/daily/ - The 400 Blows edition

It's the 400th of October.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow.

topsters.net/
>resurrected, but working (!)

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Most importantly, obtenir goût!

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10304360
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/master_musicians_of_the_ikuta_school/japanese_koto_consort__kotos__jushichigen__shamisen__shakuhachi_and_voice_f1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/p_model/scuba/
youtu.be/N-zH-kV-Fsg
youtu.be/a1GDdawym1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Posting my status in the good thread which is the first thread.
Listening to no music. Fuck you guys.

Did We seriously make it at the same time

/daily/ look at this man
Look at him. What do you see? A beautiful Boy? A fuck toy? Or a mere distracción/hassle? I'll tell you what i see. I see potential

Think about it like this. Edgy Avant Boys are, by far, the coolest kind of Boy. Can you listen to Xenaharmonicism with a normal Boy? No! Can you listen to New Complexity with a geek Boy? No! But with a dude like this, you can. You can.
>But Shamepai He is a poser! He only likes /trad/ and Onkyo!
Fucking listen you Heterosexual Adderal junkie. He is Perfect. You can convince him of liking this stuff. He can pretend to. He will adapt. Avant boys always want to be edgy, and when you teach them how to, they become Perfect Boys. Do it. Talk to that cute avant Boy. Do it now

>there are 3 /daily/ threads in the catalog right now
tripfags ruin everything

"Reviews" coming soon

here

sick OP

k

yeh

yeah but we'll use this one because

strawpoll.me/10304360

URGENT
I figure with summer here this would be doable in time for June 1rd to hit. Let me know if you'd like to do a different timezone (we have 11 to choose from after all)

>May 31th

can you even make music

bear wanna cover a musical abortions song?

Signing up
>implying there is a good /daily/ thread
I don't know, man.
Will Shamepai's posts forever be memeable like this?
Fucking tripfags
hype
I really hope I can attend.

>obtenir goût
pukingfrenchman.jpg
Anyway, time for more fusion jazz.
This one was actually pretty good. The band is starting to sound and look like something out of some obscure 80s TV series. And that is a good thing.
11 down, 52 to go

>can you even make music
Good at guitar, amateur at keyboards. I've deleted more songs on FL than I can count because they were terrible.

me

>Tfw my Brötzmann listening sessions are getting interrupted by my urges to finish the tourney
Stop
Stop
Stop
Stop
We music mode now

I sincerely apologise for memeing with the French language.

>Brötzmann
>music
captcha 420

>strawpoll.me/10304360
what is hermae
im down btw

hey guys i made a Kenji Haino pig what do you think

i think its pretty funny

haha

Gonna shower, then continue my song tourney

Let's see who wins this round
haha

Fuck y'all Peter wins my heart, expect the tourney to be delayed
>I think it's pretty funny
no
>What do you think?
Stop

>last
>dubs
>post #420

forgot my meme arrows

"Reviews" from best to worst

>NieR Gestalt OST
Realy fucking beautiful. Best vidya OST ever?? Modern devs take a note. Would be a 9 or maybe even a 10 if half the tracks weren't just another instrument's variation of the last, which gets tiresome at points.

>Midori - セカンド
Just as fun and hard-hitting as their other more popular release after this. Shit nearly "djents" at some parts I swear. Proof prog-punk could/should exist.

>Stereolab - Dots and Loops
Mellow lounge music. Really enjoy this girls voice and their obvious Can influence. Not a lot happens instrumentally but the progression is tangible. A bit less exciting/variable than its predecessor.

>Tom Waits - Alice
Kicks just as much ass as Mule Variations and almost as much as Blood Money. This dude has been making good late career albums longer than anyone I can think of.

>Ground-Zero - Consume Red
Loved Ver.128 so I thought I'd love this. And while the later half was awesome, the first 20 minutes or so are pretty boring experimentation, though I really like what it led up to.

