Is Qualcomm Quickcharge 4.0 going to be in the Galaxy S9? Samsung went full dumbass and locked off Quickcharge 3...

Is Qualcomm Quickcharge 4.0 going to be in the Galaxy S9? Samsung went full dumbass and locked off Quickcharge 3.0 on the Note 8 even though it was perfectly capable of doing it to sell more of their own Samsung fast charge shit.

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (800x600, 124K)

Quick charge is retarded. Enjoy having your sealed battery die in 1 year.

This

Explain

Fast charging is harder on a battery than trickle charging. More electrons in less time makes more heat, causing more wear.
Also some esoteric shit about lithium crystals forming and shit.
Unless you need juice -now-, it's better to trickle charge

It will still come with it the question is what version.

Why should I give a shit I'll just buy a new one stay mad fag

Attached: 1520893215491.gif (338x239, 2M)

Wow I had no idea. So I should just charge my phone without quick charge, and that would make my battery last longer. That's good to know, thanks user.

Isn't QC 4.0 basically USB-PD with some extra qualcomm management features? The S8 and onward support usb-pd at up to 15W so I don't really see how "true" QC 4.0 would make that much of a difference

Just get a new battery loooool 4HEad

Someone really needs to do a real empirical test on this. There's a shitton of FUD on the internet regarding the effects of QC on battery longevity but I haven't found anyone who's actually done a well-controlled test over hundreds of charge cycles.
Personally I don't think it affects battery health in a meaningful way over the normal lifespan of a phone (2-4 years) given how robust the heat management on phone batteries is and how that ties into quickcharging. If you're really worried the best option would probably be to charge your phone at night with a wireless charging pad since those charge at significantly lower wattages

forsenCD T R A N S P A R E N T forsenCD

This looks straight out of 2005, it looks so shit

Attached: Capture.jpg (109x105, 9K)

Most electric car home chargers let you program when you plan to drive the car again, or set a schedule of "be done charging by 9am M-F, 12pm on weekends" so they can charge at the lowest rate possible to reduce wear.
They also do some neat shit like actually only let you go use the range between 5-95%, since depleting the batteries all the way to 0 or charging them to 100% also puts substantially more wear on them.
They're babied and last a decade, while smartphones and laptops abuse the fuck out of their batteries and last a few years.

stupid fucking mistakes man

This is retarded. Your battery experiences more extreme heat from CPU being on load than its does from charging. It's perfectly fine, the difference is a margin. Besides Samsung has a 20% provision to make sure the battery lasts longer than other brands

How is that esoteric?

Also it doesn't cause batteries to wear out faster. Phone makers compensate for this stuff.

Yeah. Form and function is about compromise. Sadly Samsung always makes the worse decision.

It's not retarded though, small bursts of more heat will do less damage to the battery than medium heat sustained over a longer period.

can you even open these up and remain ipmeme proof?

Better than looking like fucking Quasimodo.

Attached: iphone-x-design-back-angles.jpg (1600x1200, 617K)

Android user but I love the way this looks.

>this is why cases are a think
>you cannot set down your phone cause they made the thin meme, but a protruding camera.

Don't have that problem with well designed phones.

Attached: galaxy-s8-black-1.jpg (1600x1200, 170K)

Fast charging makes batteries heat up more, thus reducing their lifespan even more.
Fast charging should be avoided until phones with replaceable batteries come back, or phones with better cooling systems become the norm.

>smudge camera cause finger print is right next to the camera and is off center

>hold phone normally
>just slide index finger to the side until it hits the sensor

I never EVER hit the camera instead.

Attached: download.jpg (208x242, 4K)

It's not as if it's hard to move your finger to hit it, but it's definitely less natural. Everyone else, including Samsung with the GS9, put it in the middle for a reason.

We really need to invent a new batter. I find it odd how with all the technological advances we have made and lithium-ion is the best battery we have. What a fucking joke.

Attached: 1521206105074.jpg (1044x1109, 141K)

It's esoteric because all sorts of factors effect how lithium crystals grow.
Also
>phone makers compensate for this stuff
Lol, no.
They want you to enjoy your ultra-fast charging and extra-long battery life, then feel the need to replace your phone again next year when the battery doesn't hold a charge worth a damn anymore.

>he doesn't use the GOAT quick charge LG V20 with removable battery

Attached: 1514110195868.png (665x628, 329K)