeah because a rocket just needs a 12 line python script to operate correctly right?
You have no idea what the computers did do you?

That’s not code. It was the output of a certain program.

t. Mactoddler that is accustomed to curry code

I bet you think everything in a computer is softcoded.

All me.

No

Attached: Screenshot_20180316-160949.jpg (1440x327, 58K)

My dad actually worked with her and told me a pretty interesting story about her. She was assigned to my dad's team and every guy in the office was pissed, they didn't want to work with a woman (since they are known for being too emotional and logically inferior). So him and the guys came up with a plan to make her quit, they would give her busy work. She didn't want to do it since that's not what she was hired to do but my dad said "well toots, if you don't like it you can just leave". She wanted to prove herself so she took the work and started doing it. A couple of days later she tells my dad that she's finished. My dad couldn't believe it and actually went to check. Lo and behold she did and there were no errors. One of the guys in the office said something like "Nice job honey". Grace said "I'm more than just a pair of gams".
My dad was furious but he couldn't say anything since the work was completed way before schedule. It would have taken two men a month to do that job and it took her only a couple of days. She was then assigned an actual programming task to do alone. A couple of days later great gam gracie (that's what the guys used to call her) came into my dads office and said she finished her assignment. My dad went to check on the work with a couple of other people. Reviewing her code and seeing if there were any flaws. They spent a week in the office without leaving just looking at the code and trying to understand it. He said it was some of the most beautiful code he had ever seen in his life. My dad is a macho man but he said that he cried multiple times reviewing that code, He didn't even bat an eye when his parents passed away (that's just how good the code was).
After the review was finished he went to the office and turned in his badge. Saying that he didn't deserve to be in charge of such a smart and talented woman. The boss agreed and they immediately promoted her. No one could deny her superior skills and looks.

Jesus those are ancient

>It would have taken two men a month to do that job
fuck you you pompus shitlord.
it would have taken men a day. no, a minute.
See how it is, when you talk about a fucking group like that? It would have taken /the average man/ faster than /the average women/. she just happened to be a bit above average.

Your point?

after reading more i realized how obvious this b8 was. ya got me.

The Apollo code is a pretty entertaining read:
github.com/chrislgarry/Apollo-11

Attached: 1518972995752.png (522x593, 327K)

Quality one.

The dependencies for her electron app.

Well yeah

IfNotAtMoon() == true{
goTo{moon)
}

boom i can run nasa

Women cant even fucking cook

>tonight we kode
>cd ..
>cd ..
>cd ..

TOPKEK

your autistic

Women could do anything if not for the system that rewards them for simply being a woman in the technical workplace or STEM acadamia. If a person doesn't have to worry about their job because they're a "diversity" hire, they're performance standards are automatically lower. Just human nature

Attached: 1503208597582.png (680x680, 430K)

Your're*

>repetitive busy work
>programming

When you right your right OP

Bingo.
Human brains are too complex for specific things like "women are bad at programming". There are only super general differences, like women generally have a better connection between hemispheres, and men usually have a more developed area devoted to spacial processing.

More specific behaviors are due to hormones and experiences. When women get a pass for their gender, it's just teaching them that they don't really need to try. If a woman find that she can use her sexuality to get things unfairly, it's going to be a strong temptation.

Once you realize women are just people with different expectations by society, everything is easy to understand.

There's a qt in my year who looks a lot like her. Seems to be quite good at programming too.
Triggers my insecurity because qt's like her, as long as they are decently smart, will more easily land research jobs (since female profs prefer female students and male profs are horny) and go on to top grad schools, while not even pulling the womyn/minority card explicitly.
>tfw wish I was qt3.14 with my brain

I'm saving that

Some can, but not the diversity hire shit you're getting in your company.

>GOTO space

done, retard

just transition already

~2000s
>a handful of female programmers, pretty dedicated and decent workers
2010s
>women agressively and thoughtlessly stuffed into tech industries for the sake of more "diversity". For obvious reasons, female quality of work rapidly declines.
2020s
>liberals near their objectives of OCD-level perfectly balanced assortment of genders and races in tech. Half of tech workers now don't need to worry about their job since their employment is mandatory. Quality of work is reaching a tipping point
2030s
>people are more dependent on technology than ever. people finally get sick of all tech being rapidly declining and overly expensive garbage. blame the women who are half of tech and refuse to do any real work or ever bother to properly learn.
2040s
>forced diversity policies finally lifted in desperation as society's tech crumbles, women now seen as completely unfit for any sort of tech job, banned from the field altogether

Attached: 1502819209471.jpg (1052x611, 211K)

if you can do shit right idc if you're a pandemiagenderflux

from stackoverflow import flying

There. One line.

