/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of non-shitter horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people:
youtube.com/watch?v=JK12bK05cAA

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

>Previous thread:

Attached: Casio_f-91W_mods.jpg (625x420, 83K)

First for f-91w

Attached: F-91W.png (500x529, 70K)

AS I WAS SAYING before this anus started a new thread:

Baselworld will give us some new interesting Tudors, Rolexes and that's about it.

We may see a Tudor Sub, a new Big Block chrono and a Black Bay w/ Green bezel, and a GMT Pelagos with pepsi/coke bezels/black

Rolex will have a new Sub on Jubilee, and nothing exciting.

anything else from BaselW will be too expensive or too chintzy.

Attached: Hawkings Most Famous Equation.jpg (291x110, 4K)

Current collection.

Attached: SOTC Mar18.jpg (3767x2825, 2.11M)

CASIOFAGS ETERNALLY BTFO

>We may see a Tudor Sub
I wouldn't count on that. They're going to release a few dozen black bays like last year.

Thread was over bump limit, get the fuck out of here.

Attached: Casio_spokesperson2.jpg (1000x667, 96K)

Reminder that if you want a 36mm or less watch you might as well just buy a woman's one

i've seen this listed at anywhere between 41mm and 43mm. apparently it also has no low battery indication, it just starts to go out of time. but it looks nifty and it's under $200. should i?

Attached: 96b159_3.jpg (600x429, 138K)

let's just say I have it on great authority. I won't say anything further.

you'll see.

you're blocked.

don't bother responding, I won't be able to see it.

if you guys want to be disrespectful, I'll just block you.

>falling for the big watch meme
enjoy wasting your money following fads and having to buy all new watches in ten years goy

just stay between 36 and 41 and you'll be fine unless you're a wristlet or fat fuck

Attached: IMG_0242.jpg (3024x4032, 2.16M)

I'm confused now.

Attached: Screenshot_20180317-191821.jpg (1080x1920, 270K)

why are you confused user?

Nigga has the self awareness of a average csgo player.

What the hell happened?

Attached: mfw.jpg (400x400, 27K)

(You)

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_20180111_135550.jpg (2827x2828, 3.42M)

Excuse me, I'll have you know that 36mm watches still look fine on you if you are a fat fuck, thank you very much.

43,200 coming through

Attached: 20180317_142557-3024x4032.jpg (3024x4032, 1.54M)

How much does /wt/ agree with this statement?
>seiko's kinetic line is useless

Who's even buying that shit still?

This looks like a new model. Very early 90's.

Attached: W7401-BN.jpg (800x4338, 1001K)

.....THE
SLAVSHIT
DELUSION

what kind of piece of shit would buy slavshit? that's the question.

That has been around for awhile I believe.

Attached: Tom_Cruise.jpg (2192x972, 1.23M)

is rolex 100% swiss made
is tudor 100% swiss made

I don't get it either.

Yes
Not actually sure. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2824 in a BB36 has chinese parts.

Neckbeards

All the materials that go into a rolex where made in the sun so no

Here's another that seems like a new model.

>no pattern recognition
Low IQ poster.

Attached: ws-210.jpg (955x1500, 151K)

I was simply posting a similar model that is mine. I have seen the 100m one you posted at least a year ago on amazon.

the ultimate f91w coming through

Attached: MedvedevGWM5610_A.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

>where made in the sun so no
what

Only retards spend more than 300 USD on a watch, slavshit looks good, works good, is cheap, and is easily repairable

This watch is horrifyingly ugly but I kinda want it.

Attached: casio_prt-40.jpg (663x800, 109K)

Who the hell is this guy?

I love this watch so much.
Wish I could afford it but I can't so I think I may buy a replica.

Attached: Seamaster 300.jpg (500x500, 62K)

>slavshit looks good

Attached: 1516565346123.gif (245x200, 497K)

>a fake
Fixed that for you.