>This Heat Peel Sessions
I wish this were more potent or aggressive, but it was just alright. Nothing really interesting here, honestly.

>The Congos - Heart of the Congos
WARNING: FALSE ADVERTISING: This is just an okay reggae album, NOT radical congo jams. I liked what I got, but just a little.

>Timber Timbre - Creep On Creepin' On
I liked the blues/americana influence, but really thought the "creepy" factor was overrated and not as tangible for me.

>Gato Barbieri - Fenix
Loved the Third World, but this was some really uneventful Latin Jazz. If you're a jazzfriend, try the Third World and skip over this shlock.

starting my punk list now, reviews should come quick

YO
good pig
8.32/10

shit almost forgot

>Michel Chion - Requiem
It's fucking nothing

This was last btw

I'm not a pig expert, but that pig is pretty quality.

Listen to Lowercase next, it's great.

"review" car seat headhead next, i wanna hear yr think about it

>okay reggae album
so wrong, so very, very wrong

pretty excited to see if we can make that musical abortions tribute, will see what happens tomorrow. for now im going to listen to jim orourke and go to sleep

try not to shitpost too much

literally backwards honestly

I REALLY like this image. Mind if I save it?

And this time, the cover is pretty bad.
12 down, 51 to go.

give me your favorite album with less that 50 RYM ratings and I will listen to it. but first, let me give you mine: Swimming Back to Shore by Bunkbed.

>filthy rockist can't into pear chess

Hans Krusi - Ex HK

It was the first album we did a listen along to in /daily/. Also sweet!

Is now a bad time to say I haven't listened to it yet?

Miranda July - The Binet-Simon Test

first 7" is review !

nice handwriting
nice score
nice pige

Harvester - Hemat

Honestly these albums are starting to feel like a chore.
Our fav group of Scandinavian jammers is back with exactly the same thing as the last two albums of their's I listened to.
I have quite a high tolerance for aimless jamming but I'm already getting worn down by this. I had high expectations for this group after hearing the praise and the description of the music but so far it's all just been slightly kraut-y jam band stuff.
Like the other releases there are only a handful of tracks that develop, or go anywhere, or do anything really that interesting.
60% of the album is
>jam fades in
>jam putters around for 5 min
>jam crescendos
>jam ends
that part of the album is extremely dull.
Fortunately there are a few saving graces near the end that actually seem like (mostly) fully fleshed out songs. Still nothing spectacular, but at least decent for what it is.

~

Alan Lee Jazz Quartet - Gallery Concerts 1973

Alright, you wanna play this game? Let's play this game, you moon-dwelling non-atlantian fuck.
Wanna know why the Soundgraphy is not a good compiliation? Wanna know why it doesn't come close to Mint Jams?
the compiliation opens with two very funk-influenced tracks released just the year prior (1983) thius setting a certain sandard in dynamics and aesthetic that is the not met as the compiliation moves on to basically recreate the trackflow of Casiopea's live shows (as documented by earlier album Thunder Live whic hdid give you some insight in the band's showbuilding and overall movement for live performances) and most importantly stys in the overall mellow and toned-down mood of the cross Point to Jive Jive era Casipoea, thus creating a major breaking point within the compiliation that breaks any potential flow that a gathering of songs could and should have. Any sense of movement created by the music is broken here, and the compiliation does not follow any sort of historical flow, nor does it recreate the evolution of the band's sound.
Now get out of there and do not talk to me ever again.

what the fuck bear

listen to it now and post live reactions

I haven't listened to musical abortions either....

don't even know what it sounds like

k thanks.
loud and messy

Who /sitsandstaresblankly/ here? I hardly ever react to music alone

Understandable Consume Red rating.
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/master_musicians_of_the_ikuta_school/japanese_koto_consort__kotos__jushichigen__shamisen__shakuhachi_and_voice_f1/
But you're not alone! You're with us!

