Worst type of music listener?

Worst type of music listener?

My vote goes to the girl who copies her boyfriend's music taste completely and passes it off as her own.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dDRHx4cPgbE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My vote goes to the Sup Forumstant who just downloaded the essentials and thinks he is patrician and better than his ''normie'' friends because he swapped Billboard for Pitchfork.

>tfw my girlfriend doesnt follow my taste despite lots of similarities, I listen to loads of Sup Forums shit and she loves indie math rock like Girlfriends, Jank, americ anfootball, shit like that

She has great taste

This is best kind of girlfriend, my previous GF was like that - our tastes complimented each other

Americ anmeatball is pretty Sup Forums core.
Glad your gf has good taste though user.

FPBP

"I don't know what they're called, I just like this song"

The people who download their music through youtube converters to like 128kps. Then they don't even bother to change the title or artists name for the track so it shows up on their phones as:

>thomas rhett - die a happy man w/ lyrics [HD AUDIO 1080p!!!!!]

garbage song, btw.

Bro-country ruined my life

:^((((

sadboys who derive their entire personality through the shitty bands they like

even worse are the people who criticize the music you listen to because it's "scary" or "disturbing" or "just some hobo rapping over a bunch of noise".

Yet they listen to florida georgia line

>tfw girl I like is into dadrock and dadrock only

I'd also make fun of my friends if they listened to death grips

My mate who still basically exclusively listens to Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco.

lol Sup Forums isn't your friend man

The people who ONLY listen to "metal".
And when I say ONLY "metal", I mean LITERALLY NOTHING but that.
The only bands they listen to will be:
Metallica, Sabaton, Slipknot, AC/DC, Iron Maiden and that's about it off the top of my head.
They disregard EVERY other type of music.
EVERY
SINGLE
ONE

The way my girlfriend listens to music, she'll start talking about a band that she started to listen to and how she really likes it and then I check her last.fm and it's just 1 or 2 songs from said band repeated a number of times. I wish she would listen to albums.

Also this.

One genre ponies and people who claim to be super into a genre, but can only list the basic starter-pack tier bands involved.

IE:
>Metal: Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath
>Hip-Hop: Kanye, 2Pac, Eminem
>Electronic: Deadmau5, Skrillex, Bass Nectar
>Prog: Pink Floyd, Yes, Asia
>Post-Rock: Godspeed, Explosions In The Sky, Mogwai

Either that or stoners who only listen to Wiz Khalifa or Bob Marley. They are always those faggots that wear "KUSH" snapbacks, week leaf shirts, and can't speak without reminding everyone in the room they smoke.

Stoners with somewhat good taste in music have always been some of the coolest people I know, however, and usually are willing to try anything.

Fucking this, I'd rather listen to farts through a tin-can than listen to music from youtube.

I used to do this, put it on my psp kek
good times

like my comment if the watchmojo top 10 weirdest music genres brought you here!

The worst type of music listeners are never talked about here, and it's the people who listen to music from their phone speakers. Ultimate cringe

People who enjoy the music they listen to

>the girl who copies her boyfriend's music taste completely and passes it off as her own.

That's every girl with a boyfriend.

>if it's not on spotify, it doesn't exist
Somehow they just can't wrap their heads around wanting to run shit locally and not being restricted by limited libraries.

and if she doesn't have a boyfriend it's just her brother instead

>TFW I went on a date with the hottest girl last week.

All she listens to is radio play shit.
Why so hard to find hot gf with good taste Sup Forums?

People who like anything nerdy. I'll admit there is some good nerd rock out there like Weezer and Cake, but I'm talking about real cringey, horrible, holy fuck how did this even come about music.

Like Steam Powered Giraffe:
youtube.com/watch?v=dDRHx4cPgbE

>weezer
>good

o i am laffin

>Post-Rock
>find out someone likes post-rock
>starts talking enthusiastically about first wave stuff
>they haven't heard about talk talk, slint, tortoise or cul de sac
>all they know are third wave shit like mono and god is an astronaut

you

kys

Those who claim to listen "classical music" based on a Youtube playlist, but they can't name a single aria, identify a movement or quotate Köchel and BVW catalogues properly.

Yeah this, like classical violin over eurotrance. Legit had a friend of mine from uni pull that up on youtube when we were carpooling to class one day. We didn't let her put music on after that (not in like a "you can't do it anymore because your taste is shit" kinda way, just like a "let's just listen to the radio" kinda way).

I like math rock, but yeah... that band is straight-up wankcore with no actual song structure.

This, very much this
Jesus, I hate steam powered giraffe. I have a shit ton of "friends" that are very tumblr or sjw (not my favorite people, but the occasional semi-decent conversation) and they all obsess over SPG. But everything about them makes me cringe

>uh oh my cover's blown

c'mon you know that song is bretty catchy user

i do this for the sole purpose of uploading them to slsk

kiss your sister?

I'd like to add that her boyfriend once said that he was into real UK dub step and quoted Mt Eden as being his favourite. Both lovely people, just shocking taste

What the fuck did I just watch?

this is embarassing as fuck, I'm sure they would never listen to an album either.

