Wat do. Am dumb

Installing arch and after I reboot i try to download xorg-apps but pic related happens. I try to ping google and pic related happens. How to fix?

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 2.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wireless_network_configuration#Manual.2Fautomatic_setup
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yer doin' good
Network is just being a bother

ip a

And we can see if you have a gatway connection.

looks like a DNS problem.
fix it

you likely didn't set up any network connection

Don'r be mean user

There

Attached: IMG_1732.jpg (3264x2448, 1.32M)

Run dhcpcd on one of the interfaces

No connection at all.

Did you connect to wifi?
Arch doesn't automatically add your wifi creds to the install when you pacstrap.

I tried on both and it didn't work. Can't access wifi-menu.

You didn't install dialog, then.

pacman -S dialog iw wpa_supplicant

In arch-chroot, time to reboot into install media

Need 'dialog'?

Just restart into the livecd and install through arch-chroot

pacman -S wpa_supplicant dialog

How to install when wifi wont work?

Reboot into install media, mount /dev/sda*, arch-chroot /mnt

Make sure to connect to WiFi on the install media before arch-chroot

Ty

you're welcome dingus

Attached: 13903437_497891633736770_959178466779074155_n.jpg (640x601, 34K)

Not OP, just finished installing Arch, trying to get internet.
I want to use the command
iwconfig

so i can enter the serial number in place of eth0
# sudo systemctl enable [email protected]

but it's telling me
-bash: iwconfig: command not found

ifconfig doesn't work either.

Take out the storage drive that you attempted to install shitnux on and dispose of it since you infected it with shitty software. Then buy a new storage drive and install Windows 10.

Problem solved.

I should mention I'm using vbox

>ip addr

Cool, that worked, thanks.

You're welcome.

This is now Arch Linux Install Help General

ask anything and I'll answer

Why are you unemployed?

Are you a basement dweller? No need to answer. We all already know it's true.

No, I have my own apartment and a girlfriend, faggot.

I'm not, I'm a system administrator. I am just trying to be nice.

now it just fails to start wlp4s0
wat do

picture

Here

Attached: IMG_1735.jpg (3264x2448, 1.62M)

sudo dhcpcd

Reboot. wifi-menu and connect to the network you want.

sudo dhcpcd

Profit.

Ben? Finally decided to give Arch the ol' one two, eh?

no interfaces have a carrier
forked to background, child pid 588

You have a basement and no gf. You use hippie software developed by one guy in a basement. Prove me wrong.

this. wifi-menu is what you need OP. just works

Attached: wifi.jpg (659x411, 87K)

Can't login to wifi even with correct password.

>Arch doesn't break user that's just a meme

mfw

Now I'm trying to install basic X using
# sudo pacman -S xorg-server xorg-xinit xorg-server-utils

but I'm getting:
error: target not found: xorg-server-utils

Nothing's "broken" he just doesn't know how to get internet working.

that's because you're still not connected to the internet.

isn't dhcpcd only for Ethernet? why are you using your WiFi card?

Correction: the connection just fails

>Download Ubuntu
>Burn to usb
>Install
>In 15 minutes you'll be done, and all this shit will be configured and installed automagically for you

xorg-utils

Did you even read this, OP?
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wireless_network_configuration#Manual.2Fautomatic_setup

If you don't want to read, just try Ubuntu instead.

i've stopped bothering with all this inane shit that all these plebs are asking you.

fyi, if you install gnome and networkmanager you have to set up 0 of this shit. literally there is nothing to set up anymore

lmao this. but the other shit is for if you don't want to use gnome.

wpa_passphrase >~/wifi
wpa_supplicant -c ~/wifi -i

post result

>Arch linux

Found your problem mate. Try Mint. Shit just werkz.

but then your running amazon botware

nice

Get out of here with your facts faggot we're memeing

True but unlike Arch at least it actually works

werks on my macheene

Install Gentoo

If you're unable to install Arch even with the help of the wiki should you be messing with Linux - well an advanced distribution such as Arch - in the first place?

kde does the same

This thread is a perfect example why nobody takes your little commie OS seriously.

All this text because a fucking wifi doesnt work.

If you used Winwows or MAC you wouldnt even have to worry about this, it would be done automatically.

But hey, at least you can feel like a hacker while everyone actually laughs at you and your pathetic "OS"

>mfw OP makes this thread again with Gentoo

Attached: 11148475_10205888481678644_7077897536686671709_o.jpg (1365x1365, 177K)

>Arch
>Advanced

mfw

But I agree OP was clearly over his head starting with Arch. Should have started with based Xubuntu.

This. Unless you use Winwows or MAC I'm laughing at you.

>If you used Winwows or MAC you wouldnt even have to worry about this, it would be done automatically.
or he could have installed gnome or kde and network manager and had it done automatically. Imagine being able to choose your desktop environment... such wow

>Installing arch
theres your problem you babbling retard

Attached: disapointed basketball player.png (220x245, 110K)

>commie OS

but I kill commies

What's wrong with communism? Just give it a try.

