Network+ Study Group

Lets have a COMPTIA network+ study group

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG49S3nxzAnnXcPUJbwikr2xAcmKljbnQ

examcompass.com/comptia/network-plus-certification

Attached: .png (2111x1166, 63K)

Lets not do shit tier certs

Why not Cisco certs instead?

I'm currently studying for this as well. Just got my A+ 5 weeks ago. Going for security+ after it.

What vid are you on OP?

I got both my A+ and Network+ Certs way back in 2002 & 2003. Back when they were "valid for life" and not the "Valid for x number of years" thing they got now. Thank god. Still got the books and the Exam Gear Test software. (Do they even make Exam Gear anymore?)

Meh the Net+ is something you can throw on a resume and if you work for a company they might pay for it.

CompTIA is vendor neutral while Cisco is specific. Either way it is good to have either of them. CCENT is equivalent to Net+ while CCNA is more advanced.

Its hard op. Ive read 30% pass rate first time. I made like a 750 or some shit. It was hard. Im working on Security+ then CCENT, ITIL, then maybe cloud

Cisco is nice, but unless your really like configuring cisco routers/switches then most of the concepts covered by CCNA is also covered under Net+ (least it was, back in the day, 2002-2004 that is).

What was difficult for you?

not that user but subnetting is/was my biggest hang up.

It still is. Took the 005.
Google it no joke its hard. You think simple know my ports and OSI model and im good. I had maybe 1 of each of those on my test. The sims are confusing which is normal for comptia. But look into it. I hope the 006 is smoother and back to entry level.

Subnetting isn't difficult for so far for me. What's hard for me is just memorizing all the useless junk they want you to know that you won't remember after the test or ever use.

My test had maybe 1 on it. Now CCENT will have more. But i need security+ bad.

Lol thats most certs. Security+ is more ports and stupid shit.

I was thinking of getting my Linux+ because fuck it why not. I've used linux for years but i'll go ahead and get the RHCSA as well while i'm at it.

Nice thing is that Ethernet is pretty straight forward. Only thing that really changes is Speed. The cable itself is the same other than grade type. So long as you keep your cable runs all the same grade your golden, otherwise it's like " hmm, network segment H is only getting 100 megabit" while segment A - G is full 1 Gbps even though your switch (s) are all 1GB capable as are all Nics

net+ isn't worth getting for yourself anymore now that it's a subscription cert instead of a permanent one
if work pays for it, that's fine though

just get cisco if you're paying yourself, it's cheaper and more valuable both as a cert and as education subject material

>Ive read 30% pass rate first time
Is that for real? I fucking doubt it after I studied for 2 days and passed. I bet those states are made by the people selling course guides / books because they want to scare you in to cramming for the most simple networking test out there.

>tfw all the ports sec+ told me to memorize
>tfw was only one or two port number questions on it
I took it before they changed the curriculum recently so it may be different, I remember a few RADIUS and TACACS+ questions, but most stuff I had retained from my computer security classes in college

The thing about CompTIA exams is sometimes you get lucky and get a easy exam and other times you can get hard ass exams that blow your ass away.

All certs are shit because thy're for people too lazy and stupid to get a degree.

>I bet those states are made by the people selling course guides / books because they want to scare you in to cramming for the most simple networking test out there.
you have to look at it from the perspective of who is taking these tests
imagine you're someone that just got your a+, you didn't have to study at all because you've been using a computer for a whole 3 months and totally nailed that thing
now you go to get your net+ but your knowledge of a router is "the thing the isp plugged in for me that gives me the wifi"

yes network+ is ridiculously simple, but from how braindead comptia's a+ is, you need to at least look at a couple wikipedia articles after reading the things the cert covers
the majority of takers won't even understand dhcp

Went from working a shit job then spent $400 and a few weeks of studying and for the past 6 years I've been working 3rd level support/deployment. Was worth the chump change to 30k more a year and 4 week vacation.
I feel like people who sperg out on certs are the ones who are paying out the ass for school and want to justify their debt/spending. I have no illusions that I'm going to make the big IT bucks with only certs but it was an ez-pz tack to middle class.

I getcha. Fair enough on that.

Wow, I didn't know Geek Squad paid so well.

Have fun with your debt. I know people who got hired just with certs versus someone who had a bachelors in CS. The person with a degree couldn't even configure an unmanaged switch.

Paid my way to Masters in CIS, so no debt.
I can configure switches in my sleep.
Enjoy your pleb life.

Ok. I'm sure you can and I don't doubt it. Thinking with that mindset will certainly get you far in life bud.

Oh yeah? Well then what port is BGP? No google!

Certs are for IT manual labor aka administrative crap. A degree is for white collar jobs. Sub 100 iq brainlets can't help but to naturally be brainlets. The certs are for them.

How hard is A+? Thinking about going for it because I get a 40% discount for the test, and my job said they'll reimburse me if I pass it.

if you study sec+ and additionally learn subnetting you will know net+. sec+ is more valuable in the field.

Easy. Passed on my first try on both exams and the simulations were easy as well.

>The All in One study guide is dirt cheap on Amazon
Sheeeeet, I might jump on that.

>Certs are for IT manual labor aka administrative crap. A degree is for white collar jobs.
both go about the same range without connections or years of experience

a degree or cert is the least relevant part of a career, mr early 20 year old that knows everything

your ignorance is cringy