Imagine being Mozilla in 2018

Attached: Udklip.png (819x369, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techcrunch.com/2017/12/15/mozillas-mr-robot-promo-backfires-after-it-installs-firefox-extension-without-permission/
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=366559#c147
abc.net.au/news/2017-06-30/bilnd-recruitment-trial-to-improve-gender-equality-failing-study/8664888
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

next thing, they will do is checking whether their user-base of firefox fits diversity.

Imagine being Sup Forums in 2018
Imagine being a sjw in 2018

Both sides are pathetic cry babbies

>caring about politics whatsoever
Until Firefox starts shelling me with unblockable diversity ads and bloat, I dont give a fuck what any of you say. The browser just works

Whys that bad? Studies show women are better programmers.

Do you feel threatened by the fact that women are better than men?

Who gives a fuck about SJWzilla.
Use Waterfox.

No. She is the aggressor. Not caring and not fighting back makes you the faggot who should be embarrassed

Actually, this is a brilliant move by Mozilla. SJWs both inside the company and outside has probably called for more action from the company. And they've basically gone with a solution that allows them to say "yeah, we want to reduce bias" and then actually don't do shit in reality (because how can you be racist in code).

1. Don't use your real name on github and on the internet in general
2. Don't talk about personal bullshit on a fucking code hosting website
3. ???
4. Unbiased code reviews

hard to do when they got github avatars like pic related

Attached: gh.jpg (432x575, 65K)

lol they menstrate and make half our salary. heck no!

>fuck sjws
>use a slower browser
Kek

They'll start deliberately slowing down the browser based on your privilege.

>she
>fearing women in any their any forms
This makes you an actual faggot.

Attached: Dank_bef454_6436535.png (1200x993, 226K)

This
Its retards on both ends of the spectrum that push there political bullshit that need to fucking stop.

"look at me, i'm the intelligent here"

Switched over to Vivaldi, uninstalled Firefox. Feels good man.

>not pushing an agenda means your dumb
You wut?

Just remove all names and avatars and shit when you do code reviews. There, problem solved.

It was an sjw typo

Attached: 1492404617719.jpg (879x657, 58K)

Too bad, that they don't code. ;)

Realizing that Sup Forums and sjws are equal shit does not make you a nihilist. Fucking retard.

Attached: 1353229631191.png (900x900, 45K)

Yeah, about that. Did you know that's been tried many times? Unfortunately for our diversity initiatives, every time we do it the FUCKING WHITE MALES rise to the top.

>bloat
Too late.

i hope you don't mean that github "study"

Radicals are so fuckin mad that reality cant be boiled down to their 1 dimensional beliefs.
What is it like to choose to be low iq?

> My worldview is crap and i need to defend my ego by ridiculing those that don't buy into it.

Attached: 1245679035737.gif (400x400, 2K)

techcrunch.com/2017/12/15/mozillas-mr-robot-promo-backfires-after-it-installs-firefox-extension-without-permission/

Enjoy your universal backdoor. Then again I'm sure you enjoy people entering your backdoor without permission.

Not him but none of my settings have ever changed without my doing for years. Probably because I take the time to configure it properly. Sucks that opt-in has become the defaut but if it helps a FOSS project than I don't mind as much. Again, firefox gives you the option to disable everything.

this could be a good thing,
it would probably end up being harsher on female or minority coders.

looks like you've gone and taken the bait my good man

I don't see anything wrong with it. The code should be reviewed entirely by itself. Disconnected from the contributor.

it's quite sad, that best alternative to google chrome is getting wasted for political correct bullshit

They are probably going to test making them pseudo-anonymous then silently drop the whole thing once it realizes it makes womens """code""" get reviewed even worse than it does now

>corporations oppressing a group of people based on gender
>people argue this is wrong
>lol both of you are so extreme
When did "moderate" progressive become so conservative? How are you anything but an apologist for systemic oppression based on status quo bias?

Enlightened centrist

Whom is oppressing what gender?

They're stealing jobs from competent white males.

Attached: 1521236772368.png (608x846, 436K)

You almost had me

we need to combat this sort of shit by starting a company that deals in open source racism and sexism. How can we sell that shit though without a Browser for the kids to mess with?

What was the sample size, was there a control, and what variables did they measure?

That sounds like systematic white oppression and racism aka science, don't make me report you to HR

Factor in child and spousal support and women make much more than men.

I've left already, glad to make their shit browser more diverse. Qutebrowser does all I need and better.

i identify as an HR department, don't make me report you to myself

Imagine still using Firefox like a noob.

ach'n'h'es!

gr8 b8

If you think there is no bias in the code review process, shouldn't you want a experiment to prove there is none? :^)

Women are incapable of doing this though. They need you to know they're female so they can have their privileges.

Safari

Literally no one even expressed being Sup Forums or having extremist idea. You're fighting your own strawmen.

>software friendlier to african americans and women
You can't remove lines of code to please the jewish agenda of multiculturalism

>haha I don't take a position therefor I'm smart!
>you're literally Sup Forums if you oppose the corporate invasion disguised as liberals

>answering to communist agitators

Attached: jewry intensifies.webm (640x480, 1.9M)

When did social justice become a bad thing, you fucking fascist bastards?