>ftw LISP in satellites

flownet.com/gat/jpl-lisp.html

How can anyone code in this meme language?

Attached: HOW.png (740x852, 42K)

Jeez, sorry m8. Test deficiency is no fun. Make sure you get your doc to do something about it, you don't deserve to suffer.

Nobody who say "women can't program" are saying that no individual can program.
They are saying that it is a small minority of women who want to and out of those who want to, a few who are good enough to be called exceptional.
So it is twisting a half-truth into a baiting statement in order to get you to react.
Obviously it is like saying women can't cook because all the good chefs are men.

I enjoy the juxtaposition of the shapes of their skulls.

>it is a small minority of women who want to and out of those who want to, a few who are good enough to be called exceptional.
now that's just an astronomical level of stretching

>also now that I think about it, why the hell would anyone print code, even as a backup?
You seriously should look up the history of computers and programming.
I'll give you a hint, why are functions in many languages called 'print' when all it does is send the argument to the output display?

>tfw no 4/10 but smart japanese gf.

Attached: 1520389400132.png (680x708, 387K)

That's the code of conduct

Chinese tech companies reportedly hiring programming cheerleaders.
cbc.ca/news/trending/chinese-tech-companies-hire-office-cheerleaders-to-motivate-programmers-1.3202020

Trust me, it works.

Attached: programming-cheerleaders.jpg (620x349, 90K)

of course women programmed. programming was a clerical job, of course women did it. they basically transposed the programs men wrote onto the medium that the computer could interpret

I think she's rather cute

kek

Where I live, all education is free and you get paid to get an education. Still, only ~5% women sign up for the engineering educations which use programming. Maybe there are more in CS, but it is not a stretch to say few women want to program.
As for how many of those are exceptional at their work, that all depends on your classification of exceptional.
But it is a minority of programmers who are what I consider "good".
There are not a lot of public female programmers and I think it is because no programmer can be good if they consider themselves a female programmer or male programmer instead of just a programmer.

>all education is free
wow must be really high quality education being taught by minimum wage students

>Trust me
I can't see how this would improve anything.
Why waste money on that when you can't afford individual offices?

2070s
> Gender riots, extreme gender tension and unrest. It's called a knock-out game and eventually men are going to get tired of playing it.

kek ))

Attached: leahfreedom0.jpg (290x290, 29K)

>failing to see why
I suppose some might need male cheerleaders.

The salaries are paid for through the state, obviously people pay for that through taxes, so it is only free if you don't make money.
You cannot get a job without proper training, so while there are poor teachers, it is not as dire as you make it out to be.
And while the professors could make more money working in the private sector, some choose to teach instead.
Wages are generally high.

>Human brains are too complex for specific things like "women are bad at programming"
Sure that's a factor.
But so is sex-dysmorphic trait variability, also when it comes to IQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_differences_in_intelligence#Variability
>Some studies have identified the degree of IQ variance as a difference between males and females. Males tend to show greater variability on many traits [...]
>Hedges and Nowell go one step further and demonstrate that, with the exception of performance on tests of reading comprehension, perceptual speed, and associative memory, more males than females were observed among high-scoring individuals.
(and among low-scoring individuals, obviously)
More criminals, more eggheads.
Picrel, but possibly hyperbolic garbage.

Attached: male_female_bell_curve_.png (644x362, 61K)

I wasn't questioning the sex of the cheerleader, I was questioning why you would want a cheerleader at all.
What can a cheerleader possibly do to increase productivity?

her name? Alberta Einstein.

>female profs prefer female students
That's an understatement
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/"Women_are_wonderful"_effect#In-group_bias
> while both women and men have more favorable views of women, women's in-group biases were 4.5 times stronger[5] than those of men and only women (not men) showed cognitive balance among in-group bias, identity, and self-esteem, revealing that men lack a mechanism that bolsters automatic own group preference
Reminds me of that "sexism in hiring" research that showed an actual 2:1 preference for hiring female candidates, when controlling for other variables. 'straya and in the academic field, IIRC.
Boy, was that one a doozy. "Surprisingly" you don't hear about that one in the mainstream channels.
/I put on my robe and pseudoscience hat
Shit makes sense from an evo-psych perspective tho

10/10 patriarchy crumbles

You just forgot the part where your dad committed suicide and she wrote a superior replacement in an afternoon.

From TFA: Programmers are mostly male and terrible at socializing, at least in China. The presence of these girls have greatly improved their job efficiency and motivation.
Outcome = increased productivity.

Perfect proof of the mental clusterfuck usually linked with the MtF lifepath is.

>evo-psych
speaking of pseudo-science...

