Is it true that Alpine Linux is free of GNU? So basically a pure Linux distro is really possible in the end

without-systemd.org
is it true that Alpine Linux is free of GNU? So basically a pure Linux distro is really possible in the end...

Attached: Alpine_Linux.svg.png (375x91, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/sabotage-linux/sabotage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a router distro. Suck a dick.

Yes the main reason it's called GNU/Linux is because of glibc and Alpine Linux uses musl libc instead

what about this github.com/sabotage-linux/sabotage ?

You seem very upset

Alpine is actually one of the best distros for setting up minimalistically easily.
you could easily have a running desktop that weighs less than a gig of storage and less than 200 packages

Attached: 1512751921794.png (273x185, 11K)

Yes. Can you read the website instead do dumb questions?

that's because there's less than 200 packages in their repo

It's by far not the first and it does show the limits of what can be done to an extent.

But it's a nice distro as far as what they did. The package manager and APKBUILD format are nice and works. Obviously they learned from Gentoo and others.

> It's a router distro.
No, its not a router distro.

It's a lightweight distro on musl, the primary user base right now is probably using it for containerized / virtualized software for enterprise use.

Yeah, you have to call it Busybox/Linux instead.

It works as desktop quite good.
I had like 150-170 MB of RAM with XFCE, and had no screen tearing (on other distros I couldn't just confix xorg right).
But yeah, it would be much better to use it in embedded stuff.
And I think it has not enough packages available, but it solvable with tarballs and compiling...

>pure Linux distro
No. Linux is a kernel. Alpine is Busybox+Linux.

How about you shut the fuck up, neckbeard

very rude

Attached: no.jpg (478x480, 25K)

No, it is Alpine BusyLinux

butthurt archbabby detected

last time i used alpine i sorta liked it but i hated how it didn't let me manage my partitions

good alternative for when i can't use openbsd, though.

i'm guessing they're mad because alpine has +10 million cloud instances where arch has none because it's useless

Alpine only has useful packages in its repo.
BusyBox+musl+clang+Linux.

>a pure Linux distro

pure shit distro maybe. enjoy your crappy gnuless system retard.

wrong. musl's resolver is nonfunctional and fails to function in "real" container deployments that use kubes.

retard.

Linux is a router OS anyway.

it's possible that you might be the biggest retard itt.

congrats

No need to be so self-deprecating, Richard.

It's GNU free out of the box.
naturally, you can install coreutils and gcc and the lot if you need 'em, but a standard install doesn't have any GNU-branded software

it's not that bad
but using it as a day-to-day system is retarded with their lame-ass package list and you're gonna end up (trying to) compile everything

Incase you were wondering, yes this is a shill stallman shill gnu shill fsf thread