THE AVALANCHES - SINCE I LEFT YOU (SUPERIOR 'ZOMBA PROMO' VERSION)

How it do?

So, chances are you're experienced secondhand hype for the Avalanches if you haven't already checked them out. If you feel like you wanna give them a try, instead of copping the official version of Since I Left You, download the Zomba Promo instead.

"This is the original unreleased version of Since I Left You, titled "The Album" before any samples were cut from it because of copyright reasons. It was leaked in late 2014 and a download link mysteriously appeared on Sup Forums (Sup Forums) containing high quality FLAC files and MP3 V0. Notable differences from the original Australian release include an extra track titled With My Baby and a Younger Than Springtime sample in the beginning of Since I Left You and at the end of Live At Dominoes. Radio also has a slightly different beginning."

(FLAC)
mega.nz/#!qR53FTaY!PdJEDBCW8BdQeGbEApRQDNqXg3UveEgGeV_PoiIBbCA

(MP3)
mega.nz/#F!z9VjyA7D!wCQux7M8p3QQ3GLFI9EH0w

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ve48Riz5B4w
youtube.com/watch?v=NAMPOAfdH8U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

With my Baby is such a good song, such a shame they had to cut it

How does this one compare to the content in GIMIX?

this isn't all that different at the end of the day, especially compared to versions that probably exist in a cupboard somewhere - i.e. the version of extra kings as shown in the documentary @ 10:30

youtube.com/watch?v=Ve48Riz5B4w

You'd think the people trying to prevent them from sampling on grounds of copyright would understand that this is something bigger than themselves.

thank you !

This is of a higher quality than GIMIX.

Ya'll see the trailer for the new Avalanches documentary about the new album? It has a sneak preview of a new track with Danny Brown on it, sounded Amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=NAMPOAfdH8U

best documentary. Robbie is so shy

i've only ever listened to my CD copy for years, didn't know about this

thanks OP downloading now

mixes and EP's wise there's really quite a lot of material from them to discover

how many versions of this are there?
so far i have heard about like 5 different ones

This is the most comprehensive and recent one. The one left unscathed by their label or copyright claims.

So, Chances of getting the album this year?

Hints:

>New trailer for a a movie called Since They Left Us
>They're playing a handful of festivals this year
>been promised every year for the last 5 atleast
>Danny Brown said he worked on it last yearish and he seemed to think it was pretty close to being done. (tho he later joked that it will never come out)

i'm pretty sure a june or july release is basically locked in at this point
perhaps we will get a date with the single this week

It's not a movie trailer, it's just designed to look like a movie trailer in a joking way

They've been making more public hints in the last month towards its release than they ever have, that shit is def. completed, mastered, and legally cleared. I think they're either going to drop it without warning or announce it w/ a single less than a week before release, that's pretty typical for big hyped acts nowadays.

turntablism > memederphonics

What does that mean

I first listened to this album when it released and I was eleven years old. I didn't quite get it, but I enjoyed it. Over the years it became my favourite and I've waited over half of my life for more material. Despite that, I've never heard the "full" version.

Thanks.

>Since I Left You
>not containing a fair amount of impressive turntablism

I still think that Extra Kings is the best ending to any album I've ever heard, but you won't appreciate it unless you've heard the whole album prior to that. The way it comes full circle is perfection.

Only with "younger than springtiiime" though

>tfw realising the opening track is playing tricks on you, just like the person talking in the song

Real sadness, right there.

I remember being really excited for a new album in like 2011

I've given up on all hope

I haven't given up, but it's not going to be "sixteen years good" so there's no point in being hyped for it.

Sharing copyright stuff is illegal, where are fucking mods

wait so is this Gimix or what?

320 please

Download the FLAC and do it yourself you fucking ungrateful shitcunt.

Who knows? Keep in mind they've actually been working on it this whole damn time, something even Kevin Sheilds and D'Angelo can't say about their comebacks. And this thing is definitely coming out soon, unless they're being enormous assholes, and that suggests they're happy enough with it to call it finished and say it's worth the many years of work. I'm not saying anyone should expect the greatest album ever made but I'd damn well expect it to be among the densest and most polished

But I want you to do it for me you fucking cunt.

Weren't you taught manners as a child? You say thank you first and then you ask if it would be possible to get a 320, not just expect it.

>downloading 320 when v0 is available
literally wasting hard drive space for no reason

Hahahahahaha die of cancer

Possibly. It's just with all of the people leaving the band, the silence over it, the fact we have no idea what to expect. I genuinely believe they would just come out and say "This isn't working out" if they had no intention of releasing it. I believe if anybody can make something perfect it's them.

The thing is, they did it the first time with no expectations. This time around they have had an incredible amount of time to create perhaps an hour long album with sixteen years of hype, an ever-expanding fanbase and just enough teasers throughout the years to get people excited.

Go back to /t/ you poor faget

>trips satan confirms
>younger than springtiiime
I don't understand

I like turntablism too but I think plunderphonics is more interesting as it's less reliant on the scratching aspect and can cover a wider range of sounds and music types. Though 8 think I agree with someone in an earlier thread about plunderphonics being more of an umbrella genre and turntablism being sort of a subgenre.

What's some good turntablism you'd recommend though? Besides Kids Koala.

Then you need to listen to OP's link ASAP

this version of extra kings is so much better how did i not know

I don't know how to tag this album

Is it "The Album" or "Since I Left You" name for Zomba version of this album? I'm confused as fuck.

I just have it as Since I Left You, the album had already been released under that name in Australia when that promo was pressed, no clue why Zomba apparently didn't know what it was called

Since I Left You (Zomba Promo)

I just put "the album"

this is how i tagged mine

I feel like The Avalanches were talented enough to produce several high quality records during the time since their debut album dropped. Seems like every other year there's been rumors of a follow-up happening. It's a shame, because all of these delays has lead to almost insurmountable expectations. Even if the sequel is fantastic, it will still be a shadow of the original. Had they released three or four records since 2000, there wouldn't be as much pressure.

I have a feeling that there's a ton of half-baked material laying somewhere. I remember hearing how they wanted to release the album sometime in 2012, but couldn't because of all the legal mumbo jumbo associated with selling an album with so many samples. Getting every sample cleared has to be a nightmare.

The video they posted on Facebook seamed to have some snippets of what we can only assume to be their new album. It sounded pretty great, but again, I'm not sure if it will live up to the hype.

>inb4iTunes
Have you ever heard about simple but yet powerful music player called foobar2000? Use it.

What's even the point of having the commercially released version? It's not the album as intended

>2012+4
>not using musicbee
shiggy

>I'm not sure if it will live up to the hype.

Depends of how old are you, the older you are the more nostalgic you become where at some point everything new tastes not like it used to be in old days and becoming in the end is being perceived as "bad" where in reality it holds its own ground and it will be memoried very well in next years to come. (see an example of: Daft Punk - Random Access Memories)

There is no "hype". Only what dumb faggots like you expect it to be, and since you all suffer from illusory superiority, the expectations you set for it will raise the bar so high that whatever they release, even if it's a 10/10, will be deemed as garbage.

considered switching media players from time to time never get around to it

not sure just do

I think they didn't release more because after they came out of nowhere ans made it big they now had a huge amount of pressure to make it as good as SILY.
I'm sure they've tried countless experiments that ended up not panning out too, but I would really hope they've been spending this time steadily and surely nursing a vision to completion rather than just throwing stuff at the wall and failing.

>bee
Sorry I don't like insects anywhere near me