>clearly not a programmer
>thinks the browser "just working" just happens by magic somehow
I don't think you grasp the implications of OP's pic user...

get a load of this bait

Attached: chuckles-sovietly-28179282.png (500x521, 129K)

Who is that guy dancing to Obama? Is that Owen Wilson?

the only thing they can program is the fucking dishwasher

AND YOU FUCKING NOW IT YOU HOMO

Attached: 1445636454992.gif (277x342, 1.99M)

it's taking living as a white man from easy mode to normal so they're freaking out

fuck mozilla i can only hope they push this shit even farther to the point where they eat their own and crash and burn. meritocracy is the only sensible way and last time I checked your gayhub profile and acct doesn't make you prove that you are a white hetero male. also no one grills you on your gender or what you do with your genitals on your free time when you are making a pull request. These "diversity experts" are nothing but conmen/conwomen and mentally ill that should be kept far away from real technology.

Attached: conduct_coder.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Post yfw that by scrubbing out things that can induce bias they end up accepting less cuntcode/currycode.

Attached: 1474506465801.jpg (229x343, 19K)

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=366559#c147

The code itself may not be biased/racist but the code review process probably is.

No longer will a group of five straight white men all sit in a room and rag on Pajeet for having shit code. Now they'll have to sit through longer meetings and discuss why Pajeet codes like he does and why his culture trained him that way and how can the five straight white men learn from it despite it actually being completely shit.

>have ''studies'' enabled
>surprised you were ''studied''

Attached: chaotic neutral.jpg (640x480, 64K)

CAN SOMEONE JUST RECOMMEND BE A BROWSER THAT ISNT A COMPLETE CUNT

No real problem with this. Just hide who did the commits when the code is being reviewed.

The only problem comes if the programmer can see who reviewed their code. The street has to go both ways.

You pretty much have to make your own at this point. From scratch, not with webkit.

Since its inception.

It became a bad thing when they started to care more about equality of outcome over equality of opportunity.

Like that black chick from Apple who got fired, said, there can be diversity within a group of 5 white men. Also please remind me which countries tend to be the most equal and fairest. That's right, the ones predominantly ruled by white men.

Bruce Jenner was awarded Woman of the Year. Think about that. Men are better at everything including being women.

What's the easiest language? How good are either group at it? How about HTML?

>Qutebrowser
its been shit for over 50 years. early 20th century social justice was the only thing worth a damn.

either we're all equal or we're not. this modern strain seeks to oppress in the name of equality and thats fucked

>A 2016 study of more than 50 GitHub repositories revealed that, in fact, women’s pull requests were approved more often than their male counterparts – nearly 3% more often. However, if their gender was known, female coders were .8% less likely to have their code accepted.

>What’s going on? There are two possible answers. One is that people have an unconscious bias against women who write code. If that’s the case, there’s a test you can take to find out: Do I have trouble associating women with scientific and technical roles?

>Then there is a darker interpretation: that men are acting deliberately to keep computer programming a boy’s club, rather than accepting high-quality input from women, racial minorities, transgender individuals, and economically underprivileged folks.

Attached: ~~REAL LEAKED PHOTO~~ PROOF OF OSAMA'S DEATH.jpg (239x319, 23K)

>false dilemma
The third possibility is that the study is flawed because you can't both know and not know the gender of an applicant and be the same judge.

If that were possible, the experiment would make sense, but since you're using different people judging different people's different work for the different scenarios, you're just receiving random data that's not showing anything of value except people pick the code they like.

The controls for your study don't exist/suck balls.

>forcibly restricting a race of people's access to success.
That's not how it should work, that's not going from easy to normal. Monetary incentives and legal coercion against hiring white people, so that they have to be notably more qualified than people of other origins to get a position, is definitely not 'normal' for anyone.

White people don't get legal advantages over other people, and neither should others get legal advantages over whites just because they are white.

You probably could with large enough sample size, however you would probably have to choose randomly who is pulling requests anonymously and who is using real/gendered name.

Also it would be interesting to see what would have to pull requests made by men but who are using female pseudonym.

Social Justice sounds a lot like fascism.

Communism.

woah, we all know that "studies" are just meant to justify your feelings on something, they don't even have to be carried out "correctly" based on "statistical methods" nor do they even have to exist. if you imagine that there is a study that confirms your bias, then it exists. period.

Close his dad after a MtF

wew

HIT ME

It will backfire. Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.
Source news article: abc.net.au/news/2017-06-30/bilnd-recruitment-trial-to-improve-gender-equality-failing-study/8664888

Attached: mozillas plan.jpg (1080x680, 190K)

postmodernist marxists need to be purged before they destroy everything

Firefox.

>postmodern marxists
nice buzzwords you got there son.

What are reasonable alternatives to Firefox and Thunderbird?
I'm fed up with mozilla but I like the add ons (ublock, the one that displays a popup with the kanji's reading and meaning and greasemonkey for 4chanX).
As for Thunderbird, anything else would do the trick I guess. I just use it to receive and send mails. I considered a cli email client but a fair proportion of my emails are in html format and I am quite brainlet for password encryption and settings for emails.

itt: Diversity hires for Mozilla

I believe they will find that there is some "bias" and special treatment towards women in code reviews and they will find that it heavily favors them. As an example, a local study of genders in court cases published in this country a few weeks ago showed that women get significantly less punishment for the exact same crimes compared to men. This is true in quite a few other areas too. I haven't seen any hard data or studies related to code reviews but I would be shocked if it doesn't apply there too. I basically think both men and women are less likely to harshly criticize bad code from a woman.

Yep, that's another example.

b..b..but they studied OVER 50 REPOSITORIES and found a +3/-0.8 % DIFFERENCE!!!

its le epic meme bro

Sure, and Hidden Figures wasn't historical revisionism.