Does Sup Forums repair xeir own electronics?

Does Sup Forums repair xeir own electronics?

Attached: USB soldering iron at 120 volts.jpg (1279x719, 271K)

MFW Sup Forums doesn't solder cpus

>not using solder for thermal paste

I repair my cars electronic wires n shit

I male my own cpu using pcb and sand

Attached: 0eggs.webm (626x360, 2.72M)

I try as I'm poor like in "can't afford to buy another" poor

>mfw an American says tries to say solder

Attached: 1395821558564.jpg (500x500, 48K)

how does he get out of there??

eeermm... Sup Forums is allergic to fixes... that's why everyone goes at /dyi/
Sup Forums is for speccy threads, rice threads, intel shill-threads, buy thinkpad threads, watch threads, which distro should I use threads....
you know... all those high tech staff that noone understands.
"Wow Sup Forums, look my XXXXx unlocked cpu, muh technology"

>how does he get out of there??
He has to cook his way out. If no one buys then he's in there forever.
Not as funny as hearing a foreigner trying to say the word say "aluminium".

Don't Americans say aluminium as ''ar-looo-mee-nam''?

Why should he?

Americans say "aluminium", and foreigners have an intelligible stroke while attempting to.

We pronounce it the correct way
a-lu-min-um

Why do Americans always moo?

>Why should he?
Yea... maybe he did it to keep everyone else out.

No, you just use a simplified spelling. It's understandable. I've seen American handwriting, so it is obvious you aren't the brightest people.

Because we're a farming country

Are you? I thought you just genetically engineered all of your food. A nation of men raised on synthetic food.

Invented electricity
Invented freedom
Best weapons
Trump
I'm, I think we're pretty smarter than most

Correct
Monsanto is not an evil Corp

>Invented electricity

Attached: 1395821234677.jpg (253x253, 14K)

>best weapons
Swiss want a word with you

foreigners be like: haloo-men-na-ni-inum-namum

>Invented electricity
lol
>Invented freedom
What? Freedom to serve Israel?
>Best weapons
HAHAHAHA
>Trump
A good goy who serves the Jew
>I'm, I think we're pretty smarter than most
Your test scores would place you around third world countries.

chocolate is a weapon

Aside from replacing phone and laptop's displays(basically Lego-tier repairs) soldered my headphone cable(even though it's replaceable) and laptop's charging port, nothing complex.

Attached: IMG_20180317_170543.jpg (3456x4608, 2.08M)

>be like

Attached: 1510104586183.png (200x164, 44K)

Ok Pic related is pretty good

Attached: sa16795xavtx1000.jpg (1000x1000, 162K)

Are you a Nazi?
Because you sound like a Nazi?
I hope you payed your TV license user

>Your test scores would place you around third world countries.
My test scores were top 1% internationally though, but my attendance, and attitude where abysmal.

It was joke for you, you madmen.

>Are you a Nazi?
>Because you sound like a Nazi?
Americans.
>I hope you payed your TV license user
What?
Let me guess, smart but lazy?
Except you used retarded ebonics.

Ancient Egyptians had galvanic elements. Kangz and teslas and shiet.

>Let me guess, smart but lazy?
Smart, but easily absorbed in my interests while studying. I also embraced cockyness in my adolescence, so I pretty much was a little shit to deal with.

Ok, big guy.

>Except you used retarded ebonics.
Apologies. I grew up with def comedy jam, so I have a habit of emulating funny black people whenever I attempt humor.

I be like "4 u".

Don't worry, you must fit right in in America.

>Don't worry, you must fit right in in America.
Well I don't feel like anyone is judging me while I eat gold foil covered pizza.

The Gayest™
Designed in America
Manufactured in China

Attached: american-flag-made-in-china.jpg (283x213, 10K)

You seem angry. Maybe I can have Papa send your village a well.

No thank you, we don't have a shortage of basic needs here, not every country is like the United Shits of Ass.

>No thank you, we don't have a shortage of basic needs here, not every country is like the United Shits of Ass.
That's just one of the advantages of doing business with America. You should be thanking us that your economy is prospering enough that you currently do not have to worry about dysentery.

I know you're baiting us out right now, but without the Useless Shits of Ass, the world would objectively be a better place. The Useless Shits of Ass claim to be heroes of war while those wars didn't take place on their land. The Useless Shits of Ass destroy weak sandnigger countries and proclaim victory. The Useless Shits of Ass have started more wars in other parts of the world than they've won on their own land. You're a European colony gone feral.

You're confusing the words objectively, and subjectively. Also currently without the United States of America's buying power your country would not have anything worthwhile to sell, and no customers. You might hate Americans, and the American way, but you are currently enjoying the fruits of it, and to say that you are beyond it's grasps would be admitting that you are unaware of your surroundings.
You can love it, or hate, but you are a part of it. How does our freedom taste to you... oh that's nice... seems very aladeen.

>You're confusing the words objectively, and subjectively.
You're confusing your fantasies with reality.

Yes. Makes me wonder how normies pay for their broken shit desu.

Attached: 1491319457957.jpg (702x562, 61K)

How do I repair xy own electronics?

I fiddle around a bit with soldering to make some shit but I don't know how to actually formally do anything proper with it.

same.
though, is it worth it? I prefer to buy cheap stuff and be really careful with them, sometimes repairing shit costs half of what a new product would cost, so there is no point

>reflowing a ground wire on good headphones is expensive
>changing a capacitor or two is expensive
Really nigga?

I would, but then I would have to buy all my equipment from china and I don't like giving gooks my USD.

I doubt you can afford a good weller station or two.

key word:
>sometimes
I do fix headphones and other simple stuff, sometimes.

