If he were that good, he'd've started a business and/or applied for a couple of patents

If he were that good, he'd've started a business and/or applied for a couple of patents.

Attached: mac_user.png (1280x1138, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_inventions
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That would prevent people from using his creation. What good would that do?

Linus is a brainlet

various formal methods folks have approached him since linux became wildly used, offering to add formal specifications for free to the linux project, to automatically detect flaws and optimizations

he turned them down because he's a pajeet hack, and now linux continues to be buggy and insecure

I truly hate the C pajeet mentality, you're literally holding back the development of humanity

So you're saying nobody uses any of these creations?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_inventions

He's rich anyway wgaf

then he would be called steve jobs. no one wants to be a steve jobs

He's always been.

>no one wants to be a steve jobs
Everybody wants to be Steve Jobs, user.

Yes I want to be dead

We want you to be dead too.

I think Linux is a pretty cool guy. eh gives his code away free and doesn't afraid of anything

he's not a businessman, he's a software engineer. he does what he knows best.

do you have to remind me how much of my life i've spent on the internet?

>various formal methods folks have approached him since linux became wildly used, offering to add formal specifications for free to the linux project
sauce?

He's jew, everyone else fixes shit for him for free and pays even.

I saw Linux at a grocery store in Dunthorpe yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

If linus is such a good programmer, why doesn't he fix the linux filepicker

> caring about worldly affairs

ishygddt

patents expire dumbfuck

>I saw Linux
GNU/Linux

He did patent his werks. Under the GPL.

s/good/evil

>muh evil greedy capitalists
Fuck off.

Come on, dude. I think you're putting a few too many words in my mouth.

Linus prioritized making his invention usable for everyone over making it profitable. Nonetheless, he's still a millionaire so who cares?

And yet his net worth is far greater than yours will ever be.

That's the other guy, he wasn't there.

Being evil is not a requirement for success.

Are you saying all of these people are evil?

Linus is just a kernel.

>uses macbook
A faggot

Second Lieutenant. He never reached the rank of Colonel.

But thank God he'd'nt'st've

Most of them were.

Kind of like the people who added secondary processing server to bitcoin and charge a fee for it while reporting everything to the irs. ((Those)) people.

You unironically believe their contributions don't outweigh any evil they could've done?

no they were academics/students/hobbyists you retarded soyboy

>I'm entitled to the products of your work and you're evil if you don't give to me
>gibsmedat!

>still no source
>ad hominem
wtf I worship yahweh now
shalom

I'm not complaining about something that I can't have (like sour grapes), I am simply saying things would be worse if freedom was not preserved in this situation. I am not taking what I have for granted.

>complains about ad hominems
>ad homineminiemning this entire time

No, you're literally calling other people EVIL for not giving you free shit. Don't backpedal, the entire thread is out there for everyone to read and it's too late to delete your old posts.

The plural of "ad hominem" is "ad homina". Retard.

I only posted the s/good/evil and the "...word in my mouth" posts, to be clear. I'm also only talking specifically about the Linus/Linux thing and that it'd be evil if he didn't do what he did. I'm not complaining about anything else, really. If you think I am, I guess I'd like some clarification on why.

also "free shit" doesn't matter at all here, maybe I was mistaken partially about the thread topic, but I was only thinking of free as in freedom here

Is Linux GNU/Linux's girlfriend or are they siblings?

>I only posted the s/good/evil
So you're implying only the evil start businesses or file patent applications?
>it'd be evil if he didn't do what he did
How?
>I was only thinking of free as in freedom
Patents are open documents, everyone is free to study them and understand how things work.

>linus is a brainlet
>and so am I

Attached: israel.jpg (609x343, 47K)

You believe things ironically?

>I copied what other people did but I have a document that says I made it, now pay me!

Attached: whocoulditbe.jpg (491x491, 40K)

So you're basically saying all these inventions were stolen?

Attached: 4db.png (860x650, 60K)

who is this? i recognize him as being a programmer but no idea who he is

>programmer
he has a yt channel and promotes tunnel bear