next one is revoo

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/p_model/scuba/

well, topsters is dead forever, and the topsters 2 collage functionality is fucking up, so it looks like the "adding more albums to this" meme stops here

and I'M FISH, I'll save you some trouble by saying I finally listened to 98.12.28 男達の別れ earlier today and absolutely loved it, the Long Season performance made me cream in my pants a lil

>TFW I have no idea what is essential to listen to

Suggest underground essential core pls

>spoonfeed me pls
no thanks, jerk

>The Azuma Kabuki Musicians - Nagauta Music and Original Music and Arangements From Older Classics
>Nagauta, Japanese Folk Music

This is really cool. Really nice shamisen playing, and the vocals having a really cool mystic feel to them - I wish I knew what kind of stories were being told. On top of that, this has some really cool shamisen playing, which is an instrument I always wanted to look into more.

Worth listening to for the YOOOOOOOOs alone.

Has it ever not been time for fusion jazz?
Matsuri-Bay Ashi and After School are pretty fun tunes.
13 down, 50 more to go.

>mentioned the shamisen twice

Oops.

#3 review
next album is labeled 45rpm but is clearly 33
sounded like chipmunk thrash
still kinda does desu

Good Morning /daily/!

I might spend my pre-work time on tagging the Paris live show while listening to something else.

co: Black Tambourine - Throw Aggi Off The Bridge

This is the kinda thing I wish could've won because it's cute twee but damn it Dogwander had to rec something better. I still really enjoyed this though. Fun, catchy and most importantly twee as fuck tune.

Dogwander: Jonny Greenwood - Loop

Wew Dog. Your recs so far have been beautiful. Great guitar from Jonny and excellent strings. My issue with it is that I found it cliche sometimes. Despite the cliches, it was very nice.

oneothe!RA: Kill Bill - RPG (Feat. Rav)

The production here was comfy. Production on Kill Bill's stuff is usually comfy. However, I did not like the rapping that much here. The lyrics were a bit too nerdcore for me and compared to his other stuff they weren't as good. Also, for some reason Kill Bill's voice and delivery didn't wasn't as enjoyable to me this time. Rav's voice always sounds cool though and it certainly was here. However, I still preferred this to Letov's rec.

Letov: Judee Sill - Jesus was a Crossmaker

This was kinda pleasant. I liked her voice, the piano had its moments and I thought the inclusion of strings was nice. My problem with this is that it struck me as cheesy. I've said before, cheese can be fun but this is not the kind of cheese I like much. At least it was tolerable.

FINAL ROUND:

Rules are the same as the first round but there are 2 new restrictions.

1) Song must be over 5 minutes long (but below 20)
2) Song must be at least a 9 in your book

Need recs from:

Dogwander
oneothe!RA

Damn, that's, like, my favorite corny Christianity song.

Yeah sorry it just wasn't really my thing. I do like my corn or cheese from time to time but they're not always my cup of tea.

Richard Buckner - Bloomed (1994)
>americana, alt-country

Hey, it's another pleasant but unmemorable country album, what a big fuckin' surprise. I do have to say, his voice is amazing. On the opening track, the way he sings the lyric "III FORGET SOMETIIIMES" is nothing short of wonderful, and his vocals stay consistently great throughout the entire album. But other then that, there's nothing here to write home about. Exceedingly pleasant and well done, but unmemorable.

>Reatarded. It's just modern shite indie rock with an undercut.
pardon me

>Nothing really interesting here, honestly.
what are you doing

>It's fucking nothing
GET TASTE

youtu.be/N-zH-kV-Fsg

Oh fuck I'm finally gonna hear something from Daikanjyo. Added.

>Beaten by a meme rec

Brutal.

Which rec are ya referrin' to

All of them ;^)

youtu.be/a1GDdawym1U
only slightly over 5 minutes, but this is probably my favorite part of the hexalogy

all of my recs have been hip-hop why

Rip

I can't wait

EST

Hot

Wow, that's rude. Literally just asking for recs you flaming faggot
Kill yourself.
Anyways I am listening to this right now.
Pretty fucking sad 2bh

True.
Added.
>all of my recs have been hip-hop why
I dunno, man. Maybe it's because it's your favorite genre or something. That'd be a weird reason though. It's not like someone would pick music to rec from their favorite genre.

