How will they be regarded in 50 years?

How will they be regarded in 50 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EF_xdvn52As?t=1m27s
antiquiet.com/music/2012/06/flashback-thom-yorke-explains-street-spirit-breaks-our-hearts/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they won't

They will be forgotten short term
Then 50 years later they will be rediscovered and their generic blandness will be so unusual and influential in a post ironic post human era that every band will seek to copy their sound. Foo fighters original pressings will be worth hundreds of dollars so you should invest now and give to your children

as dead. Ed will outlive them all because he's the only non-pretentious guy from that band

disregarded

like it or not this is wrong.

why do they look like swans

None of them come across as particularly pretentious, although thom does have his moments (ex. that street spirit rant).

As Dadrock

>being this much of a contrarian.

I just don't like Radiohead.

You disliking radiohead has absolutely nothing to do with how they're regarded in the future.

Of course it has as I'm the voice of the future.

Lol sorry guise I thought it was the foo fighters radiohead is so unique and amazing I luv tht song fake plastic trees that they did with Coldplay

(you)

what was the street spirit rant?

Regarded as a footnote in the history of the one true band of our age..

...MUSE! drone prophecies, dubstep rock pioneers, harbingers of random glowing shit attached to guitars

youtu.be/EF_xdvn52As?t=1m27s

WUBWUBWUB

As Heros

>harbingers of random glowing shit attached to guitars
wew

>Today
14 year olds everywhere will get their first guitars and learn the opening chords to Creep.

>Later
14 year olds everywhere will get their first synths and learn the opening chords to Everything in its Right Place.

>"'Street Spirit' is our purest song, but I didn't write it. It wrote itself. We were just its messengers. It's biological catylysts. [...] It's why we play it towards the end of our sets. It drains me, and it shakes me, and hurts like hell everytime I play it, looking out at thousands of people cheering and smiling, oblivious to the tragedy of it's meaning, like when you're going to have your dog put down and it's wagging it's tail on the way there. That's what they all look like, and it breaks my heart."

I guess it's not a rant as such, but he does kinda come across as a condescending, pretentious twat, implying that his fans can't possibly grasp the true meaning behind the song or whatever.

Link to where he says this? I can't seem to find it

There's a few articles like this one (antiquiet.com/music/2012/06/flashback-thom-yorke-explains-street-spirit-breaks-our-hearts/) when you google it but I'm actually kinda doubtful as to whether it's legit because there's no original source anywhere. It's still something I could imagine a much younger thom rambling on about though.