>Ask for help related to phones

Previous

Attached: $.jpg (762x429, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomsguide.com/us/lg-g7-notch-software,news-26778.html
youtube.com/watch?v=u_AwWPUT4-A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tomsguide.com/us/lg-g7-notch-software,news-26778.html

>LG's G7 will ship with a notch at the top of its screen that will house the front-facing camera and earpiece. And by default, it'll show with parts of the screen on either side visible. But a simple software tweak that LG will bundle with the G7 will allow you to remove it, according to a new report from TechRadar.

>LG has bundled a software feature in the G7 that will allow you to turn on a software-based bezel. With the feature, a black strip will extend across the top of the screen and effectively hide the notch. When it's turned on, the screen will look like there's a thick black bezel at the top instead of a thin bezel and notch. The images above, which were also discovered by TechRadar, suggest how it might work.

>LG's decision to bundle a software feature to hide the notch is rather interesting. In one breath, it's saying that it needs to offer a notch as a design feature and in another, the company seems to be acknowledging that people don't like it. And if those people want to turn it off, they can.

That can't be real

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it though. If you don't hate the notch, keep it there and enjoy the extra really minimal screenspace. If you hate the look then "turn the bezel on" and it will look the same as it would have otherwise.

Apple can literally do whatever they want with their phones and Android devices will still be playing catch up even if they had the tech years before.

But multiple phones had notches before the iPhone X did, just no one cared.

exactly. no one gave a shit until apple did it

This. iToddler subhumans will swallow whatever Apple shits into their mouths.

Attached: 1495655482790.png (594x648, 152K)

>fucking normies wryyy

Attached: Garfild.png (180x176, 22K)

Multiple devices had notches, no one cared
Apple gets a notch, other devices have notches, suddenly they are "playing catch up" with apple? Why aren't they playing catch up with the other devices?

do you have some sort of mental disorder?

because now they're implementing the feature that was previously ignored simply because apple did it
they're playing catch-up with apple
are you actually this retarded? do you want me to explain any other elementary-school concepts else to you?

My galaxy s4 keeps wanting to update google play store even thought i am not logged into a google account.
I have.lineageOS with picoG installed

Am i wirus?

Apple was, is, and always will be playing catchup with Android. Deal with iToddler.

Oh you're just being retarded on purpose to shitpost, I see. Carry on my man.

Samsung just sent me a wireless charger for free out of nowhere.

Anyone with an S8+ get one too?

Samsung directly or your carrier?

either you're delusional or you're shitposting
either way this conversation is now pointless
i hope this has been productive for you, retards

Attached: 1521062135748.jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

Holy fuck finally someone does a notch correctly.

Isn't the notch in this case rather pointless? The left and right space will always be taken up by the notification bar, so I guess not hiding the notch would just be if you liked the way it looked it wanted your wallpaper behind the notification bar.

Samsung makes the best Android phones. How can other manufacturers compete.

Attached: 1521053725674.png (1144x900, 1.3M)

>buying anything but motorola in the current year

Reminder that you should all buy a Nokia right now.

But their 2018 phones haven't been released in the US

Then don't buy anything until they do come out in the US

>Reposting from last thread
I want a wireless charging stand for my desk that works with the phone in portrait/landscape and allows access to a back fingerprint reader, what should I get?

Pls respond: - XZ1 Compact or Xiaomi Mi6. Things I care about in order - Camera >>>> battery life >> build quality.

XZ1c maybe has nothing going for it for me except I love the form factor + battery life. Mi 6 has 6gb of ram though and may have a shittier camera but I have no idea.

Huawei P10 is maybe another option.

Samsung. I bought the phone outright and not through a carrier. It didn't have my name on the package but it was to my address.

Kinda weird.

Moto G5S Plus or Moto X4?

is it dumb to buy an essential phone in 2018

Yes

Lgv20
>Shit! Just dropped this fucker and it smashed right on the corner of the screen right onto my fucking dumbell and now only the very top of the screen works.
>Is there a way to get past the lockscreen with my PC and grab my data?

To this user the only way to retrieve data is to buy a micro USB/usb c to USB adapter and attach a mouse

Which year old flagship should I buy used off ebay? I have a g5 now and it's dogshit, but since I'm buying used and not directly supporting the company, I don't mind going with them again if they have a decent phone.

