Kijiji buyer wants a refund?

I sold a 2 year old CPU on Kijiji several weeks ago and now the buyer texted me, asking for a return. Before I posted the ad, I ran Intel's CPU Diagnostic software and it showed the CPU worked fine. I ran a 15 hour long memtest, showing that the PC was stable enough to run the test for so long. As far as I'm aware, these would indicate the CPU is working just fine. I have screenshots of all the test results and I shared them with the buyer. Now 2-3 weeks later, he wants me to buy it back. He says I sold him a bad i5. Apparently it freezes and he tried it in 2 different machines. I want to be the decent person and only make honest deals, but I feel as though I've done my due diligence to ensure I wasn't selling a faulty pc part. I went out of my way to make sure it worked. I feel as though most people wouldn't do that, idk. There's also the question of the buyer screwing something up, ruining the part and wanting to get off scot-free. Why should I buy back an alleged faulty part when to the best of my knowledge, it left my hands functioning properly? I have no certainty of what happened on his end. But I feel as though I'm well within my rights to deny his request. Do you think I'm correct?

Attached: IZx7chUf.jpg (512x512, 18K)

is this like craigslist? Tell him to fuck off.

Do you have proof of those tests you ran?

>I have screenshots of all the test results and I shared them with the buyer

Not saying he is, but there is a delid scam going on where they swap lids and give old CPUs. I say fuck him.

You should absolutely not buy it back

if still profitable exchange it

Why would you but it back if you know it works? There's no reason to

Op, what you should have done was to get a print out of the cpu's id codes that every manufacturer puts into their cpu's it uniquely identifies a single cpu - that way when the cpu the other guy has got is tested it would reveal the id and whether he is tryina fraud you. One other explanation for his behaviour could be that his own chip kept freezing, he buys your chip and that freezes too. He now knows that its a mobo problem. probably the capacitors

IT guy here. You've done all you can. Don't give him the refund.
Tell him to update his BIOS on his mobo. The recent windows fix for those recenttly discovered vulnerabilities has caused some computers at my college to literally freeze up. Fix was to update BIOS and the Intel management engine. This will affect some motherboards out there. Its totally his mobo, not the CPU. Also, hopefully he is not an idiot and is applying thermal paste properly, and hasn't tried to overclock it passed what it can handle.

Sounds like they're trying to scam you

Forgot to add, replacing the CPU also worked, as in the bug from the windows update only affected some CPUs but not others (of the same model), however, the BIOS/ME update fixes the issue for the affected CPUs. So if he says "i swapped the CPU and it worked", that's still not proof its not due to the recent update.

It's craigslist for snow honkeys; also a popular place to find other moose fuckers eh.

what is this weaboo shit?

Fuck no, don't buy it back. Best case scenario is he fucked it by being retarded, worst case scenario is he's a fucking glow-in-the-dark and it's now physically backdoored.

This is why you never sell shit on Kijiji out of your home. Either offer to drop it off or meet at a neutral location. Some people are fucking crazy and will ask for a refund on a half eaten fucking donut if they could.

Also, never disclose your personal email or phone number on Kijiji for the same reason. Only communicate through the message system built into Kijiji.

How much of a bitch do you need to be to even consider this. Don't even respond to the guy just ignore this shit, kijiji fuckers are the worse. You're not a Costco, if he wanted a refund policy he should've bought his shit somewhere else.

The moron probably doesn't know what he's doing, probably thought his "CPU died" when that's the most unfucking likely thing these days, his troubleshooting failed and he's trying to recover it.

I've only ever seen one truly dead CPU in 5 years of doing a full-time 9to5 PC refurbishing/used sales job, and one that had bad cache, over what -

OP listen, tell him to fuck off.

2weeks!!! if je msg'd you 2 days from the sale saying it's bad then a full refund would be in order. 2weeks is basically him fucking the cpu up or he got a bad cpu and want to scam you for it. don't be a faggot OP.

nice blog post

>current Sup Forums state

Khajhiit no like situation

Tell him to fuck off else you'll go where he leave, chop him to pieces, burn down his house, rape his dead body and eat his flesh

>everything is a blog post
>i don't even know what a blog post is
Just stop.