Struggling to think of an example

Americans pronounce it a-loo-mi-num despite the periodic table having it as aluminium. Standardisation means nothing to these people.

Correct for blacks and other brown skinned minorities and we're around the top.

I definitely try.

yes

>mfw americans say bologna

Lel. I'm American
"Buh-loh-nee"
have your giggle friend.

what makes you think it's pronounced that way? i'm genuinely curious what goes on in the mind of the american.

How the fuck do you go from Bologna to that?

Attached: 1497258261100.jpg (945x945, 180K)

So 56% of your country is doing well?

I'd like to have a crack repairing this TV, the capacitors look good, so I could swap the mainboard and see if that fixes it

Attached: 2018-03-02 18.18.01.jpg (2592x1944, 2.07M)

>Takbir!

t. Muhammad Omar, Clockmaker of Mecca

>what makes you think it's pronounced that way?
Other Americans pronounce it this way, so it's currently the only right way that matters. Pretty fucked up right, anyhoo I'm off to navigate the gooey on my computer to watch some Japanese cartoons. Enjoy the rest of your day m8/lad/chum, or whatever have you.

I can't really solder because my hands shake like i have Parkinsons, but I do replace failing components if it's something modular that I can replace without soldering. I've repaired laptops, computers, and 1 or 2 game consoles.

Your T-con board is fucked.

Yeah, actually.

is there an app for that?

so not the mainboard then?

I'll have a google and see if the tcon is replaceable, thanks

i do. around christmas i did the screen on my surface pro 3 by myself, 3 months almost later and the edge gaps and alignment still look factory perfect, and it doesnt creak or move wherever i touch it. i'm quite pleased with myself

Attached: IMG_20171226_212026.jpg (3968x2976, 1.94M)

finished product

Attached: IMG_20171228_132856.jpg (3968x2976, 2.15M)

No, I just buy new whatever got broken. Repairing it costs more than rebuying it.

>honda
What you drive?

>t. aliexpress cheapscate
Define 'did'. I've a laptop screen whose screen outputs weird shit when the t-con board is moved. How do I reseat flat flex cables or find out if it isn't a component problem?

the only thing i have that dies at random is headphones

i live near koss and they have lifetime warranties, so i just take it to them for instant replacement

You were involved in none of those things. You do, however, pronounce a common word incorrectly. So that’s minus one point for basic linguistic mistakes, minus one point for tribalistic group-think, and no points in the positive. You’re at -2 here, dude.

>he doesn't have an autorange multimeter

Attached: 1503594097352.jpg (650x649, 47K)

Attached: WIN_20170723_17_11_32_Pro.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

aluminum - aluminium, I don't really care, but
I'm always confused when America-nim puts silicone in their bodies to get fake tits
and then they talk about silicon computer chips when they are in fact talking about silicium

Attached: 1505037353510.jpg (500x341, 67K)

You are a guy.

its not a pronounciation thing, aluminum is the name of the element.
The right to name shit falls solely to the person who discovers it. The guy who found aluminum in alum rocks and realized that you can refine it to pure aluminum named it "aluminum". He fiddled with the idea of naming it "aluminium" before his death, but ultimately settled on "aluminum".
Therefore, "aluminum" is the correct spelling and pronunciation. Its just bong arrogance that tricked everyone into calling it by a name that they feel fits other elements.

You could argue that ending in "ium" is better and more fitting, and I may agree with you. But facts are facts, and our society and laws say that naming shit is the god given right of the guy who discovered it, and the guy who discovered it has spoken.

>not using a MAPP gas torch to directly melt a lump of bismuth onto your CPU, then quickly placing the heatsink before it cools

>not contracting intel to fabricate a custom dye that ties directly into a liquid nitrogen cooling system

Silicone for cones, silicon for cons.

Shit I just got doxxed?

even worse, I assumed your gender D:

The touch was dead from glass being cracked, I pried the glass/lcd assembly off with heat and cleaned all the glue and reapplied 3m adhesive. Been fine since

Attached: IMG_20171227_004042.jpg (3968x2976, 2.02M)

Flex's are pretty easy to disconnect and reconnect I've had a lot of iphone problems get fixed by disconnecting everything and firmly reconnecting

Attached: IMG_20171223_152407.jpg (3968x2976, 2.21M)

any hope fot this?

it still works fine..just the busted screen makes is slightly difficult to see what you;re trying to do.. I use it strictly for music playback in the car as its deactivated .

i had the glove-box on the floor in the back seat behind the driver's seat while doing some AC work under the dash which was delayed ..I think someone moving the seat back at some point smooshed the phone which was in the glove-box.

I am thinking trying to bend the phone back toward flat would probably snap it.. what would Sup Forums do?

Attached: IMG_0291.jpg (480x640, 86K)

Bought Ni-Cd batteries to repair my own Commodore SR4190R calculator and shell/screen for Gameboy DMG

will soon arrive from the ching chong land, hopefully

Attached: 1521278125456.jpg (1280x960, 143K)

story for Sup Forums, believe me or not
>working as apprentice in computer/phone repair shop
>be mostly up front because owner of shop doesn't want to take chances with giving me anything worthwhile or possibly cruicable
>woman comes in with computer case and RAM
>"I need someone to install RAM for me"
>I start chuckling
>"wait just a second"
>ask owner wtf to do because she is obviously mentally handicapped
>he comes in on upfront
>"it will be finished in 30 minutes, come back around that time"
>after she goes out the shop he opens the case and puts the RAM in the slot
>puts PC aside
>goes back by his business
>she comes back
>he charges her 30$