:^)

Next 7"!
this one is 2hardcore4me
lots of fun subtleties in my pics btw :)

What has been the best tournament so far?

In what way?

fish i trusted you with our mutual love of blind willie johnson and minor threat and you let me down

Morgen - Morgen (1969)
>psychedelic rock, garage rock, heavy psych

Pretty cool heavy psych album, but I'm probably only saying that because I love the genre as a whole. But compared to the other titans of the genre (literally just Flower Travellin' Band), they just seem amateur. Endearingly amateur, but there's just something missing here. Mainly the fact that the actual instrumentals sound like absolute garbage and the vocals are pushed /waaaaaay/ to the front of the mix. This might actually be a solid 3.0 if it was mixed properly, but as is it's just a missed opportunity, and a kinda generic missed opportunity at that.

2.5-

Japan - Gentlemen Take Polaroids (1980)
>art pop, new wave, new romantic

Kinda irritatingly smooth and derivative at times, but it goes down easily. I don't care for David Sylvian's voice though, it's very over-affected. But the instrumentals are tight as hell, pulsing, bass-driven synth beats. And of course there's the beatiful "Nightporter", which actually kinda retroactively makes the rest of the album worse, but whatever.

2.5+

In any way. Most original, most competitive recs, best scope, best memes, etc.

This one was DOPE.
super cool instrumentals, funky bass.
4.0-
Probably only do 2 more tonight, is anyone enjoying these?

I might check out whatever you decide is worth listening to.

I am definitely enjoying the pigs.

Wow, fun change of pace here.
This one is like some satan-summoning sludge metal with a healthy mix of screams and pig growls.
There's some nice instrumentation at times but it just feels too gimmicky and predictable.
"one bar screeeeeamed, one bar howwwllled" x100
2.0 for making me think of pigs.

Dogwander: Shoji Aketagawa, Kan Mikami & Toshiaki Ishizuka - Takashi to Kitauonuma no Ryojo

So this came from an album generally well liked and memed on by the /daily/ community. It makes perfect sense. Where do I start? Let's go with the piano first. That was some fine ass piano right there. The riffs being played by it are absolutely lovely. The way it builds up and uses repetition as the song goes on is wonderful and it kinda reminds me of Keith Jarrett's playing on The Koln Concert and I love The Koln Concert so this was definitely great. Then there are the vocals. Emotional stuff. Based on this song, Mikami's voice is not the best in the world but boy you can really feel him when he sings. I wish I knew what he was saying so I could really get why he's singing like that. Now for the drums. The drums on this were pretty simple. This is not necessarily a bad thing though. The pattern that the drum repeated throughout the song worked very well with it in my opinion and despite being repetitive it never got tiring to hear. Finally, we've got the guitar. Honestly, the guitar wasn't too great here. It was definitely good but compared to the other instruments it didn't quite stand out. Nothing wrong with this though. Basically, I really loved that piano, the singing was bloody intense, nice drums, good guitar and this was an excellent track. Also, this is considered to be free improv right? The fact that this was improvised is pretty damn cool in my opinion. Loved this. Congratulations, Dogwander!

oneothe!RA: Nujabes - Luv(sic) Part 4 (feat. Shing02)

Though this didn't win, I think this is also a great song. Loved how comfy the production is. Lyrics gave >le feel when no gf so of course I ended up liking them too. I think the thing I like the most about this song is that it really reminds me of being in Japan which is great.

Will post song making details in a while.

Yay!

Yo, this one is super cool, my favourite so far.
Not sure how to describe it even, it's just good 90's alt rock with a punk edge. Fun, catchy and groovy could all be used to describe this.

Last one today, night guys.

So here's how it'll work, Dog.

