What a time to be alive, Sup Forums. There's so much good music out there that we can enjoy

What a time to be alive, Sup Forums. There's so much good music out there that we can enjoy.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/lobo_da_g/count-tha-money-dab
youtube.com/watch?v=SM6RLDikH_M&index=8&list=PLd247-xBd5O3TSmnSJ6rjSxdrPXwj8dfx
youtube.com/watch?v=XuxzpH-fmck&index=3&list=PLRPUUEqmciavo3vKLqDoTnlSAjpQw52pa
youtube.com/watch?v=-W0Lcc-SFUs
youtube.com/watch?v=E5ONTXHS2mM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, there's great new music and we have unprecedented access to the old stuff too.

I was talking to my friend and he legitimately said he wish he was born in the 50's, I had never met someone like that irl

And there's a whole lot more you'll never hear. You're very likely to have never listened to the song that speaks to you the most. You'll probably never will.

This
I was born in the right generation

>LOL GUISE U GOT MOOSIC FROM TODAY DAS GOOD LIKE ANCO AND FLEET FOXES AND THE GOOD MUSIC OF THE PAST LOL AM I OPEN MINDED YET

I want r/indieheads to GO.

read a book

50s? so if he's born in 1950, he's 17 in 1967, arguably the best year for music of all time...still not old enough to run away and become a hippie and really live it up...

kid sounds dumb desu

Yeah... But I've explored the genres I'm interested almost to their full extent
and it's increasingly difficult to find interesting stuff anymore.
I've tried branching out but I hate metal and prog rock.
Electronic doesn't do anything for me, same goes for rap or hip hop.
Am I doomed Sup Forums?

classical?

Prog Rock?

and there's even more that we can complain about.

This has been a growing interest for me, but it's so hard to decide where to start.
Especially with a full time job and the length of an orchestra could take me a week just to listen to a couple composers.

what so you'd rather you were born earlier?

i agree user n___n

length of an orchestra?

this is the best part

Almost all forms of culture and entertainment has degraded over the years.

YO EVERYBODY MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT THE BRAND NEW HIT SINGLE "COUNT THE MONEY AND DAB" OFF OF HIS DEBUT ALBUM "ESCOBARS JOURNAL' DROPPING THIS SUMMER

soundcloud.com/lobo_da_g/count-tha-money-dab

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU SUBCRIBE TO HIS YOUTUBE CHANNEL WHICH WILL HAVE VIDEOS COMING SOONol

>Am I doomed Sup Forums?
yes

you don't sound like your taste and knowledge is too refined to find shit you like, you just sound old

You shouldn't be listening to symphonies, the longest classical form (besides opera) first anyway. Listen to some Beethoven sonatas (Waldstein, Pathetique) and see if you like them, listen to Debussy and Ravel to blow your mind in terms of harmony, listen to some Chopin for short sweet stuff. Nobody listens to the entire "discography" of a composer unless they're going to make a big effort at it. I know Beethoven for one takes 12 hours just to get through the sonatas.

I'd recommend Ravel's Daphnis and Chloe if you want something longer to sink your teeth into, though. It's great.

Exactly. Innovation in music atrophied and finally stopped around the late 90s. No new forms of music have emerged since then. Music has become excruciatingly derivative, unoriginal, and repetitive during the last fifteen years. The same can be said for many forms of popular culture after the spread of social media and the internet.

Anyone claiming otherwise is displaying their inexperience and naivety, which coincidentally perfectly describes the teenagers on Sup Forums.

If you reply To any of the quoted posts your mom dies

what is this gesture that people are doing now? Its some Drake thing isnt it.

>some Drake thing
>teenagers on Sup Forums
Poetry. Note that even though Millennials have almost the entirety of human knowledge at their fingertips even the most simple discussions are beyond their ability intellectually.

But to reply: everybody dies, even mothers. The mortality rate is 100% no matter what you do.

Please prove how music has become stale and boring without insulting my "lack of musical knowledge."

Here's a little hint, you can't, because you pulled that essay out of your ass and probably know as much about music as the millennials you put yourself above.

I was kinda kidding about the drake thing but I still assume it was popularized by some hip-hop artist.

as for the rest of your tripe I dont know what the fuck you're on about with me.

Not him, but thanks

>Can you prove how exciting and fresh it is? >Here's a little hint, you can't, because you pulled that out of your ass
Like I said, even the most simple discussion is beyond their ability intellectually. You'd think they'd be embarrassed by this fact, but instead it's celebrated like a virtue.

she'll be fine

You provided no evidence to prove your initial statement. The burden of evidence lies on you.

Why are you people incapable of having a conversation without resorting to insults?

V A P O R W A V E

>In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

Please name a "fresh and exciting" artist that has emerged in the last fifteen years and I'll walk you through how excruciatingly derivative, unoriginal, and repetitive they are.

I actually won't bother though, I have no interest in spoon-feeding you taste, knowledge, or music history. Any artist you post will automatically fall into that description proving my initial statement correct. Be my guest though, we "patricians" love to be entertained by you dilettante "plebeians".
Nice memes, guys. Inspired.

the beatles

Needy

I legitimately feel sorry for people who somehow can't find anything that they enjoy listening to that has come out in the last few years.

>he says as he takes a huge gulp of soured milk in the summer afternoon sun

I don't drink milk.

He's right, that's just true and I can't even see what the hell could this meme mean

Shit bro if time is of the essence go with movie scores. Not the generic stuff that is mostly put out now

There was some really good stuff in Europe during the 60s and 70s. Fusing jazz with classical with rock. I'd love to recommend some stuff if you're interested at all

So you're not going to post any artists then? That's telling, user.