>this looks good
LOL

Attached: 4476-YM.jpg (1498x2000, 351K)

That looks equally as shit as slavshit.
Slavshit looks liek the watches you bought from a market in Mexico in the 90s.
They look unequivocally awful.

Attached: s-l500.jpg (500x500, 51K)

Opinions on watches in base colors?

Attached: g-shock_g7900.jpg (1600x1600, 215K)

Can I sell this as a stock photo?

Attached: IMG_20180317_195259__01.jpg (3456x3930, 2.85M)

depends, sometimes they can look really good but most of the time the colors are too flashy and cheap looking

Dive slav watches are ugly as sin most of the time, its like they let a child design those, luckily a bezel change can change some of them from absolute ugly to decent and acceptable.
Also when it comes to dress watches, it seems they jumped on the same "make em huge" wagon as everyone else, so I'd only consider the vintage ones to be worth.

What kind of an animal would spend less than 6k on a watch?

you Russian filth

slavshit: +/- 30 minutes per day

SAD!

36mm is the GOAT case size.

Attached: IMG_20180102_133247_451.jpg (2833x2833, 2.6M)

Not when you're buying overpriced garbage shitter watches it isn't

Nomos looks good. Why does /wt/ hate them?

I sense... jealousy and rage.

rolex presidential, $36k. 36mm.

rolex datejust 36mm, $8k

your anger belies your jealousy

>stock photo
>three brands in there

The lugs, and the way they raised their prices dramatically after becoming watch blog darlings. And the fact that they keep putting out new models that look about the same as the old ones.

A watch that cost me under £1k, yet has an in house movement, as far as I can tell no chink parts and is running at +0.1 s/d is an overpriced shitter?
2/10 as I replied.

Attached: giphy (2) (1).gif (250x187, 1.65M)

Overpriced for the simplicity of case/dial/hands finishing. Nomos' in house calibers are good, so is the thinness.

He paid thousands of dollars for something that the Chinese make for less than 200. It's hilarious honestly. Watchfags are actually more retarded than audiophiles

Dunno, they have a nu-male rep. I don't like 99% of their models styling, the Club is pretty much the only one I like.

Is there some reason I can't upload a image here?

>thousands of dollars
£780 actually
>Chinese make for less than 200
Are you really stupid enough to think that the cost of making a watch in Glasshütte is the same as in some chink sweatshop? Plus it's adjusted to 6 positions and has some QC, as evidenced by the +0.1 s/d accuracy. Good luck getting that from $200 chinkshit.

>Plus it's adjusted to 6 positions and has some QC, as evidenced by the +0.1 s/d accuracy. Good luck getting that from $200 chinkshit.
lmfao my 150 dollar korean watch is this accurate and has been so for over a year since I've had it

Which watch should I buy?

Attached: dress.png (1404x601, 1.09M)

Neither. There are better VC and JLC watches in the same price range.

Attached: tenor (2).gif (244x284, 775K)

Reverso.

You're like the retard buying a 2000 dollar DAC thinking it's actually going to perform differently or sound differently than a 50 dollar one

Reverso
What if he has looked at all the watches in that price range and decided those are what he wants?

Attached: vc2.jpg (1024x1097, 366K)

you are retarded. at least for jlc, reverso is the best model objectively. And this one is the basic version witout any complication

both of them are about 4000 pounds. There aren't many VC models in that price range except these old super small watches. But I wanted something decent that is in white gold. Cheaper old VC most of the time come in yellow gold.

the vc in my picture is around 4000 pounds. the one in your picture is literraly 5 times more expensive

Mostly because they react reflexively with rage at the hipsterish customer base.

Yes, I'm sure the price increases had nothing to do with investing over 10 million Euros into developing the ability to design and manufacture their movements from scratch including escapements.

Considering the extent of movement finishing, I don't think its reasonable to call them overpriced, even if the case/dial/hand finishing doesn't blow anyone away.

