I miss 14.04 adware. Now they are including google and microsoft botnet on Ubuntu

I miss 14.04 adware. Now they are including google and microsoft botnet on Ubuntu
Really a shame since Ubuntu has some nice features.
I think the future for most people (I mean people who want to use linux and have programs without building from source) is TrueOS, some other BSD variant or something like PCLinuxOS/MX Linux which are not totally independent but they are systemd free
I can see someone making some OpenBSD port to emulate Mint/Ubuntu (easy to use)
Mint is the only community with actual funding and they could use their money to develop a really good ubuntu/debian based distro without bloatware(including systemd) but it seems Mint is another project that is trying to be as much proprietary and bloware friendly as possible
Fucking puppy linux and pale moon furries and weirdos have better understanding of the unix philosophy and making good code than all *buntu and debian paid devs

Attached: Your future.jpg (457x512, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/02/install-skype-linux-ubuntu
news.slashdot.org/story/18/02/09/1919258/ubuntu-1804-lts-could-come-with-snap-apps-preinstalled
bleepingcomputer.com/news/linux/ubuntu-gets-in-the-user-data-collection-business/
news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-and-canonical-to-offer-enhanced-vm-experiences-for-ubuntu-18-04-lts-520035.shtml
distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=emmabuntus
itsfoss.com/midnightbsd-founder-lucas-holt/
gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroiddata/merge_requests/260
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=18256
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86
debian.org/partners/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Now they are including google and microsoft botnet on Ubuntu
[citation needed]

Just use mate or some other responsibilities then.

>Mint is the only community with actual funding
lol what

pretty sure there are a lot of other distros (fedora comes to mind) that get a lot more funding than mint does

This.
If anything it's pure delusion to think Mint is a "rich" distro.

omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/02/install-skype-linux-ubuntu
news.slashdot.org/story/18/02/09/1919258/ubuntu-1804-lts-could-come-with-snap-apps-preinstalled
bleepingcomputer.com/news/linux/ubuntu-gets-in-the-user-data-collection-business/
news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-and-canonical-to-offer-enhanced-vm-experiences-for-ubuntu-18-04-lts-520035.shtml
>inb4 it's nothing just deal with it
but fedora is funded by a big corporation, Mint is mostly funded by small companies and small donations

None of the links you posted show a Google or Microsoft botnet being included in 18.04.

Why are you spreading FUD?

>None of the links you posted show a Google or Microsoft botnet being included in 18.04.
Now are you calling me paranoid because out of nowhere microsoft and ubuntu became best friends, ubuntu will start to collect big data and microsoft is offering easy Skype 1 click install for ubuntu... all a coincidence

you are tech-illiterate, absolutely wrong, and have no idea what a snap package is.

Not calling you paranoid, but you're jumping to conclusions without supporting evidence.

oh, okay, i understand the point you were trying to make now

I like how nobody's debating the literal botnet part, just sperging out about the utterly irrelevant detail of whether it's actually google/microsoft cancer underneath. Good work goys.

Attached: file.jpg (710x532, 140K)

Ubuntu has no botnet. Some Jew lie to spoil the upcoming LTS release.

the point is we need ubuntu/mint but actually independent from canonical/debian or redhat

Thats just fucking stupid. The only reason those distros are so functions is because of the big names behind them. Hobbyists distros are trash with horrible security and awful defaults. That would be the absolute worst thing that could possibly happen to Linux.

ubuntu has been a botnet since the Amazon deal, and has had the incentive to become even more of a botnet since they turned off Amazon integration by default. Canonical is strapped for cash hard, so it'd be naive to assume they're not trying milk the living shit out of jewbuntu with botnets somehow at this point.

Just use one of the other Ubuntu spins like mate then. Jesus fuck you cunts suck.

>That would be the absolute worst thing that could possibly happen to Linux.
are you crazy or what? we actually some slackware friendly or arch without systemd friendly asap
systemd trash

I've never had any problem with systemd. I do wish the faggot that made it was never a programmer though. Pulseaudio is absolute fucking trash.

> IMO the most popular distro is getting worse
> I'd like to introduce to you an obscure distro, that's what everybody will need or want!

>obscure distro
If it's friendly, secure and has some games, vlc, icecat, firefox, easy installing package, people will use it
Why do you think people should only use mainstream distros?

>moving the bar

according to distrowatch this is based on Ubuntu Long term released and its free of systemd
distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=emmabuntus
It's made for non-profit organizations or something
thoughts?

nice jewy portrait

>If it's friendly, secure and has some games, vlc, icecat, firefox, easy installing package, people will use it
itsfoss.com/midnightbsd-founder-lucas-holt/

>Your future.jpg
oh god no. pls no

>pale moon furries and weirdos have better understanding of the unix philosophy and making good code
HAH. Maybe puppy devs do, but don't lump in the palememe retards with them if that's the case, cause they'd gladly go closed source and turn themselves into a proprietary shitbrowser if they could:

gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroiddata/merge_requests/260

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=18256

github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86

>gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroiddata/merge_requests/260
>forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=18256
>github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86
only preventing retards that don't know how to port software from making a shit port. A shit port = people complaining about the software itself when in fact it's the idiot who doesn't know how to port it. Pale Moon is not only shipped on puppy but many other distros. You can even build the tar ball in 2 minutes.

>muh unix philosophy
This again?

>trying to make fun of something that is 101 basics
why do you make fun of this? when you are sick do you go to some african healer or experimental chinese herb merchant?

>The only reason those distros are so functions is because of the big names behind them
You do have a good point but it's not the entire story. Don't forget that Ubuntu and Linux Mint and many others are just Debian with some extra packages added and some tweaks. There's no large names behind Debian,
debian.org/partners/
it's essentially a "hobby" distribution. It's just a very old one with a unusually large community.

Ubuntu is almost free from debian except for the systemd stuff
Debian as of today is irrelevant to the world of linux. People only install debian to make it like ubuntu.

Face it, most people actually LIKE shitd. As much as I hate to admit it.
As for distros that are systemd-free, technically, Debian counts; purge systemd, then install sysvinit and openrc.
user, it takes more than two minutes to build even on a 12 core processor with an entire system built with LTO.
I personally use pale meme. I think the devs thus far have done the right things but for the wrong reasons. It's only a matter of time until they seriously fuck up.
Side note: that I can't build PM with gcc7 is infuriating. Has anyone bothered to make patches?
A huge number of server operators would like to have a word with you about irrelevancy.

is that a tranny?

>preventing retards that don't know how to port software from making a shit port.
well they already failed at that then, since the entire reason their retarded asses are anal about ports is because they rely on a ton of outdated homebrewed forks of common libs like sqlite, instead of using shared upstream libs like a responsible project. It's literally a security nightmare, and just begging for code rot, because 1-2 people are hardly enough to maintain a browser, nevermind a suite of half-baked patched libs that are almost as large as the browser itself. If this were a sanely run project with more developers, maybe they'd get the benefit of the doubt, but these devs have made it plenty clear that they are dumbfucks, and there's simply no other way to spin it.

Attached: file.jpg (549x720, 77K)

>openbsd
>not freebsd

>missed the part about TrueOS

Attached: file.png (1920x1077, 1.97M)

Anything with long hair and is on Sup Forums is most likely a tranny.

>I can see someone making some OpenBSD port to emulate Mint/Ubuntu (easy to use)
I can't, but do it yourself or die trying.

i know what you are saying but there is a reason to avoid shared libraries sometimes.