Yasss queen slay

yasss queen slay

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_of_Eden
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Someone give me a reason to not kill myself.

>Rolling Stone

they're both pretty bad desu

also
>rolling stone

blackstar got a 4. op is a liar!!!!

Why doesn't anyone ever start WE WUZ combos when Beyonce gets called a queen?

rolling stone has always had bad opinions

It's for the Blackstar single.

Literally every music publication has given Lemonade a ridiculously high rating just because Beyonce all of the sudden represents strong, independent black women. Even fucking Tiny Mix Tapes gave it a 5/5.

>all of the sudden
It's what she's always represented, it's just she's politicized herself hugely recently, cashing in on #blacklivesmatter and feminism bandwagoning

>rolling fucking stone

Album?

what album is this? In color?

She fucking lightened her skin and was (and still is) a puppet for white men and Jay-Z. I never heard her associated with feminism once before this fucking shit started.

I've lost what little faith I have had in the Rolling Stone

Ys

They also said that WYWH was the worst album of 1975

How do music publications not see that she's literally cashing in on the social justice movement?

Because they're cashing in on it too.

>yasss queen slay
It triggers me when people say this

But RS actually gave Blackstar a 4/5

I wonder if any Beyonce fans are smart enough to see how much of a corporate whore she is.

It's two different reviewers you stupid ass dumbasses.

I hate her so much..

of course not

disgusting

rolling stone's ys review from 2006
>ep

No one is a fan of Beyonce. The people who listen to her just like whatever's on the radio.

>ITT: Times when pitchfork was right

implying that Bowie is not just as artificial and manufactured as Beyoncé
> David Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art. All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena (just like Coca Cola and Barbie before them); however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own. With Bowie the science of marketing becomes art; art and marketing become one. There were intellectuals who had proclaimed this theory in rebellious terms. Bowie was, in many ways, the heir, no matter how perverted, of Andy Warhol's pop art and of the underground culture of the 1960s. He adopted some of the most blaspheme issues and turned them upside down to make them precisely what they had been designed to fight: a commodity.

if david bowie is better than beyonce, then why is he dead?

Real nigger questions: Can someone tell me from a logical point of view, besides catchy pop music, what is it about HER that makes her so appealing? She's kind of pretty sure, but what else has she got goign for her?

I'm not a Newsom fan but this is so fucking pleb

>that make Bjork sound like Kelly Clarkson
This makes no sense though. Joanna Newsom isn't Bjork? Bjork is a better singer than Kelly Clarkson? Is this an insult to Bjork basically? Am I retarded? Not even a Bjork fan.

Marketing
Name recognition

They're saying that Newsom is so 'bad', makes Bjork (a 'bad, quirky' singer) sound as good as Kelly Clarkson (a 'good' singer in their books).

As a fan of both Bjork and Newsom, this is actually pretty upsetting. Top tier trolling right here

Kanye has marketing and name recognition and is a successful black male yet most people hate him more than Hitler. The comments I see on the web and the comments people make about him in real life are disgusting. People will quite literally believe anything the media tells them. And the more you shove it down their throats, the harder it is to change their mind.
>inb4 I'm exaggerating
It amazes me how much effort some people can put into hating someone who has no effect on their life and doesn't even know they exist.

>the last U2 album

>Kelly Clarkson
>Good
I mean, she's not terrible, but she's just an average pop singer. Why do people read Rolling Stone again?

did they seriously complain about the length of the songs

even better

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_of_Eden

"In the 1992 Rolling Stone Album Guide, J.D. Considine rated the album 1 star out of 5: "Instead of getting better or worse, this band simply grew more pretentious with each passing year. . . . by Spirit of Eden, Mark Hollis's Pete Townshend-on-Dramamine vocals have been pushed aside by the band's pointless noodling.""

They are writing by diferent persons, dumb bowie fag

The percentage of the worlds population that is Montie would go up.

Good to see they didnt fall for the Bowie AND Newsom meme.

oh jesus fuck

How can you make a statement if you contribute little to said statement?

>different reviewers have different opinions

>Rolling Stone would call a symphony an EP

kek

I'm disappointed that this whole thread isn't just people saying

>rolling stone

That's the only appropriate response

You have a very big penis

there's actually a lot of good writers at rolling stone but holy shit david fricke is absolute fucking rockist trash. he's the old hag who gave that john fogerty album a perfect score.

also rob sheffield's first book is great and yall would have a great cry over it

He knew that death is where it's at

They're not commenting on whether Newsom's, Bjork's or Clarkson's singing is good or bad, the review just says Newsom is so quirky and unconventional in her singing style that she makes Bjork seem much more conventional than she actually is.

>2/5
>stunning

the absurdity of it

its fake you dumb niggers

The album is pretty good tho t~b~h

You probably aren't around many black women then

If you die then i won't have anyone to agree with me when i complain about stuff. You're like an endangered species, i need to hit you with a tranquilizer and force you to breed with something.

>It's another Joanna episode

this comment made my day

Because it's a travesty not a joke

pouring as much if not more time and resources than into marketing as is put toward the product itself, the same way shit like candy crush becomes popular
the maintainence of the perfect strong rich black woman "we made it" image
she had a launchpad of popularity from being in a chart topping girl band and was pushed as the breakaway talent, à la justin timberlake, pharell williams etc
and a discography of almost satirically on the nose sentiments about female empowerment that make people fell great, are designed as being quotable and all fall in-line with her image
all these sentiments are completely innocuos but performed and packaged withing a wrapping of bravado and slight edginess that makes them seem important
there's a lot of effort put into things like dance routines and shared/ social shit for fans to latch onto
jay-z
she's appealing because people making a lot of money out of her make sure nobody is allowed to forgot how appealing she is

I have seen a great number of poorly Photoshopped images in my time as a photographer and I can tell by the pixels that it is a fake.