LET'S SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL

HOW MUCH IQ DO YOU NEED TO PROGRAM?

POST YOUR EDUCATED GUESS BELOW.

NOTHING UNDER 79 AND OVER 160, PLEASE.

Attached: Angry+comment+about+ponies+_380c3334869268e536570c33ea32769e.jpg (1500x1500, 635K)

>iq

>jewish meme numbers decide your talents
>oy vey goy, you will be a sewage worker for the rest of your life
>hitler thought he should program too

You just need to know how to read (and I mean understand what are you reading) and be creative about thinking in solutions.

everyone can program (on a basic level), you just gotta learn the syntax

We know nothing about intelligence
IQ means nothing
Hard work is the only true defining factor. Your background might make it tougher than for other people, but this is just a "time tax".
Pay the tax and you'll get here and be just like any other professional programmer

IQ = 69
HS dropout
C dev

Minimum: 100
Recommended: above 120

Hello brainlets

Attached: brainletwojak.png (645x729, 77K)

Not everyone is born with terminal autism like you.

what's you're guise iq?

mine's unironically 120

how much IQ?
It isnt dependent upon an IQ
It is dependent on whether you can concentrate
and be bothered to learn how to program
There is no easy route in either. Ask any competent programmer that was taught from an early age and they will tell you that first they needed to learn how to plan out the stages of a program and how to document a program. Then once they started learning how to deconstruct an idea they learnt how to construct a program from the deconstructed idea

My IQ is 90 and I can't wrap my head around programming so I think you need something way higher. Certainly over a hundred.

depends how deep you want to go with it. A young retarded child could be taught to make hello world in python but he will likely not be able to handle being a linux kernel dev. So it's like everything, really dumb people will be able to do a dumb amount, average people will do an average amount, creative average people will do better than uncreative average people, intelligent people will do an intelligent amount, an creative + intelligent people will be the top tier. Some people are "smart" but they lack creativity and can only follow directions and don't bring anything new to the table. Lastly it goes without saying that women can't program and the only code they contribute is code of conduct. Women should instead look into child bearing and homemaking industries.

The average for my country is 79 so i go with that, So my iq is 79.

>120
Fuck off, brainlet, 121 IQ coming through.

Attached: 1512224850650.png (403x448, 55K)

my iq is 12 [spoiler]squared[/spoiler]

Attached: 1494500685442.jpg (4030x4096, 1.15M)

> >jewish meme numbers decide your talents
> >oy vey goy, you will be a sewage worker for the rest of your life
> >hitler thought he should program too
>j00
>Rhymes with IQ
>A number meant to keep the goy in line
>Goy rhymes with soy
>The j00s want us all to be cucked hipster docile betas
TIL the Jews imagine themselves as yarmulke wearing chads

What can't you wrap your head around? I'm a brainlet that barely finished high school and I've been able to do it since I was a kid.

Kids have an easier time learning things, if you really have an low IQ the fact that you started learning and had an interest since childhood is probably the reason you are good at it now.

I still think 90 IQ should be enough to learn "programming" though. Maybe the user doesn't have the diligence to learn it and doesn't practice or can't remember the stuff and gets frustrated, only he knows the reason though.

I'm very intelligent and I am a programmer. I think less intelligent people can be effective and happy programmers, but it will take more of their time. That is all.

well this post lead me down a rabbit hole after googling 'programmers in africa'

140!

Attached: DRC0QsaXUAUYBce[2].jpg (1026x730, 47K)

>HOW MUCH IQ DO YOU NEED TO PROGRAM?
more than you have

I've never taken an IQ test, but I have a masters in aerospace engineering. IQ tests are for people with nothing else to measure their achievements with.

people below 80 forget the start of a sentence by the time they reach its end
so probably above 80

those who believe that all people can do anything with enough time are misinformed.
abstract thought is a trait among people who test with a high iq, somebody with an average iq may well be able to parrot instruction but theyll never be able to think too far beyond what theyve been shown without trial and error.
a high iq person will be able to extrapolate potential outcomes of an instruction without having to play them out experimentally but rather take pre emptive action based on prediction.

a low iq person will likely follow the same roads every day to work even when handed a map because thats what they have always done and remember, at least until they try out the other routes to test them. a higher iq driver can look at a map of an area theyve never been to before and assuming the source of the map is good, theyll take the best route regardless and with confidence, as they intuitively have played the route out in their head.

you see it play out in humour, typically a higher iq person will get a joke first time because as its being told, they can visualise the scenario and consequences. the exact same joke may need the punchline explained in greater detail because the low iq person just cant see it without them. the low iq person can never be taught how to predict future scenarios based off limited information, they can only parrot or use trial and error.

how it manifests in coding I couldnt say really, I dont code, I unironically work fast food. I imagine its the difference between an innovator who is flexible and a code monkey following a list of requirements, who is stuck in their ways. both can grind but when it comes to problem solving with a new technique or system, only the high iq person will be able to visualise it before implementing, the low iq coder will have to stumble his way through mistakes to get there.