A friend of mine wants a chinkphone for 200€ at max. I have been taking an eye on the Redmi 5 Plus, it's 150€~.
Also, I have a RN3P, and the new RN5P looks like a decent sucessor, so I might get it and gift or sell for cheap the 3 to my friend. When will it be released or be a global version? In kimovil it says india and I don't want too much poo in loo.

you lucky dog you

The price dropped a lot so it's not bad value anymore it just doesn't have 3.5mm or water resistance

I don't HATE the notch but I don't understand it
Whats the point of it?

Camera, proximity sensor, and phone speaker have to go somewhere

Not user, but then move that shit up to the top bezel - the only reason to have a notch with all that shit is if you have massive Axon 7-esque speakers that take up that same space

Buy a Nokia

But user, don't you know about the Google Pixel 2? You get OTA OEM updates instantly and it's only $400!

Attached: 1520814750314.png (676x505, 271K)

>Lgv20
I grabbed a used one recently. Aside from the pixel retention and LG going out of its way to prevent rooting on the OEM OS, it's been really nice so far. User replaceable everything is a nice bonus too.

Pls respond
Might buy tomorrow.

Heres a stupid phone question: I'm connecting my Note 8 to my pc through bluetooth to stream music from phone to pc, but I get no options to stream. It connects ok but music doesn't go to my pc speakers. What is this bullshit?

Reel talk, the xz1c is solid but lacking the full plastic housing feels cheap and while most people will throw a case on it and call it a day it fundamentally feels like a cheap device. Now bullshit aesthetics aside it is a little beast great battery life decent dac snappy preformance it really is a great device on the hardware side. That being said the mi6 is an A E S T H E T I C gawd it also has great specs an awesome metal and glass construction and great ergonomics. It's everything the xz1c is and more. But alas, xiaomi is gay and took away the headphone jack.

A quick summary of that pointless rambling would is as follows.

THINKpad=xz1c (better battery, 1 more very important port and well built design that can take a licking and keep on ticking)

Mi6=Ultrabook (compromise for the sake of aesthetics no headphone jack,more fragile, worse battery life, much much much prettier though.

Either one's fine. You use BT headphones or no?

Nokia 6 owner since July

Bricked itself mid update, I sent it off for repair, the screen cracks while sitting in my hand and then it comes unsealed from the body. Awaiting return

Solid phone honestly, sometimes I outpace it and the camera seems shit but I like it.

Kinda want a new one.

And a question, my Nexus 5 from years back has a smashed screen and a pattern lock, any ways around that? Not rooted. I just want to get the pics and things off and it won't sync with Google photos

does anyone have the image of the official Sup Forums phone where its a literal brick running gentoo and had a million things on it

yes

Does the Nexus not let you set it to use as a media device when plugged in?

No, it doesn't

Thanks for the non response

No problem, just make sure it's not a Chinese model

>Bricked itself mid update
Should have updated it while connected to the power source.

> the screen cracks while sitting in my hand
No it didn't.

> then it comes unsealed from the body
t. I cracked it but i'm too much of a nigger to accept it.

>my Nexus 5 from years back has a smashed screen
let us guess, it broke itself out of nowhere too.

>pattern lock, any ways around that?
give it back jamal

I'm not defending the notch it looks gay as hell which is why I got an s8

I just got the Moto Z2 Force, r8/h8. It seems pretty good so far. The charging port on my G4+ went to shit.

>dlc phone
lmao

I got meself a s9+
The camera is pretty nice

Attached: 20180316_135935.jpg (2216x1678, 2.24M)

nobody cares samsungshill

Are any phones made in the last 3 years not made in China?

I meant Chinese model as in the one made for China.

Your advice is shit. Stop posting

where are you finding pixel 2's for only 400 user?

I use a pmp so the headphone jack isn't that important to me. My top priority is camera, I just don't know if the XZ1c camera is better enough (or better at all) to pass on the Mi6's 6gb ram.

>Camera

Nope I would think about the mi6 can't speak for it but I can tell you that the xz1c's camera is underwhelmy yet servicable

I have an S7 should I get an S9 or S9 plus?
Not that much more than my current plan

2gb of extra memory doesn't mean anything.

Nice meme.