I said FIFTEEN YEARS, can't you read?
Nice meme
Meme

>I can't even see what the hell could this meme mean
No, I'm sure you can't.

Thanks but I don't need any help, user.

So is 15 years a hard cutoff? Was music's stagnation caused by 9/11? If so fuck Muslims.

Music is still fresh in the electronic realm i can confirm

You're replying to someone else, not me. Fuck these garbage boards without IDs, it just contributes to shitty half-assed trolling.
It's not. Please post some "fresh" electronic music though, I need a laugh.

You still said 15 years in your initial post, which would be 2001 if you go back that far. I'm just wondering why you think that cutoff is there.

Whatever anyone posts won't change your mind. There's plenty of electronic music that changed my life (Cosmogramma, Confield, There Is Love In You,SAW II) but you'll either dismiss it as random bleeps or entry level pleb bullshit.

1946 is the GOAT year to be born

You turn 16 just as the Beatles start to get going

You're 20, 21, 22 during the height of psychedelia

No, the actual cutoff would be around the late 90's. Granted electronic music was in it's last stages at that point, but that's when innovation finally completely petered out. You're right, I can't name a specific year though. 97 or 98 at best.

Apparently neither does you shitlord

drinking age used to be 18 if thats the correlation youre making

Holyshit a voice of reason on Sup Forums

this is insane

>does you

I do that because thats plebeian shit

hit me where it hurts, english skills

I know how this goes. I post some recent electronic music i'm in to, and you shit on my musical taste, coming up with flaws in whatever tracks i post; ignoring the fact that enjoyment of music is subjective. But here's a few anyway:
youtube.com/watch?v=SM6RLDikH_M&index=8&list=PLd247-xBd5O3TSmnSJ6rjSxdrPXwj8dfx
youtube.com/watch?v=XuxzpH-fmck&index=3&list=PLRPUUEqmciavo3vKLqDoTnlSAjpQw52pa
youtube.com/watch?v=-W0Lcc-SFUs

EDGy

your dumb just accept that

>Orchestra

It's a symphony. The orchestra performs the symphony.

A bunch of pretentious yet repetitive shit, just like I told it would be

fuck you

There we go

In your opinion

The question remains: What the fuck is this pose about?

thank you

Dubstep was true innovation, even though it was shit

Ah, there it is. Thanks for the hearty chuckle, guys,
Your English need some work, honestly. It was a stab at the fact that you're enjoying it despite the fact that it's way past it's expiration date. Obviously you wouldn't be enjoying it if you knew any better, that or you're just a complete fucking idiot guzzling sour milk. I won't be replying to anymore of your posts, I don't have the patience to deal with a lack of reading comprehension.

And with that I'm out, no need to keep lowest common denominator buzzword company like this. I might reply if someone can post something substantive, but that probably won't happen. Goodnight?

>not understating hipster garbage meme
>lack of reading comprehension
Besides, I'm not the one fishing for attention here, you only have one guy replying to you other than me, your whole point is there is no good music since "97,98 I don't know the cutoff", anyone with a brain can't seriously believe in this

This

Dubstep was a mashup of 2-step garage and dub, not innovative in the least. Also,
>Dubstep /ˈdʌbstɛp/ is a genre of electronic dance music that originated in South London, England. It emerged in the late 1990s
You should've gone to class, Bueller.
>no good music
Ah, now you're trying to misrepresent my argument. Pretty desperate, user.

You posted the milk meme in response to this exact sentence
>I legitimately feel sorry for people who somehow can't find anything that they enjoy listening to that has come out in the last few years.
And from your explanation of said meme this means anyone that does enjoy new music wouldn't be enjoying it if they knew any better, what does that say about their quality them?
And now you say I'm mirespresenting your argument?
What a fucking clown

As far as I know, their are no Dubstep records that were released before 2000 + the late 90s dubstep who was played in clubs you're referring to is still very different to the garbage which earned Skrillex an Emmy (the first artist to win an Emmy award without using a verse - chorus structure in his songs).

>As far as I know
Yes, we've already established this.

joke's on you she's already dead

>this means anyone that does enjoy new music wouldn't be enjoying it if they knew any better, what does that say about their quality them?
>your whole point is there is no good music since "97,98 I don't know the cutoff"
>lack of reading comprehension
You should probably read through my posts because you obviously haven't. You can start here and work your way forward, I'm not going to babysit you.

Haa ha ha .

I love how you children had to run and ask Sup Forums for help when you couldn't think of anything "fresh and exciting" from the last fifteen years yourselves.

I didn't call you "inexperienced and naive" as an insult, I called you that because it's the truth.

youtube.com/watch?v=E5ONTXHS2mM

>Gets BTFO for being a shitlord
>play the "read my post again"

>things that didn't happen
At least you have an active imagination, user.

You could prove me wrong by posting one.

I could, but I won't. Like I said, I have no interest in babysitting or spoon-feeding you. Google is your friend though.

The term dubstep was used for the first time in 2002. Earlier music is therefore referred to as proto-dubstep.

Seems like I'm correct until you prove me wrong.

Sure, whatever you say.

>proto-dubstep
user.. please

>2-step is now proto-dubstep

>but I hate metal and prog rock.
Here's your problem user

The truth is that he came into this thread and learned something because of my posts. And instead of thanking me (you're welcome by the way) he wants to cherry-pick/split hairs like a petulant child.