That is just propaganda OP. Women in general DONT want to program.

If they do and is not a fucking quota hired trying to cash the fact that she has a vagina, if she really wants to program, then you're probably facing a turbo-autism that is going to be much better than you. Not because she is a woman, because she is a fucking extreme outliner.

I studied CS and we were 50/50 men to women. It was great. All the women were excellent programmers. I was obviously great but they were less distracted and more focused on learning than I was. This led them to be overall better programmers.

>That is just propaganda
>ISAIDSO

>China
>workers not treated like cattle
jej
>What can a cheerleader possibly do to increase productivity
It's like you're not human. Aren't you aware of the effect (attractive) females bring to the group dynamics when introduced to an all-male group?
Increases motivation. Usually also increases competitiveness, showoffishness, etc, so these need to be managed.
Probably an overall win on certain metrics, but might involve downsides like more tech debt, bugs, etc coming from the code monkeys switching to a more overconfident mode of operation.

Then everyone stood up, clapped with joy and gave her a 100$% dollar bill.
The name of the woman? Albertine Einstein

Welcome to a variation of assembly.
It's what all the programming languages you know and love are an abstraction of.

don't worry the chinks will take over as the technology and *ahem* research hub of the world before that

and you know there ain't gonna be no diversity over there

Attached: 2.png (1021x403, 47K)

Hence the previous line:
>/I put on my robe and pseudoscience hat
>Shit makes sense from an evo-psych perspective tho

For whatever reason I find the hypothesis compelling, but obviously it's very hard to properly test:
- time: hunter-gatherer period
- tribes A and B: each with 100 males, 100 females
- both experience external pressure (natural disaster/famine/predators/other tribe coming to kill and rape em/time travelling nuclear bomb/ayys/etc)
- tribe A goes all out gender equality, protects both sexes equally. Result: 50f+50m dead
- tribe B goes all patriarchy manpig sexist, protects women much more aggressively. Result: 10f+90m dead

Guess what happens after a few generations
- population levels?
- ability to defend and expand territory?
- long-term survival?

Again: this is obviously not science, but does sound compelling.

Cuntry?
Asking because of the "Gender Equality Paradox": the general observation that the less gender equality a society gets, the more women you seem to get in STEM/etc.

>this is obviously not science, but does sound compelling.
pseudoscience in a nutshell

No I wasn't aware it was a real thing.
I mean, I play 0AD, I knew it is a thing, but I assumed it could only apply if people do the same thing.
Eg, if you are sharing code with a woman you want to impress, I can see why you would be extra careful with what you write, but if it just someone standing in the corner knowing nothing about what you do.
It would be far more distracting than not having a cheerleader.

Everyone knows that in the hypothetical situation more women means more wombs and more babies. You could drop that to 99 men dying and as long as he isn't shooting blanks and all the women are fertile he could impregnate them all (and as long as they're not related there'd probably be enough genetic diversity to not worry about inbreeding effects).

The question is if that preference of protecting women has actually lead to them getting a preference in hiring (particularly with male hirers), in general, not just them wanting to get into their pants.

const

bulb

Attached: w.jpg (1200x1800, 234K)

How can we have these same boring threads every single day?

>them getting a preference in hiring (particularly with male hirers), in general
Let me see if I can jewgle up that straya research. Ah, got it:
abc.net.au/news/2017-06-30/bilnd-recruitment-trial-to-improve-gender-equality-failing-study/8664888
>A measure aimed at boosting female employment in the workforce may actually be making it worse, a major study has found.
>"We anticipated this would have a positive impact on diversity — making it more likely that female candidates and those from ethnic minorities are selected for the shortlist," he said.
>"We found the opposite, that de-identifying candidates reduced the likelihood of women being selected for the shortlist."
>The trial found assigning a male name to a candidate made them 3.2 per cent less likely to get a job interview.
>Adding a woman's name to a CV made the candidate 2.9 per cent more likely to get a foot in the door.

Gotta love this one:
>"We should hit pause and be very cautious about introducing this as a way of improving diversity, as it can have the opposite effect," Professor Hiscox said.
i.e.
>We shouldn't be striving for sex-blind, actual equality. We should use actual, in-the-books sexism to get to equal numbers, despite potential differences in suitability.
Kills a bit of the naive idealist in me every time.

>Society's giving me the shaft. Guess I should just take it and not complain. Gotta man up and all that.

Why man up when you can cuck down?

>man up
>cuck down
Funny how they end up meaning essentially the same thing.

You do realize the "cheerleaders" also provide handjobs right?

>sorry boss, this looks like a trickier one, probably a blowjob-level bug. Schedule that today, or do we leave it for Monday?