/daily/ - "nearer my thread to thee" edition

>it's an everybody has shit taste episode

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow.

topsters.net/
>resurrected, but working (!)

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Most importantly, bunes!

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~TEthearbiter
youtu.be/cDrIiJdQjFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=viLn0VOIo30
youtube.com/watch?v=RtTs2liTmI0
i.imgur.com/z2R2B8H.jpg
youtu.be/8h2VvMgwIF4
youtu.be/YPCwL__3Lss
youtu.be/JlKInTJKuZM
youtube.com/watch?v=3n3CShvEWWs
youtube.com/watch?v=3lD0u0goJS8
youtu.be/QNQfnns99gE
youtu.be/yPY0IuTiic4
hiphopchessfederation.org/
picturesofthomyorkeslazyeye.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I need two more faces to add to this what do I add.

Boyees

this actually looks amazing

doggy nose obviously

Egor Letov
Dogwander

>its a natkingcole forgot to write a paper so now he has to do it at midnight episode

might as well continue this procrastination with some synopses

The Handsome Family - Through the Trees (1998)
>alt-country

Borders on pastiche at times, honestly, the more gothic, dark elements are so fucking cheesy and corny it hurts. But the more straightforward moments are actually quite nice, mainly the instrumentation. And the album as a whole is very well done, just quite hammy and heavyhanded. I also can't get into the vocals at all, but at least its mostly a somewhat enjoyable listen.

2.0+

Calexico - The Black Light (1998)
>americana, alt-country, roots rock

This is the closest to a 3.5 on this list, but it /just/ misses the mark. It's a very good album though, I love how all of these different styles (spaghetti western, tex-mex, roots rock) get mixed together, and the band mostly pulls it off very well, it's composed wonderfully. My main complaint is that it does get a /bit/ unfocused at points, and it's definitely overlong. And the instrumentals definitely do fare better than the tracks with vocals, even if they're both very good. Overall, a very good record.

3.0+

only 6 left!

I hope you find at least one thing that's memorable.

hello i want to start posting here what should i listen to

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow.
Also, shitpost memes

thank u very much

still holding out hope for my boy hank

listen to the new CSH if you haven't, it's my favorite of his so far. also check out some songs: ohia/magnolia electric co. and elliott smith, seems like they'd both be right up yer alley.

It's a short EP, hope you like it

im actually listening to the new CSH rn and its kinda blowing me away desu. ill listen to songs: ohia and elliott smith tomorrow, ive been meaning to listen to both of them for forever

Check out the top row, at the very least.

i was p blown away by it too. destroyed by hippie powers is incredible. and i'd suggest starting out with magnolia electric co. for songs: ohia and either/or for elliott smith, they're good entry points. hope you like em!

for the boys, etc.

I have one more spot in the album covers tourney pretty sure, unless I forgot someone. Someone rec me a cool album cover and I will rate it without listening to the music.

Nice OP pic

Nice trip, nice taste, if a little Sup Forums basic
>inb4 FISH tells you to listen to 98.12.28

Shinji Sato
Dog nose

thank u :-) ive actually been planning on listening to 98.12.28 for a while now honestly

;)))

do you have that but with readable text

Tim Hecker - Love Streams

gotchu

>/;^)

Sounds like a plan, chief

nat can you change my album

>nat can you change my album
yup, which one and to what?

Oh I was just messing, don't worry about it

frsit of all how /dare/ yo u

How often is this updated? I haven't seen a couple of those people in a while.

i think the last time i updated it was like 2 weeks ago (contrary to what the file name says).

and who haven't you seen? most of these ppl seem pretty active rn.

AnonResident and Mr. Rockadopolis, unless they changed trips or something.

rocky just posts under "Rockadopolis" now, he's still around.

but i haven't seen anonresident around in like a month, so I might take him off. it's a shame, he was cool :'(

With all the CSH hype I'm gonna try some of his stuff. I remember thinking Twin Fantasy was boring a while back, but maybe my opinion will change. Currently listening to Teens of Style and digging it. Probably will check out Teens of Denial next. Anyway...

