Time for another one of these threads, cause I'm still not sure: is the AT-LP 120 a good turntable?

time for another one of these threads, cause I'm still not sure: is the AT-LP 120 a good turntable?

yes/no

it is.

it gets the job done

It's a good turntable that won't ruin your records and is great for starting out. It's the perfect ratio of quality and price.

followup: Will I look like a poseur if I get one, since pretty much every Sup Forumstant/RYMer has one, or will normies not even notice? Do normies use them as well? Have you encountered any in the wild?

Who gives a fuck
If you are worried you are gonna look like a poseur then you probably are one.

you think i don't know that and don't tnink about that all the time

What the fuck? No? It's going to be in your room and no one will care. Most people will just say "yo nice record player".

good turntable no
acceptable turntable yes

if you want to pretend to be a DJ than it is probably great but you can get some excellent entry level audiophile tables for the same price

>you can get some excellent entry level audiophile tables for the same price
Such as?

Pro-ject debut III

rega rp1

Music Hall mmf-2

these plus 1000 second hand options from the 70's and 80s

Go vintage, far better quality & features, far cheaper than anything Pro-Ject shat out in the last decade. Good Technics can be had for 150 - 200.

please don't get a technics
Leave those to the people who actually use them.

Technics made plenty of tables other than the 1200 some of which are good, though none of Technics tables are great

i lost the dust cover for my ATLP120 a long fucking time ago, is this hindering the stylus/needle? it gets pretty fucking dusty, i think i need a new one

u turn orbitz, been very happy with mine

Throw that turntable out and buy a new one!! The dust has already fucked up the internals, the needle, and any records you out on there.

just get a stylus brush

TT Thread? Got my AT440MLb cartridge recently. People complained about the highs being too bright but I love that about it.

What carts do ya'll have and recommend?

I have the AT-LP 60 and it works just fine for me. I have Gorillaz, Arcade Fire, Washed Out and Future Islands and all of them sound just great with my headphones

I can't tell if this is bait or not.

It is

It isn't bait. I can take pictures of the TT and all the vinyl I mentioned too.

No. Buy a used one.