Has a song or album ever made you cry?

does anyone actually cry while hearing music? aside from The Smiths "Asleep" no song has ever made me feel like i could potentially cry

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dYGKxxTXqSs
youtube.com/watch?v=HhY4m6TFVmM
youtube.com/watch?v=Nw4HRT1jBeI
youtube.com/watch?v=JHkrM8WsSb0
dailymotion.com/video/x1o6nv_shiina-ringo-hatsukoi-shojo_music
youtube.com/watch?v=u_tcE4rWovI
youtube.com/watch?v=QtFPdBUl7XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp_xs
youtube.com/watch?v=facgVZuGzRo
youtube.com/watch?v=429PaSejZCE
youtube.com/watch?v=aKiVSuDEF2c
youtube.com/watch?v=7PhQZ1u7Z_E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never full on crying but I have teared up many times

ichiko aoba 0% has been spammed lately and it almost meda me cry :/ also keaton henson becuase I'm an unloved fagot

true love waits

youtube.com/watch?v=dYGKxxTXqSs

Didn't cry to the song on the album but I teared up a bit when Dir en Grey played Blossoming Beelzebub at the show I went to.

I've cried a few times while listening to music. One song that always makes me tear up is, weirdly, When You Wish Upon a Star

Wings for Marie by Tool

Weirdly, Room on fire by the strokes.

I cried to the song Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd the first time I heard it.

I was really surprised at myself but my imagination kinda ran wild thinking of the majesty and excitement of a Space Shuttle launch.

It wasn't the music alone, but
All of Me by John Legend and Wild Horses by Natasha Bedingfield were playing in the background of my sister and girlfriend's dance recital.
Unfortunately music alone has never made me cry, despite the amount of beautiful and emotional stuff I listen to and all the goddamn feels. Recs?

When I was a kid i've the ability to cry, I couldn't cry even if I wanted or to show some sympathy for a friend and/or a person who passed away
But a few years ago I was chatting with this german girl in a skype call, she does covers of songs she likes just for self-service, to lighten her own mood up and after pressuring her a couple of times she agreed to sing for
her voice so beautiful, so angelic that I started tearing up, it was the first time I heard her sing, it was weird, calming and addictive like a drug.
It was like the void inside me disappeared, just melted away like how a candle burns out but a million times faster.

A few months later my pc broke and had to get a new one, and because of my bad memory I forgot my pass and email, and her name

Shit, please excuse my bad grammar I'm a "lil" tipsy.

That was a pretty moving story. Thanks, user.
Can you remember what she sang to you?

Sorry mate, I have a memory of a goldfish, can't even remember the lyrics for my own sake.

But whatever they were, they were otherwordly.

When I was very young, I took a liking to Space Oddity by David Bowie. But I didn't quite comprehend the lyrics. I think my dad asked me something, an one day it just hit me what the song was actually about. I cried to the song the next time it was on.

I don't really think it's so sad now, I certainly haven't felt any emotion regarding Bowie, even at his death. Aside from that one little episode, I've never thought Bowie was very good. I put him on the same level as Freddie Mercury really. Might even put Freddy a bit higher.

Recently, though, Madeleine Peyroux's arrangement of Euston Jones' A Prayer made me cry.

youtube.com/watch?v=HhY4m6TFVmM

I like to imagine a young, WASP Midwestern baptist, who proudly joined the military, served and was shot in battle, nobly and humbly dying in some field, blood and life slowly ebbing. Another soldier comes and holds him while he dies, their bodies arranged like Ilya Repin's painting of Ivan and son.

I think it's the trumpet brings up all the militaristic imagery.

On a humbler level, and on the level I think Madeleine Peyroux is much more likely to be expressing, a humble sickly old Catholic lady expressing joy at her imminent reconciliation with God.

I cried when I listened to Introduction to the Album by The Hotelier once. It really struck a chord.

I know what you mean, can't forget the emotions.
And I guess that's all that really matters. Peace

I don't even like Beach House, but Levitation was the last song I listened to (with her) when I met the girl of my dreams in England.

She lives in Australia and I live in Canada and we haven't seen each other for almost a year. I don't cry when I listen to it but I get weird/mixed emotions and vibes.