>quotate

thread winner

>sister dismisses her boyfriends music and especially my music in favor of tumblr-core indie shit
Don't know, m8.

i've never seen this happen. it's always (in order):

MAXIMUM EFFECTIVITY:
1. Crush
2. Brand New Boyfriend

MEDIUM EFFECTIVITY
3. Tumblr/fashionable shit
4. The stuff her current boyfriend used to listen to that finally rubbed off

LOW BUT STILL EFFECTIVE
5. If her dad is cool, her dad
6. "oh i went to a really cool venue once and this was playing"

this is of course barring normal radio stuff which is unavoidable

"I only like technical/prog/djent"

"This music isn't politically aware"

"fuck liberal music, why isn't it just preaching varg vikernes quotes to me"

"this music isn't alpha enough"

>friend constantly dismiss the concept of genres and state that they just like "good music"

This

nobody does this the fuck are you talking about?

They don't sound half bad but holy fuck their gimmick is terrible.
Ghost doesn't even try this hard

white stoners who listen solely to bob marley when high is definitely a thing, it IS good music though thankfully.

t. male feminist

ITT: virgin neckbeards lament the fact that not everyone finds their music on a bolivian pillow crafting board

>djent
>varg
>alpha
why do you only hang out with other Sup Forums posters

>go over to friends house
>shows me every single ylvis video

People who openly lamented Lemmy but didn't give a shit about Bowie.

in general people who obsessively bring politics into music are fucking annoying, left or right

yeah, nobody likes the racist faggot who only listens to /metal/
why do you think he always gets stabbed at every show?

Her dad taught her well

yeah I agree.

nope lol, genuinely don't know anybody who does this. most girls with boyfriends just go along liking the same music they usually like unless they're also interested in music. plenty of girls aren't even into music but are into literature for example and yet their boyfriends don't become book nerds. people just have their interests in general, and it's often not music.

What if i think both fucking sucks?

RYM posers who listen to the same avant shit they don't understand as other RYM posers yet think they're unique

then be thankful you'll never know this feel

Women

>people who put on top 40 radio on loud speakers when they want to listen to music

fuck you

motherfuckers who get all their music taste from this website instead of trying to find music by their own goddamn means

people who don't think this is AOTY

I pick and choose. It's a music board stop being a whiny little bitch.

I listened to Rap and Post-Hardcore exclusively before I came here. Now it's probably even worse.

Actually, the worst type of music listener are the ones who ask you to put on something but then immediately dismiss it and put on their shit before your stuff is done.
Doesn't even matter if yours was legit shit and theirs was much better, it's insanely rude.

People that judge you as a personality because of the music you listen to and assume they are smarter because they listen to obscure garage door noises

Yet they never listen to recs. What gives?
If we just make a Sup Forumscore chart of completely randomly chosen tracks and spread it around, will they get memed to hell too?

>I.E some of my friends are like this
>TFW all they listen to is shit like Oasis

>put album
>push play
>at the exact same moment they jank the aux cord and put daftpunk

you should get out more man
if you made the list and then just asserted it with confidence like it was allready some hype shit around here before you made it would probably work

>Put on The Smiths thinking people would like it
>One minute into the song guy pulls the aux cord and plays Downtown trying to start a sing-along
>It doesn't start

Fuck you Mark The Smiths are great

this was my roommate. he would sit in his bed for hours scrolling thru social media while playing trendy hip hop on his phone speakers

Sorry for small image

i'm glad i quickly grew out of this chuuni phase t b h

guilty

getting recs from here fits your qualification of finding music by their own means, though.

>at party
>bohemian rhapsody or don't stop believing comes on

>>at party

What qualifies as "finding" music?

>goes to RYM once

>he skips and sits at home browsing Sup Forums instead
This is very likely tied to the reason why you have no friends.

What a genius insight I would never have thought of that on my own.

basically what im telling you is that if you took the time to invent the future of this board you could pretty easily manifest it and i think you should

Well, I did manage to make people appreciate Going Blank Again, at least. Took a couple years of samefagging though.

every fucking time
i've learned to ignore it

its just a matter of how you assert it you dont really have to samefag just show it to them not in a position of like you trying to sell them something but from a position of you like giving them something badass that you only would even think of giving but too the privileged few and they will just eat it up see troutmask replica

>Friend wants to listen to your music
>Currently have Bjork on shuffle
>Isobel is playing
>Laughs hysterically at Bjork's voice
>Goes around showing people it and laughing madly like bitch don't take my fucking phone and I don't want aids from everyones earwax
>Begs me to play it every time I'm around her so she can laugh at it
>Going out with a very good friend of mine so I can't avoid her

ironically asking me why I'm gay is one of the most common things I hear from her.

I just had one boyfriend long ago, I influenced a lot his taste in music (my taste was kinda shitty but his taste was way worse). I don't have brothers and my dad taste is shitty as well. I don't have a crush either and never had interest in using tumblr.

Generalizations are the worst, m8. This stupid "woman can't appreciate music like man" meme have to stop.

you are welcome

What is funny about Bjork's voice exactly?

why r u gay tho

>shuffle
You deserve it.