I'm memeing senpai

Is there any non flagship phone, no matter the cost, without a shit camera?

every camera discussion is galaxy, pixel, or iphone.

dumb samsunigger

yeah, they are called cameras.

moto z with projector and speaker motomemes for 250, cop or not?

Why did you even bother making that retarded post?

why do you bother breathing?

keep the s7

what are you gaining other than a meme screen?

You shouldnt need more power unless you are 12 years old playing games.

There are plenty that are fine for most people.

Unless you are an expert photographer or editing them on a 4k screen most mid range cameras should be fine. The only issue is the speed in taking a shot and sometimes slower autofocus. They are usually equivalent to cameras of like 1-2 years ago.

>he doesn't submit to the chink botnet and pays hundreds more for a worse phone
>his phone isn't rated a perfect 10 at not jewing you

Attached: ea49952c4ab2a7840bbbaa25d539b058.png (315x263, 60K)

>Order Mi A1
>An hour later, articles pop up everywhere about how the mi mix 2 is awesomerest

Just my luck.

>being poor
>falling for the chinkmeme
must be fun waiting a month for something to drop at your door uh?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 01.03.12.png (765x421, 471K)

I use e-packet shipping, which means about 1 week to canada

>you will never know the hollowed vibration feel and tone of a ceramic xiaomi phone

it makes a sound like "BLINT"

>canada

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 01.09.40.png (345x376, 192K)

I wanted to believe

Attached: 1439432181627.jpg (235x217, 9K)

I'm on a pixel 2 now, but thinking of buying a Lumia 1520 or 929 and just sideloading Android apps on to it. Nothing yet has ever beaten windows phone build quality imo. Felt like real solid phones, not these shit pieces of glass you have to hide behind a hideous case. Not to mention the windows gui was pretty cool.

Isn't it sort of the opposite? A lot of the variation between better and best phone cameras could probably be fixed in post processing. It's pretty easy to separate the good and bad cameras when you're not doing anything to them and just taking a quick photo for social media or something.

The jump from 4 to 6 gigabyte is barely noticeable unless you're an absolute power user and keep a bazillion apps open at the same time.

I hope the S10 has the notch that the market clearly craves

I bought a oneplus 3T. And its terrible. I have filed a dispute and I'm wondering what phones I can get for the same price?

Haven't used iOS since owning an iphone 4 but thinking about buying a used 6 or 7 just to mess around with. How's modern ios?

I'm using this thread to test out flexy's invisible keyboard feature which works surprisingly better than I thought it would.

So which case should I get for my new S9?
There's like five different cases and they all do different shit that I'm not sure if is good or not.

>I bought a oneplus 3T. And its terrible.
Why? Thinking of getting one, so I'm interested.

>Had OP5 since September
>Had a bunch of people in the past week who have seen this phone back then ask if I got a new phone this week
???

Can't really go wrong with a spigen.

>DID YOU GET THE NEW S9 user YOU ALWAYS GET NEW PHONES!?!

I've finally managed to root my phone after trying for 5 months. But what do I do now? I was going to use Game Guardian, basically Cheat Engine for phones, but it's kind of sketchy. Is it safe?

Aside from that, what should I do with root access?

Spigen are stylish as fuck. Just make sure you don't get go for the overly bulky cases. I've got the galaxy A5 and I bought 3 cases for it (was my first time getting cases and I didn't know what I wanted). One was the official clear silicon case from Samsung. The other 2 were from spigen. An all TPU case and a heavy duty hybrid TPU/plastic case.

The silicon case is pretty shit. It's just the bare minimum protection from scratches to the back of the phone. The TPU case is great. I love it. The heavy armor case is overly bulky and heavy. It's not as good for everyday use as the medium armor case.

To summerise, get an all TPU case, like pic related. It's the perfect middle ground.

Attached: 62469_Spigen_SamGal_A3_2017_LiquidAir_BLK_03[1].jpg (725x371, 47K)

#justandroidthings

youtube.com/watch?v=u_AwWPUT4-A

What a boring device the XZ2 is. Who is the target audience for this?

Anyone have hands on experience with Sailfish OS?
I'm trying to decide between getting an Xperia and flashing Sailfish on it or getting Blackberry Passport and dealing with BB10's aging support.