Attached: vacheron-constantin-patrimony-small-seconds-01.jpg (960x640, 94K)

you're retarded. I need a nice dress watch for work. The ones in my picture are still one months of my wage. your's is like 3-4. I asked you people to say which one would be better from my picture.

What I've gathered from these threads
>everyone is single
>everyone will remain single
>everyone is a brandwhore
>people buy overpriced watches just because it has a tacky logo on it
Quite sad honestly, this is what you would actually expect from Reddit.

no

If it's not a Rolex or some shitter hipster brand for 10k don't bother asking here, fucking nerd

40 seconds past, minute hand is dead on 9. Why are websites allowed to take such shit pictures? VC should make them take the pictures again since this is how the majority of people will get to see this watch.

Attached: 1506610021596.jpg (645x729, 46K)

sometimes when people block you, you can't upload for a bit. did anyone block you recently?

99% of watches don't have low battery indicators, I think this is a gorgeous watch.

if you like it, buy it :)

You should go to the VC website, rage at how all their pictures do the same thing, then write them an angry letter, and finally kill yourself.

>rubber not aluminium wristband
ABSOLUTELY plebian. Seriously, that shit will tear in a couple of years. Speaking from experience.

Felt like replying to you because everyone is going to ignore you like the troll you are.
>not single
>n/a
>care about the performance of the watch more than what brand (there are scores of brands that are shit so brand is a good way to filter shit watches so you may be forgiven for thinking that)
>you need to define overpriced and tacky but given you may lack watch knowledge you may only be able to to the latter
Reddit is also unironically worse in every way "I just brought a Seiko 5" "omg gorgeous" "I love it where to get it" ect ect when it's just a shitter watch.

CASIOS ARE SHIT, HONJAS. GET A SWATCH, HONJAS. SWISS STYLE. JEJ.

Get a Swatch.

Vc looks really nice, but you sad it's for work. I think the vc would be too dressy for work, so I would go for the reverso in this situation.
Plus you can play with the reverso when you get bored.

>omg like just look at my ugly overpriced diver!!!!!
>omg just like look at my other diver that looks like another diver but I paid 6k for this one!
>omg poorfags if you're not wearing a 20k watch you had to take out a loan to buy don't even reply to me, like, at all
>omg just like wow your watch is a shitter watch
>omg like if you're not wearing a 43mm watch you're a soyboy
>like srsly if you're wearing more than a slim 34mm you're a fat shitter
There just summed up the thread for now and forever.

Go with the square shitter, the left looks like 5 dollar chink garbage

>leather wristbands
Get some metal on that wrist. It's 2018.

Got a metal bracelet for my grandpa watch.

Attached: IMG_20180317_210052.jpg (2777x2473, 1.34M)

I have this one, only in better condition orangutan-kun.

Is your most expensive watch more than your monthly, post-tax wage?

Attached: 1508511150262.jpg (2383x2366, 956K)

No, they're about 10%. But I got a lot, and parts for restoration sometimes even double their cost.

Attached: IMG_20180310_131429.jpg (3264x2448, 1.39M)

Wew

Why lie though?

Even if you somehow trick yourself into pretending 43mm isn't a problem, the other problem is they look like ass in person

>WAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAH I'M A SOYBOY WITH 4 INCH WRISTS WAAAAAH
literally you

This used to be the numero uno meme watch back in the 50s-60s. Mine keeps suprisingly good time tb-h, user-tan.

No. Its about 1/3.

Fuck no lol, I save that kind of money for my house and cars and just buy sub 300 dollar watches

1/13th my monthly post tax.

Ok, go ahead and buy it then. You'll see.

About 1/8

Not yet, but I am saving up. I am going to buy a watch that's around double of my usual mounthly income.

The camera's flash blinded me almost. Had to aggressively snap a pair suns to my eyes. I like the look of that combo my man. Looking good!