I just got a record player for my birthday...

I just got a record player for my birthday, any recommendations or websites where I can buy vinyl for a reasonable price?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/1c9qsv/why_does_rvinyl_have_such_a_problem_with_crosley/
amazon.com/gp/product/B002GYTPB8/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B002GYTPB8&link_code=as3&tag=musehelix-20&linkId=CQZGVD2HDDGDVZM4
fatbeats.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if that's your picture return that player immediately and buy a new one, it'll destroy your records

and if this is bait fuck off

how will it destroy my records, and what player do you recommend I buy?

>any recommendations
1. Kill yourself and die
2. Repeat step 1

why :(

why is everyone on Sup Forums so cynical and mean?

>Buying vinyls
>2016

Get with the times, all the cool kids are into 8 tracks nowadays.

it's not bait wtf

It's real folks

What do we do

>vinyls

just look it up man, i dont even own vinyl and i know that this shit will fuck up your records, its famous for it

i know that player is shit, i have for a while but why exactly is it so shit? (not op)

Vinyls is the correct pronunciation to use.

Listen OP, I know it's going to be a flood of
>leddit xDDD
but please read this: reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/1c9qsv/why_does_rvinyl_have_such_a_problem_with_crosley/
this goes for you too

well any sort of constructive feedback would be nice

why is everyone in Sup Forums so cynical and mean?*
Because disillusioned white males have a tendency to act that way online.

thanks

>reverse image search comes up dry

>this isn't bait

good god

Bruh you should really see if you can get yourself another player. Crosley's are known to fuck up your vinyls due to some heavy needle or some shit. Most of the people on here make memes about it so I think you're new here.

i am, I just wanna know if there are any other budget turntables that aren't as bad as crosley

Just use discogs to buy your records if you don't have any local record shops.

Also throw away the Crosley and buy an Audio Technica or U-Turn Orbit instead. I'm serious

Hello friend! You seemed to have bought into the Urban Outfitters suitcase turntable meme, but hope's not lost! You can still buy a decent tt and amp to play those records, you just need literally hundreds of dollars up front and tons of disposable income to build a reasonable collection. Good luck!

Look for lower end Audio-Technicas. They aren't great, but at the very least they won't literally destroy your records like Crosleys do. Make sure you have a new cartridge and needle.

Look around online and do some research before making your decision. If you live in a town with a knowledgeable pro-audio or vintage audio salesperson it wouldn't hurt to talk to them, either.

This will also require the purchase of a preamp and speakers if you don't have them already.

Good luck :-D

The thumbnail reminded me of a ps2 slim.

this isn't bait tho

Thank you. I didn't know my record player was such garbage

>preamp
Most audio-technicas have built-in preamps, and apparently it's not worth bypassing it because the sound still goes through the preamp chip

I want to physically hurt you.

if you don't want to get laughed at, wait until you have your own place, buy a 200-300$ turntable, 500-1200 amp and 500-1000 speaker. Until then, don't fall for the urban outfitter meme

thats really expensive, is it really that bad to use a cheaper 100 - 200 setup?

records are honestly bullshit

the literal only good thing is the tactile-ness feeling nice, and having big album art/booklets

price is shit, equipment is a pain, storing is a pain, finding records is a pain, mailing records is a pain, taking them in and out of the sleeve is a pain, getting up every 20 minutes to switch sides is a pain, getting into an artist only to find they don't have any vinyl albums is annoying

yes, you won't find a decent amp turntable and speaker setup for less than 1000$

it almost sounds like it's a hobby or something

so i just wasted money?

Audio-technica's lp60 is probably the cheapest you can go without it being complete ass. It's not a good turntable, but it's definitely a step up. It has a built in preamp, so you just need a receiver and some headphones or speakers.

Audio-technica lp60 ($99)
Sherwood RX4508 200W ($130)
AKG K 240 headphones ($55)

That's not true. If you're willing to get headphones instead of speakers you can get a low-end beginner setup for like $300-$400

so if I want to just use headphones, I would only need the audio-technica lp60?

