Recent pickups/Vinyl/CD/Cassette General

Just picked up these guys, don't ask how much I payed for TBK. That's like the only time I'm willing to shill out that much for a record. Triple LP though

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HGY9ihl4Fh4
youtube.com/watch?v=Yb2-VvF_aJI
youtube.com/watch?v=8mJfaTew2Mg
discogs.com/Sun-Kil-Moon-Ghosts-Of-The-Great-Highway/release/502263
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Came in today signed by Dax Riggs. Too lazy to post my copy.

you shouldn't support fake left wing politicians.

What's the middle one?

I loved Acid Bath, I'll have to check this out.

It's nowhere near the sound as Acid Bath, alot of Dax's solo work is mostly folk/rock music, or as he describes it as "folk metal".

Agents of Oblivion is cool too.

youtube.com/watch?v=HGY9ihl4Fh4

youtube.com/watch?v=Yb2-VvF_aJI

>buying digital music
What's the point? Just use any streaming service ever

On pic because lazy, recent used vinyl pickups:

Tears for Fears - Songs from the big chair
Tears for Fears - The Hurting
AC/DC - Back in Black
Def Leppard - On through the night
Genesis - Invisbile Touch
Bon Iver - Bon Iver
Depeche Mode - Some Great Reward

Paid about $60

*no not on, fucking autocorrect

When I own physical copies of music I like, it releases endorphins in my brain

Six-disc box set with 120-page book. Some of the material is so obscure that seven songs are by unidentified artists, found as unmarked tapes in Sun's archives.

youtube.com/watch?v=8mJfaTew2Mg

Also just ordered something that's been on my wantlist for a few years, a split 10" EP of Tiny Tim and GG Allin.

>Invisible Touch

Not one of favourites by Genesis, but I can never find it on vinyl. I normally see Foxtrot all the way to Abacab. Found Three Sides Live and S/T in near mint at a flea market recently.

Boards Of Canada - Twoism repress

I've seen it so many times around here and passed on it, but I ran across a mint copy for $3 and grabbed it. Just picked up Duke, Abacab, and S/T recently as well.

Atmoshit and reggae

>Just picked up these guys, don't ask how much I payed for TBK
wow you're a fullfledged wana-be music buff. Shit taste and no style.

jk. I hope you enjoy those, man.

my cd's

>Twoism
nice

i need more CAN LPs

I have tago mago but eventually I have their first 6 albums, especially the trilogy

Oh man, this thread.

Sup Forums really is just a Subreddit at this point, isn't it? Holy fuck.

nigga why do you have the bootleg Bergtatt when the official just came out

But it's the official you nigger

The bootlegs have the album art similar to the CD, notice the difference

nigga yours looks purple as fuck idk my bad

and i liked the original logo better :^(

wew thanks for the ride

TBK isn't even expensive you cuck

You got ripped off bud.

I don't remember this Sunn O))) album

Who /fusion/ here

30 bucks for a record is expensive, "cuck"

lol not even. especially considering its a 3xLP
Try paying 280 bucks for a 2xLP
discogs.com/Sun-Kil-Moon-Ghosts-Of-The-Great-Highway/release/502263

these came from amazon today

Managed to get the Pet Sounds reissue early because I have a friend who works in a record store

Off The Wall sounds fucking amazing such a well produced record

Cocteau Twins just because

Mac Demarco record is the RSD release

I just bought this for $4

dang this board is really big on ween now
cool

posted this in the other thread. not a recent pickup but just some accumulated music stuff
>inb4 >cds

nice can. that album is underrated

interesting combo haha i like pretty much everything there except mesarthim. it always sounded cheesy to me. the physical copy looks pretty though

I will never ever understand why people buy CDs. Records I get. Even cassettes. But a CD is literally the same digital files that you can get online.

15 bucks used

>discogs.com/Sun-Kil-Moon-Ghosts-Of-The-Great-Highway/release/502263
One of these things is not like the other

you obviously don't buy music for better quality if you also buy tapes.

i just buy music because i like collecting it, and cd's are usually the cheapest option. i don't really care about format. i mostly just listen to music on my computer anyways

Seriously? $20 is like standard for new records. A super common used record like that shouldn't be $15. Sounds like you got bamboozled.

... and no one buys records for the quality. You buy records for their aesthetic and personal value. Cassettes are generally used by diy, super low-budget bands. it's a political statement, in a way.

so you buy records for aesthetic and personal value, but you don't understand people who buy cds for the same reason?

13th Floor Elevators - Easter Everywhere
Joe Pesci - Vincent LaGuardia Gambini Sings Just For You (based bargain bin)
Pixies - Come on Pilgrim
R.E.M. - Eponymous

Ok what is the album with the hoverboard on the cover? Literally one of the worst album covers I've seen, but it's got my interest

babyfather

thats a real solid collection senpai

Is it actually good or is it some new meme

No, because CDs are just a less convenient way of playing digital music files. And those files are 100% the same whether they're on a CD, flash drive, the cloud, whatever. So why opt for one of the least convenient method of storing that digital information?

At least with a record you have a physical object that is yours and yours alone. Every record has its own quirks that remind you that you/re interacting with a physical manifestation of the music you love.

personally, i don't like it at all, but it's worth a shot if you're into dean blunt or avant garde in general

Don't have a photo, but I just got a CD of Klark Kent's Kollected Works, paid way too much and would do it again.

>At least with a record you have a physical object that is yours and yours alone
what? i don't understand that philosophy at all, and it sounds like you barely do either.

like i said, i only buy music to collect physical versions of the music that i listen to. idc if it's the same files as the ones i have on my computer. i can hold it in my hand and read the liner notes and play it in my car.

Posted my new cassettes in a thread last night, but I'm posting it here again

Cool Tapes

>$20 is like standard for new records.
FUCKING AMERICANS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

confirming $30 is not expensive, but both of you have shit taste frankly

nice

$30 is objectively expensive compared to the standard $20.99 a new record is. And damn you insulted my taste, I'm hurt tbqh

how does your heaven or las vegas lp sound?
I got one recently and it kinda sounds like shit, not sure what issue it is tho

I can never find ANY Cocteau Twins, CD or vinyl

I'm mirin

Sorry I only buy books. I can just download my music.

Problem Solved *Thumb up

bumpity

Yeah I have Soundtracks on vinyl, and Future Days on CD. Tago Mago is next for sure

I bought Songs About Leaving and You Should Be At Home Here on Discogs, but the seller sent me Ugly But Honest instead of You Should Be At Home Here. So they said to keep Ugly But Honest and sent the other for free. Free record boys wew

Crystal Castles-II
The Cure-Entreat
Herbie Hancock- Head Hunters
John Coltrane- The Complete 1961 Village Vanguard recordings
Miles Davis- Someday my prince will come
Prince- Sign O the times