Give me 3 or more genres (preferably genres not too complex or genres easily memeable with). I'll pick one of them for the song and if I feel like it I'll fuse some of the genres together.

Then, give me 3 or more subjects to choose from for lyric writing (unless you don't want any lyrics at all). Like with genres I may fuse stuff if I am in the mood.

Then you can place restrictions or suggest shit that you'd like there.

grats dogwander!

i could have a song made for me anytime and mark and i make shit together anyway so its probably for the best

also final matchup: both japanese. coincidence? i think not

>also final matchup: both japanese. coincidence. i think not
Damn weeaboos reccing me stuff for my tourney

also too bad he didn't order that unwound 7" from the little catalogue there eh?

>Give me 3 or more genres
Indie folk, psychedelic rock, free improv
> 3 or more subjects to choose from
Meme Haino, my nose, $$$, my love for watching trains
>Then you can place restrictions or suggest shit
Wew. My only suggestion is to make it as meme-worthy as possible so everyone has a few keks.

I'll be flattered with any song about me anyways
thank you, but I assume it was rigged just like every /daily/ tournament ever, so...RIGGED!

>Indie folk, psychedelic rock, free improv
Okay, will do free improv. Psychedelic rock may be included depending on how things go.
>Meme Haino, my nose, $$$, my love for watching trains
Definitely doing Meme Haino. The other subjects may come in (especially $$$) because it's Meme Haino.
>My only suggestion is to make it as meme-worthy as possible so everyone has a few keks.
Of course I'm gonna try to meme well. Gonna start recording now. Will be done with the song before the week is over.

Awesome, thank you!

bump

What memes are you consuming right now?

I just got to work, so I'm consuming some benchmark reports.

Well I tried doing some "free improv" a while ago with my guitar for the song. I should probably listen to more free improvisation before working on this desu.

got some thoughts on albums

Fishmans - Orange
Much better than Chappie Don't Cry, it's livelier and happer, more upbeat, fitter, happier, more productive
Really liked how bassy it was, there's a solid foundation all of the time, it's great

Fishmans - 宇宙 日本 世田谷 Uchu Nippon Setagaya
This was pretty good, it wasn't perfect, but it was pretty good
The dream-pop elements outstrip the dub here, but that's fine I think they were going in that direction anyway
I dunno, it feels like it could be much greater, as in they would perfect these songs for the live show, because they were at a mirror sheen on that night... something's just off about them here

Fishmans - ゆらめき in the Air
I think this actually improves upon the live track (and the live track was Damn Good), the production for one really benefits this song...
It's woefully short however and leaves me wanting more, I feel like they could have tacked this onto one of the main release albums, in it's current state it's fine though, don't have a problem with it at all

Abba - The Visitors
Didn't hate this, was surprised, everyone bags on abba, but they kinda pull one out for this release, it's saccharine sweet, but that's ok mang

Jim O'Rourke - Eureka
This was sublime, it's incredibly warm and feel good, it's great, really don't have much to say, ya'll already know it's great

what next/recs for freeform?

Kuchu Camp pls

Thinking about just quitting daily cuz no one wants to hear my shit opinions

>no one wants to hear my shit opinions
Yes we do.

No you don't, you're all smarter than me and more insightful. I'm just a loser

Nah man. What is this about? Did something happen?

I just think I'm out of my depth here. I dont know anyone else I can talk about music with but you guys make me feel like a kid. Probably more me than you though. Anyway, it's bedtime

>you guys make me feel like a kid
I dunno how we could do that, man.
>Probably more me than you though
Yeah. Just stick around, lad. The feeling will probably go away.
>Anyway, it's bedtime
Good night

I think I might take a nap after the album I'm listening to is over.

Thanks for listening . Some of you Mark Ands are alright, dont go to being-my-emotional-state tomorrow

>last thread hit 420 posts
DUDE
Anyways, good morning! I'm thinking of going on a run, not sure what to listen to though.