>Terminus
>Tindersticks - Tindersticks II
This was comfy and some bits gave me spine tingles. The guy’s voice was kinda funny but I got used to it by the end. This will get some relistens.

>JJazz
>Roy Montgomery - And Now The Rain Sounds Like Life Is Falling Down Through It And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out and We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves and We Should Probably Make Shorter Album Titles
Pretty neat. Very shoegazey which I like, but not super memorable. They guy’s vocals aren’t so good but they don’t appear much. Might relisten a bit.

Termy advances

I think he was posting yesterday or something

I think it actually helps that I haven't heard any of these before.

>Six Organs of Admittance - Dark Noontide
Alright, brown and a deep sky blue? Shit-tier color palette. I do like the brooding mysterious atmosphere though.

>Great Lakes - Great Lakes
Cool-ish color palette here. I love how the cartoon fire really sticks out against the black and white skyscrapers, but it really doesn't do much for me as a whole. Interesting concept, though there has to be a better execution or something.

>Bo Hansson - Music Inspired by Lord of the Rings
I'm pretty sure this is some kind of joke because it's pretty shit. Like, why is the drawing so shitty and half backed, and what the hell does any of that have to do with LotR anyway?

>Drop Nineteens - Delaware
Luckily for Mort though, I really don't like the "take a random shitty picture with an old camera" album cover, and this is no exception. It says nothing, conveys next to nothing. It doesn't look aesthetically pleasing, but if it's trying to tell a story or something instead, it's failing there. I don't give two shits and a popsicle who that chick is or what store she's in front of.

>Of Montreal - Paralytic Stalks
I was never much a fan of this album cover. Not sure why. I mean, I guess it sort of creeps me out, but not really.

>some slavs - russian field experiments(?)
Reminds me of the ending to the Seventh Seal, which is one of my favorite shots in any movie ever, so good job. I'm a big fan of this aesthetic.

>Fishmans - ゆらめき in the Air
Love everything about this cover. Great color, abstract but aesthetically pleasing design. Bonus points for the very high quality artwork scanned by the Fish man himself.

>Tim Hecker - Love Streams
I honestly adore this cover until I zoom in and see the awkward poorly-photoshopped skeletons or whatever those are. I think I see what they were going for, but it just comes off as sloppy.

Need recs from GFR, Mort, Letov, and Fish.

And step it up next round, guys. Everything in this thread is better than these recs.

3 wrong choices :/ u scum

M E M E
T H E
P A I N
A W A Y

The Mort/FIW one I'm honestly not sure about, but I'm pretty confident in my picks for the other three match-ups.

>tfw highschool is officially over and I never had a real physical relationship
k i l l m e n o w

funny how
who killed high school?

>funny how
Hm?

nevermind.
what do you think of this cover?

got started with a chart and shit

thoughts on stuff i've listened to so far

>meco - star wars and other galactic funk
pretty pleasant hearing the star wars themes with a disco twist. pretty fun stuff. second half isnt as good though
>kairon; irse! - ujubasajuba
i really like the guitars on this thing, and the vocals mesh well too. pretty odd, as i'm not really into shoegaze. one of the best 3am listening experiences i've had

what should i listen to next, friendos

fuck high school, college is where it is all at

Kind Of Blue

>tfw going to shitty community college
N O W

Okay, I'm going to be doing a song tourney before finishing my actual tourney because I'm a dork.

RULES:

1. Song must be available on Youtube.
2. Song must be below 5 minutes.
3. Song must noy have 1,000,000 or more views on Youtube (because I most likely would've heard it)
4. Song must not be from an album I have rated on my RYM here:
rateyourmusic.com/~TEthearbiter
5. Any kind of song is accepted as long is it follows the rules above.

just as fine. talk to people before class, gain a circle of friends, join them for house parties, have physical intercourse with dudes. Pretty easy.

j/k, but do that.

