Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QrV61ATP3Ec
youtube.com/watch?v=y1_EUje1Rvg&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=y00E5THj-ss
youtube.com/watch?v=LDetcRKTCOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-9LZVcy8_FA
youtube.com/watch?v=OGDkg3QiJmk
youtube.com/watch?v=CSJXle3LP_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=xwWw9g0EgHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

g-guys?

Friendly reminder: the kiddies who post in /gg/ threads have nearly ***zero*** experience concerning guitar. Playing, repair, new player recommendations, etc. The average age in these threads is around early 20s: green as shit grass.

If you have an actual question this is probably one of the most uninformed & least knowledgeable places you could ever expect a proper answer to come from.

Be weary of any advice given here as it's amateur & perfunctory at best.

Have a nice day.

That's what you get for making a fucking waifufag edition

>hate speech
Like I said, there's no hope for Europe and thinking like this is why it's already over for you guys.

I'm not OP, just concerned since there is no active /gg/ thread
anyway I wanted to ask if theres a way to reduce white noise in guitar rig other than the noise reduction component because as soon as I put some distortion I get earrape

Are you using single coils?

There are a million and one ways, for example, get your guitar grounded (if it isn't already), make sure you pedal power supply is isolated, make sure your amplifier is grounded, if you're using single coils switch to humbuckers etc. There are dozens of contributing factors to guitar hum

Whats a good place to learn guitar, or book rather?

yes, but when I use my amp (which is horrible btw) there is no white noise even with distortion

I don't want to mess with my guitar because I'm poor and unexperienced, I'm looking for a way to fix it on my computer

Bring it to your local GC and tell them you want to get it grounded. It's not even that expensive

Generally speaking, how much to fix an amp?

That's probably because you're Satan?

Just kidding, can you clarify what you're dealing with?

damn I just noticed those trips
I'm getting painful white noise in guitar rig whenever I use distortion and the noise reduction thing isn't helping much

>clipping

Does she actually play?

Or does she just do the poser thing and just strum a few simple chords?

Kind of a stupid question since it entirely depends on the amp itself. If a SS amp is fried, it's gonna cost you the price of the circuit board plus labor.

Probs a stupid question but assuming i have an e.guitar, can i just plug it into a speaker and expect it to work? Why do i need a specific speaker sold at guitar shops for it? Do i require anything else inbetween the guitar and guitar speaker (amp?)

you can use your computer but it will probably sound like shit, amps are made for guitars

I still don't know how to fix pic related

>can i just plug it into a speaker and expect it to work
No, the signal that comes out of your guitar is nowhere "strong" enough to power a speaker. It has to go through an amplifier first.

why do i need to plug it into my computer? cant i just go into a fuzz box then into my monitors?

oh ok, so thats whats on a guitar speaker then?

>guitar rig
Get a real amp and stop using sim shit.

wouldn't that be fun huh?

A guitar speaker is pic related. I assume you mean a guitar combo amplifier which is an amp coupled to a cabinet. But yeah, that's why you can't plug your guitar into any speaker system that you see.

youtube.com/watch?v=QrV61ATP3Ec
how do I get the sound from the solos?

New cover: youtube.com/watch?v=y1_EUje1Rvg&feature=youtu.be

Old Cover: youtube.com/watch?v=y00E5THj-ss
Would love some feedback on whether I've improved in the last four months.

yeah the video quality is much better on the new one, what camera did you use?

Canon 500D, I live in rural england though so I have to compress the video like fuck to even get it to upload

I would suggest turning your highs down quite a bit or rolling down the tone knob, that's basically icepick tone but clean.

The actual playing seems fine though I would work on trying to get a nicer sounding tone since that's really the only issue

Oh and if you're using your bridge pickup I'd probably stop that and switch to the neck since that could also be your issue.

Yeah I used to bridge, I have texas specials on the guitar, the neck can sound a bit too thick when I'm trying to emulate a telecaster.

WHATEVER YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD

I've seen her with an acoustic so I'm assuming just chords but no idea

How do I grew sixth finger on left hand? Any famous guitarists with six fingers?

If I dont have another amp is it better for me to get the Fender Mustang III or the Fender Mustang V? V is only a head amp, but is 50W higher and comes with a 4 switch box for switching between effects and such.

I have a 3, it's pretty good, I played into it for this (as the guy mentioned, my tone is too sharp). I think you can buy switchboards for the 3 too, haven't bothered with that though.

I'd get the Mustang III if I were you.
Especially if don't have a cabinet.

I bet she knows how to pull off and hammer on.
If you know what I mean.

I would avoid a modeling amp in general, just look on craigslist for something used, at $300 you could get something much better for only a little more money. I picked up my JC-120 for around that much money.

Im looking for $200, not $300. I could only go that high on the amp if I cheaped out on my guitar and only spent like $240.

I'd sure let her whammy my bar if you catch my drift

>Tay Tay Edition
oh fuck yes

repetition expecting different results are the characteristics of insanity.

What are some alternatives to a double cut Les Paul, aesthetically? I search for a solidbody, humbucker guitar, with symmetric or nearly symmetric cuts, preferably less heavy-weight than the Les Paul.

Ibanez Artist is the only thing that comes to mind, but is there any more?

Fuck, those shorts.
>HNNNNG!

;____;

Some grestch models (pic related is a firebird)

I really dig Yamaha Revstars.

the horns seem so tiny, and the whole thing itself a bit boxy.

I saw them in store a couple of times, maybe I'll check them out anyway next time.

Isn't there also an old VOX that's exactly like that ?

She has good taste in guitars.

