Is this true

Is this true

Yup

yeah except 3,000 chords is an exaggeration

>the more chords the better

Chords? Can't even meme right, using riffs would carry much more weight

well thirds and fifths are the only thing that sounds good which is three chords right therer which I think would sound better than whatever the hell chords the jazzman is inventing

100% yes.

I've seen this exact thread before. Including me pointing that out.

Yeah, but the thing is I love 3 chord punk and would rather slam my dick in a door than listen to jazz

Call me a pleb i guess

more like AZZman amirite

In the context of the comparison of rock and jazz it most definitely is

ha pleb

At least you're honest.

what can I say, it's one of the genres I have all the respect in the world for, but cannot enjoy at all.

Ithought the age requirement for posting was still 18 right?

That rule only exists to ban people stupid enough to mention their age on the internet.

Well, 3000 chords is an exageration but yeah, it's quite right
Doesn’t mean the music's better though

>opinions
>better
>objectivity

Oh, I get it. You bought into the "taste" meme. Kill yourself.

I'm a guitarist and my favorite genres are punk (especially post-hardcore) and jazz (mainly post-bop type stuff), but desu I don't like jazz guitar at all. The way guitar tends to be used in jazz is weak, masturbatory, and unaffecting. It lacks power and fails to carry anything. I feel like the way guitars are used in punk-related rock genres has more in common with how trumpets are used in jazz than they do with jazz guitars.

>thirds and fifths
>three chords
thirds and fifths are intervals which are used to build chords, u fool.

you dont know shit about music sonny. Keep your mouth shut until you do, might help you look like less of a fool.

punk probably the most retarded use of guitar in any genre. I can understand why you think jazz guitar is weak, mastubatory and unnaffecting, its becuase you haven't listened to much jazz at all, and dont really know a thing about guitars beyond power chords and distortion.

it's annoying

I can tell you're some butthurt jazz guitarist or prog fan. There are a lot of amazing guitarists in punk, from Tom Verlaine (Television) to Dr. Know (Bad Brains) to Robert Quine (Richard Hell & The Voidoids), and there are a number of musically pretty remarkable punk bands like NoMeansNo, Bad Brains, Television, Fugazi, Slint, Sonic Youth, and Envy. Sorry I'm not pretentious enough for you, faggot. kys

pleb

>t. 16 year old

>Rocker
>3 chords
only the shit ones.

t. 24 year old who can't act his apparent age

>kys
>t.
>niggerspeak
Where did it all go so wrong.

>the complexity = quality meme

I thought we moved past this. Obv. it's not only about the chord structure. Context, pacing, production and instrumentation can add alot to a simple song.

That's fair. There are tons of punk releases i'd put over my favorite jazz releases.

>stupid enough to mention their age on the internet.
>muh internet
are you retarded?

the premise of that is true but it completely ignores the fact that rock and jazz are completely different genres and as such have different standards.

>yeah, i love punk. great music. very influential. some of the best albums of all time are punk
>jazz is stupid doe

this is how string monkeys actually think

Go back to the reddit you casual

but user dont jazz use strings as well???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

no its stupid meme made by jazz people who feel underappreciated. truth is amount of notes does not make a good song otherwise you´d all be listening to classic music instead of Drake / Miley

yes op in fact in jazz exams they test you on all 3000 chords if you don't know any you are kicked out and forced to play gnr songs for 5 hours straight