I prefer it when the colors are a bit more vibrant, and it's overall pretty cool.

Kind of Blue or Tim Buckley

I thought hampus was at uni already

>tfw YT is blocked at work and can't link anything
L M A O

listen to Jonny Greenwood's Watashi Wo Toru Toki Wa Watashi Dake Wo Totte Ne

I also thought Hamp was at uni

I guess this is just a guy using his name?

aw man, one tourney that i actually wanted to participate it

it doesn't appear to be available on Youtube

do you have another rec?

maybe two just in case?

Saw you liked SILY so

The Avalanches - I'm Taken
>youtu.be/cDrIiJdQjFQ

Btw I'd suck dick for a high quality version of this album art

Presumably

okay adding this

and yeah nice artwork

Oh I'm confident you would've won, if that makes you feel any better

youtube.com/watch?v=viLn0VOIo30

youtube.com/watch?v=RtTs2liTmI0

Purcell's Dido's Lament performed by Simone Kermes. I'll try to find it on mobile.

i.imgur.com/z2R2B8H.jpg

youtu.be/8h2VvMgwIF4

good rec

great rec

oh jeez I might lose

youtu.be/YPCwL__3Lss

Found
youtu.be/JlKInTJKuZM

>tfw it's blocked in my country
will use another link though so it's added
oh wow I forgot to rate Cell-Scape

sorry about that

got another rec?
added

oh crap sorry I missed ya Fish

added

Want in

send a song

one spot left

>some slavs

wew lad

Civil Defense - Russian Field Experiments is the translated name, yeah.

Here's my next entry before bed.

youtube.com/watch?v=3n3CShvEWWs

I don't think this is gonna win any awards but you should listen to it anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=3lD0u0goJS8

Trying my luck
Ignore it if it doesn't suit the rules
Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead

youtu.be/QNQfnns99gE

Here ya go

Oh shit I'm dumb, ignore my rec

>tfw you just wish all the music ever made was accessible for free
Music for this feel?

It's full. Sorry, lad. I'll listen to it anyway though.
Added.
Great track though desu.
Added.

[blocked in your country]

The Coup - Steal This Album

Wu-Tang Clan - Once Upon a Time in Shaolin

That one YARR HARR FIDDLE LEE DEE YOU ARE A PIRATE SONG song that people liked to upload under the name of a desirable song back in the day.

>I'll listen to it anyway

youtu.be/yPY0IuTiic4

Wait it's actually not full and I'm stupid. Adding it.

Holy fuck this is a thing
hiphopchessfederation.org/

what happens here exactly

Shitposting.

we share/discuss interesting music, music-related stuff and talk about everything else in between. Also this

>You will never play chess with a culturally diverse group of friends in a lower-middleclass suburban environment while backpack hip-hop plays

Music for this feel?

We meme
We bully Montie
We talk about our days and circlejerk

Sometimes we even listen to music

idk, seeing your critisism of delaware makes me think otherwise. i personally like those kind of covers

Kanye West

Listen to music a lot, posting about music a little, shitpost a fair amount. And any time an user comes in to these threads to ask that very same question, about 20 fucking people respond.

Words fail me

Ever quick on the draw there

I just found out about this, wtf
picturesofthomyorkeslazyeye.bandcamp.com

this is my fetish

someone should make pictures of dogwander's nose stretched into 5 hour albums (get it cause its big)

>20 fucking people respond the same excact thing again and again*

Don't talk about yourself in the first person, Dogman.

Yeah it's probably unfair criticism. Oh well. I'm just going off your history of aesthetically-pleasing album covers in chart threads.

What a beautiful word we live in

I actually appreciate how many ways we manage to say the same thing.

Where do I start?

Do me :^(

I've never won a single tourney so just give my song an 1/5 and move on lmao

With me ofc

*beautiful world
I'm dumb

will do you and Letov first
then you and TrishAh

Daily reminder to @Benji that I did NOT rec the liturgy record