With decent headphones still 600-700

Buy an LP 60 if you want cheap but okay, although I highly suggest the LP 120 as a good entry level turn table with a counter weight (which will reduce wear on the record grooves due to the weight change)

You need the receiver. lp60 has a built in preamp so you don't need that, but the receiver is necessary.

so it's essentially over 200$ for the setup and no speaker.. but i can use headphones

You can honestly get some basic M-Audio speakers through Amazon or barely used ones on eBay for an affordable price. They sounded good when I had them, and I'd definitely suggest them to someone like you who is starting and wants to get into the record world affordably at first.

You can probably find a cheaper receiver on ebay or something. And make sure you get headphones with a 1/4 jack

>tfw I think my mom bought me a record player but I think it's the kind which destroys records
It's not a Crosley, but the models look similar. I want to save up and by another one for myself but I don't want to hurt my mom's feelings

please disregard the first "I think", no memes I am mentally retarded

this is my situation apparently. i guess ill return the crosley and figure out what to do next

Hey Sup Forums, is this a good turntable? It's a "Audio-Technica AT-LP60-USB Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable (USB & Analog)"
amazon.com/gp/product/B002GYTPB8/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B002GYTPB8&link_code=as3&tag=musehelix-20&linkId=CQZGVD2HDDGDVZM4
Also, what is the difference between a turntable and a record player?

A record player is another name for a turntable

I think I'll have to do the same here. The only problem is, I have no idea how to return items like this. I believe my mom bought it through Amazon, and I'm not sure if it's past the return-by date, if there even is one

you could try to sell it on craigslist

If you can't return your crosley, just keep it and save up for to get the lp120. It's gonna wear your records out with its heavy tracking, but it gets the job done at least.

how does that prove it's real

Poor kid shared his birthday gift with us and got his hopes crushed.

This was a very sad beginning to my day, Sup Forums where birthdays are crushed.

But dont worry, if you look online it will be possible to find ok stetups for about $ 200-300. Just look for complete setups. Until then you can easily use your crosley, the thing about them dstroying recordsfirst time you play a vinyl on them , is just a meme, but then again, don't do 150 spins on it with the sam record.
And good records stores. Well there is fatbeats.com/
Eaby amazon and what not. Don't never order from the US unless i buy straight from the label.

Have a nice day.

happy birthday user

thanks friendly anons

Just don't play those records too many times on that contraption. Maybe give it one or two spins per LP, so your mom doesn't think you hate her.

Happy birthday, user...

discogs
buy direct from artist whenever possible though. music doesn't spring out of nowhere.

Happy birthday, OP.

You'r welcome, i maily collect the records. hardware are not my strong side, but it's getting better, currently running with a used system worth about $200, and plays better or as good as some of my friends who brought new systems for $ 500-1000.
Do you know about Discogs?

Start by throwing out that shit table now.

what's Discogs?

no, what's discogs?

Tracking force or some shit, he's right read the wiki on r/vinyl

I have this. It works great, no issues

Jesus christ, what an uppity pack of embittered virgin pricks. I cant imagine what happened in your pathetic lives to make you this cold and bitter, but it's not a good look.

OP return that thing and get a record player that doesn't hang the record off the side, and enjoy your records

don't take it personally op. Sup Forums just loves trying to scare off newfags and you made it pretty obvious that you're new

There's no counter weight. it will push into the grooves of your vinyls and damage them.

You should lurk some vinyl threads OP, you smell like newfag from a mile away.

There isn't really such a thing as a good budget turntable unless you buy second hand.

Sup Forums will shit on me, but honestly r/vinyl is an actually decent place for thhis kind of discussion. They have good stickies and are actually very insightful and stern with help. They will be just as critical as moo though so don't be a retard.

A website that catalogues a massive amount of releases and also provides a marketplace to buy them.

Give this man a fucking cigar

I bought this one for 25 usd and repaired for 50, is it good?

you dont buy vinyls nigger, you buy records

Wait the AT-LP120 wears out records? How?

He was talking about the Crosley.

Oh good, I've been saving up for one for the longest time, I already got a receiver and speakers. Didn't want think I was getting a bad turntable.

rip op