Fug, so close to trips

Also here's the painting I was talking about

Tswift - The Best Day

Yeah I read that dumbass book too

I've teared up plenty of times. I've cried to:
Lion In a Coma - Anco
Days of Candy - Beach House
Storm - Godspeed
Watermelon/Crow River Waltz- Leo Kottke
Fare Forward Voyagers - John Fahey

shit yes. Listened to that shit two days ago and I almost cried. First time it happened.

Link?

Probably not necessarily what you're asking for, but after finishing Welcome to the NHK, I listened to the opening song and started sobbing, which was the first time I had cried in at least 5 years.

IF I CAN'T TRUST YOU THEN DAMMIT HANNH

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space
Spiritualized - Broken Heart
Spiritualized - Cool Waves
All from different emotions

>Lion in a comma

???

your story reminded me of this song
youtube.com/watch?v=Nw4HRT1jBeI

youtube.com/watch?v=JHkrM8WsSb0

dailymotion.com/video/x1o6nv_shiina-ringo-hatsukoi-shojo_music

First love Prostitute has a very sad tune to it.

idk why but this made me tear up

youtube.com/watch?v=u_tcE4rWovI

pic related

Grimes - Skin

that one song called Nude by the radioheads

The Ballad of Buford by Rebel Son is the only song that can make me cry, with good reason. ;_;

Tesseract - Seven Names. Beautiful

Anything from Carrie and Lowell by Sufjan Stevens

Any rendition of Wichita Lineman makes me get moist round the eyes. also telegraph road and brothers in arms by dire straits

youtube.com/watch?v=QtFPdBUl7XQ

youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp_xs

Illinois for me

this part every time:
I can explain
The state that I'm in
The state of my heart
Into the car
From the back seat
Oh admiration
In falling asleep

When I was a kid: He Stopped Loving Her Today
Most recently: Hospice or the Hunt by Youth Lagoon

I hate to be that guy but.

Word up nigga.
>gf cheats drunk
>bad relationship anyways
>bad breakup
>listen to this
>>don't hate her when she gets up to leave
Goddamn if I didn't tear up like a bitch.

Also, The Antlers - hospice

My experience was a bit more complicated than that

Nigga let's not get started with that, I simplified shit too. Interested in story tho.

Basically me realizing that my first love was my estranged childhood best friend and a lot of other emotions

truelovememes

Lion in a coma is the least emotional song on the album but whatever works for you

Hey.

Ok yeah that's pretty spot on

When i was 16, in high school and heartbroken i cried a lot to Bright Eyes' Fevers and Mirrors, in particular this song:
youtube.com/watch?v=facgVZuGzRo

I cried when i saw Leonard Cohen live for the first time and he played Famous Blue Raincoat.

For some reason i often cry when i hear the irish song The Dutchman, especially if i'm drunk and singing along.
youtube.com/watch?v=429PaSejZCE

youtube.com/watch?v=aKiVSuDEF2c

The Jim Yoshii Pile-up - Hello
youtube.com/watch?v=7PhQZ1u7Z_E
Wrecked me out of nowhere when I was in the middle of a bunch of social/personal problems in my last year of high school.

too, the whole album still makes me feel til now.

that was my story too. we both love this record. I haven't listened to it since. I can't.

i got dragged to celine dion last year at caesers and shed a tear in secret. her husband was dying and there were some notes she hit where it was impossible to hold back

Yeah, "Child I will hurt you". Full-on bawling and everything.

I don't even really like Crystal Castles.

Oh and also once when I was 7 and I first heard Verdi's dies irae. It was the first time I was hearing actually badass and emotionally powerful music and I was so grateful that this type of music existed (up until then I'd only been listening to radio music and a handful of cheery classical compositions) that it made me tear up.

Yeah speaking of Bowie, I actually took his death really well, until I heard Ashes to Ashes a few days afterwards at which point I actually cried like a bitch.

Edit the sad parts by modest mouse made me cry when I was 17 year old special snowflake wank. I still really like that song though

>Days of Candy
Such an underrated track

Reckoner by the Radioheads

Stabat Mater

Now the chord progression's been milked dry by lame musicians but the real thing is fucking beautiful

I am such a loser i cant even cry.

I should specify:Vivaldi's version