Oh, yeah at $200, it's a bit tricky. They're not going to be super loud but the Fender VibroChamp XD has a tube preamp I think or something like that and should sound alright. I think Orange also make tiny tube amps?

youtube.com/watch?v=LDetcRKTCOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-9LZVcy8_FA
youtube.com/watch?v=OGDkg3QiJmk

;)

Why /gg/ thinks that handmade guitars imply higher quality than CNC cut guitars?
CNC machines are more accurate, consistent, and careful than human hands. Only difference is they cost less to use than to hire someone to do the job by hand.

Also why does /gg/ think a guitar is good if made by Americans, rather than Mexicans. The race has nothing to do with build quality. Has /gg/ just been so conditioned by the classic "made in US" marketing we see on so many guitar related products?

Why are guitarists so blind and stupid? Basically, is what i'm wondering.

what soundcard do you use?

If machines are so accurate then why do the same two Fender strats have so much difference, like some have obvious pocket gaps, and badly filed fret ends

I'd look for a good used Marshall practice amp, they tend to sound pretty decent even in that price range. Do yourself a favor and avoid buying new gear if you can, it's a rip off.

Orange makes hybrid, not full tube. They're quite decent, but lack controls and the 8" speaker is apparently shit.

Probably because there's more to guitars than just cutting the body right. My guitar's shit and I've never found the body inadequate.

>Why /gg/ thinks that handmade guitars imply higher quality than CNC cut guitars?
>CNC machines are more accurate, consistent, and careful than human hands. Only difference is they cost less to use than to hire someone to do the job by hand.
I agree taht CNC is more accurate but there's still a final finishing and setup phase that needs to be done by hand as far as I know and that's where the quality variances might ocurr. Some of the detailing is quite labor intensive and that's where costs are cut for the cheaper lines.
>Also why does /gg/ think a guitar is good if made by Americans, rather than Mexicans. The race has nothing to do with build quality. Has /gg/ just been so conditioned by the classic "made in US" marketing we see on so many guitar related products?
Not everyone here is a Fenderfag senpai.
In my case I absolutely love Music Mans and they are made in the US. Last time I watched a factory tour, there were some obvious latinos but again, it's San Luis Obispo.
I also own a jap Ibanez and it's great, no bias on the location.
>Why are guitarists so blind and stupid?
Are you a bitter bassfag or just looking for a (You)? :^)

Oh I know, but I'm referring solely to the cutting process there. My bad it wasn't clear.
But the rest of the process doesnt matter if the guitar is being built on by Mexicans or Americans, just how much they're being paid and what line they're working on and the standards they are told to follow for it.

I'm a guitarist too, but it's impossible to deny that the guitar market is perhaps one of the stupidest out there.

>Are you a bitter bassfag or just looking for a (You)? :^)
He's partly right though.
>Tube is always better than SS !
>vintage
>fucking relics
>blindly refusing active pickups
There's a real collection of morons.

>I'm a guitarist too, but it's impossible to deny that the guitar market is perhaps one of the stupidest out there.
There are a lot of myths and snake oil salesman.
For now I only trust what I can trust what I can hear or play.
I agree tho, the relic triggers me the most.

>>blindly refusing active pickups
bout sick of your shit /gg/

>the relic triggers me the most

You talking shit about ak-tives m8 ?

Exactly. And there are millions of other memes and myths out there that guitarists blindly believe because they want to be like their idols.

although I'm not a fan of active pickups either.

>Also why does /gg/ think a guitar is good if made by Americans
Pic related, this is what Gibson does with scratch and dent stuff at the factory. If something gets damaged they just throw it into the back of a semi trailer to be hauled off as garbage when it gets filled all the way up. Keep in mind that some of these guitars would be retailing for around $5000 at your local Guitar Center.

I'll say it again, electric guitars are just some cheap wood with some metal and plastic parts screwed on, nothing more.

Active with an onboard EQ is really cool I think.

I'd play that
Red Les Paul best Les Paul

I'd play that pink pussy

we all would, if not for the pussy, then for the fun of it

> implying /gg/ isn't /gaygeneral/

how prude

gay guys

gopher gobblers

Im pretty pissed off at the range for left handed guitars, especially colorways so i was considering getting a pit bull kit. anyone got experience with these? do they come with everything or do you need to make the circuitry seperate

Reminder that 99% of the playability of the guitar model of your choice is fretwork and setup.

So a 1 meter thick neck will always be playable ? Thanks handsome stranger !

If you're handy, it's probably about the same price to just buy an SX. Cheaper kit guitars usually need fretwork. Anyway the left handed stuff SX makes seems to be the same price or cheaper than the right handed stuff.

>of the model of your choice

yeah but what if I want a 1M thick neck, for these TOANS and SUSTAINS ?

>hauled off as garbage

How about no, that is what happens to seconds, which are then sold to a wholesale clearing house, then end up on sites like stratosphereparts.com.

How would i achieve the sound at the beginning? youtube.com/watch?v=CSJXle3LP_Q

Kay Pay > Tay Sway

Just how bad are squier bullets? am i getting memed on by the people who say theyre shit?

Gibson stopped selling factory 2nds in 1985.

You dumb, uninformed shit.

Do you really expect a 100$ guitar to have any form of quality, regardless of the brand ?

well really all guitars are the same sort of thing, for most expensive ones its about finish and brand name is it not?

Can someone, please, tell me what the hell is pic related and how I'm supposed to play it?

>Tay Tay edition
>no pics of her playing that awesome white Johnny Marr Jag she's been using lately

It's a tab, you're supposed to play it on a bass guitar.

So /gg/, how badly do you want this?
youtube.com/watch?v=xwWw9g0EgHA

multiply through. for example, where it says 5(x16), 5*16=80 so you play fret 80.

no

Stratosphere is selling 2016 bodies, you want to keep going?

does this guy have a degree or something? some of his stuff is either ingenious or stolen