(you)

Yes, but then he couldn't install i3 gaps and loli wallpaper and post to muh minimalize threadz

Well advanced as in not your first distro to plunge right into the world of Linux

Trial by fire, bitch.

Imagine being this ass blasted by desktop threads. We don't complain about your faggy LED-lit monstrosity "battlestation" threads.

Why is this supposed to be an insult? At least we actually have that freedom to customize shit. And we aren't stuck with shitty Windows because we're not tech illiterates like you.

Never posted in a battlestation thread mate. Never even looked at one. Could care less. The butthurt is strong with this one.

>Windows

Never

Whatever, you're still pretty bitter. Did you try posting a desktop there once and people told you it was ugly? What's the deal. Just move on man. Life is better when you focus on the things you like rather than people doing things you don't like.

Nope. Never posted one. My setup is nothing special.

Now tell me. Where did the DE touch you? What turned you into such a colossal fag? Was it all the hentai?

Shut the fuck you tards.
Linux, Mac, Windows - none of it matters all of them are shit. How can you argue day in and day out over the same goddamn retarded topic?
>Mine is better
>No my dick is bigger
Just kill yourselves already.

This is kinda where I'm at with this whole board. I think I should stop coming here, it's all so tiresome, but I just don't know where else I would go. I'm banned from all popular social media websites, and I can't handle reddit (I tried posting there once but I couldn't hold a conversation without resorting to name calling and insults)

Maybe I should try /ic/. I lurk there sometimes and I want to learn to draw.

Attached: besties.jpg (564x789, 71K)

YOU WILL TOUCH MY BUTTHOLE YOU WILL

Use your Windows 10 disc and boot into it in order to repair your install. If you don't have one you could download a ISO from the Microsoft Website and make a bootable USB.

Well fuck you guys, I'm just having fun trying to get Arch to work,
it's like an mmo game where you build a tight OS with the help of others.
I'm struggling, but having fun. If you're not, go do something else.

Attached: 1516492508353.jpg (750x537, 103K)

you evil bastard

Attached: Justin-Trudeau-crying-1100875.jpg (590x510, 31K)

I used to use Network Manager because installation process was hassle free for wifi but ran into issues with the nm-applet on xfce panel such as network disconnecting or refusing to connect.
Ditched it recently in favor of wicd-gtk which works like a charm and was just as easy to install.

And that's grand user, I'm all for having fun and experimenting that's not the thing I take issue with. That's why I'm up for helping people when they ask, but people comparing their dick sizes by proxy using their OS gets tiresome real fast.

I doubt it is the same people over and over, eventually they get tired and new blood join the ranks starting the process all over again.
Monkey see monkey do.
It is not all bad however, you get to learn something new in the process.
I likely wouldn't have tried arch or gentoo if it weren't for the constant bickering.

Dude, I use MacOS. Tell me about it.

Even better, Windows 10.

Well I appreciate the help the community gives, so thanks for that.
OS dick sizing can be tiresome, but man when I see a slick setup I get inspired.
Whether it's arch or gentoo or what have you, getting these things to work is a craft and it should be fun, and if you're able to build it to a degree that suits you, you should be proud, no matter what some jackass says.

Nothing wrong with that. Shame you get bullied about it. Like who gives a shit?

If the person installing from cli is dedicated to learning and has another device to fall back on then so be it.
Most would be discouraged by it though and are better off starting with a simpler live install that holds their hand via the GUI.

Hell I took an introductory course on Unix which got me into the whole thing to begin with and even then I started from Ubuntu.
Better off installing arch/gentoo in a VM to get a feel for the installation process prior to diving into a bare metal install.

Meh, fair enough. Who can resist a slick setup at the end of the day? It's not like everyone on Sup Forums is insufferable after all.

Hats off to OP. My first linux try was Arch. I failed, got frustrated, did Ubuntu instead. Props for sticking to it.

Yeah I'm in an intro to Unix/C/C++ programming class right now, and playing with these distros on VMs is helping me learn a lot.
Virtualization is so fucking great.

I definitely want to be able to install arch/gentoo type systems like second nature before I touch bare metal shit. OP is a madman.

Your LCD is too hot. You can see that by the red light. You should take some crystals out of your LCD and let them cool down. However, when taking crystals out of LCD remember that it becomes Liquid Display and you have to store it in a bowl or other liquid container.

>he thinks arch is complicated

I didn't realize how retarded the average college student is.

You are the cancer killing Sup Forums

>the normie retard that thinks arch is complicated isn't the cancer

haha

Hey faggot, I've got to learn somehow.

There's literally a step-by-step installation guide. I installed Arch for the first time at the local library on their free WiFi when I was 13. How the fuck is a college student so incompetent that they find it "complicated"?

it's litterally just
>boot in
>partition with fdisks
>mount root, and uefi if needed
>setup networking(Probably already setup in installation media but i dont remember)
>install base

hes probably used to guis desu