I guess the question of what iq is required to be a programmer is answered, anyone can learn like a parrot assuming their brain is more complex than a colourful loud birds. but make no mistake, thats all theyll ever be able to do.

90? IQ is more for general intelligence.

>the low iq coder will have to stumble his way through mistakes to get there
"rapid prototyping"

>you see it play out in humour, typically a higher iq person will get a joke first time because as its being told, they can visualise the scenario and consequences. the exact same joke may need the punchline explained in greater detail because the low iq person just cant see it without them. the low iq person can never be taught how to predict future scenarios based off limited information, they can only parrot or use trial and error.

this is false, there are plenty of high IQ people who will not understand your shitty jokes because they are high-functioning autists. see: richard stallman

>your shitty jokes
try telling good ones instead.

you need to be at least this intelligent to program

Attached: brainlet test.png (371x494, 28K)

3/top right?

176 IQ programmer here, if you're below 159 then just give up now because you'll never make it
correct

need? I do believe people with 79 iq are programming fine. However, I wish it was restricted to 120+.

120 here and I still cant fully understand pointers
And I have been using C family since I entered HS

>be 110 iq brainlet
>just barely 3.0 gpa
>go to community college for IT
>learn Java
>get a job at IT firm that specializes in embedded systems (POS, ATMs, vending machines)
>work my way into management
>job consists of meeting clients, setting up deals, relaying to project managers
>never have to code
>mfw cushy $250,000 annual

Attached: raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa ca443f4786.u1.jpg (750x1000, 49K)

so now I should learn to code instead of sweeping the floor in pizza hut.
>137 iq
>never finished high school, had to leave to pay rent
>still broke af years later
maybe just killing myself would be a better endeavour

about 200

Attached: thread.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

top right

taken many random tests over the years and it's always between 120 and 140

Programming isn't hard.

So it is an L, an half circle and a half triangle.
The answers only show L variations, so it must be the row connection.
The first line show the different pieces.
The second line show if you mirror them along the vertical axis, they all mirror.
The interesting part is the 3rd row in the middle, it is flipped along the horizontal axis (which you cannot see with the circle)
So the answer must have the second half rotated along the horizontal axis.
The triangle is like the 2nd row, so the first half should be that.
The other half is the triangle from the first row flipped. So C.

Implement an AVL tree or some other fun data structure that needs recursion.
It makes so much more sense then

im the smartest 4channer

Attached: 345h62.jpg (482x482, 27K)

no u

no this is patrick!!

Attached: 42365g.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Can someone explain this to a brainlet. I have no idea

i made a poopoo in my undies tody

programming is a skill not an iq test.
that said, general intelligence makes it easier to pick up.

>The triangle is like the 2nd row, so the first half should be that.
but the circle isn't.

Programmers have high IQ scores because IQ tests are basically a bunch of boolean algebra functions that you have to "see" in data set and continue the series. It's just pathetic, "here is OR", "here is XOR", wow, I have 135... There should be a different IQ test for people who know boolean algebra.

>TIL the Jews imagine themselves as yarmulke wearing chads
The meme is real.

Attached: (((Goldberg))).jpg (477x308, 25K)

Column 3 has features that are convex, row 3 has features that point to the right. Top right option also shares these features.

/thread

Attached: 1518293183764.jpg (971x565, 141K)

Every row has a triangle, circle and incomplete square. They are split in half and these two parts are arranged into different combinations.
Third row has triangle and circle shapes, so it missing square-like shape.
There is three combinations for every shape: 1. normal, 2. halves are swapped, 3. left side left as it is and right side flipped horizontally and vertically.
First row has "square" in combination 2.
Second row has normal "square", ie combination 1.
So third row missing square in third combination.
To get it we need to leave left side as it is (so answer is 3 or 6), and flip right side horizontally and vertically, so the final answer is 3.

Obviously it depends on language and task. For example Python is designed to be very easy to go from 0 to getting shit done with simple tutorials, libraries and cookbooking. A literal monkey could do basic data manipulation with it. On the other hand it's also used for deep neural networks and obviously no 'for dummies' book will help you there.

it's even worse if you look at the ones where they tried to remove "social constructs" and shit. More than half the questions on the last one I saw were just "apply XOR to these two patterns and pick the result" and if I'd never heard of a logic gate I would have not been able to solve them despite no difference in cognitive ability between those two states. So it was a knowledge test rather than intelligence- totally invalid

This, iq doesn't matter just start programming you nonce

When I take the random tests I get about 115 then I answered all the questions randomly and I got 100, it was the mensa test

Who the fuck takes the time and effort to get a formal IQ test?

I do not comprehend.

Most people who get tagged for ADHD or assurgers or something in school end up getting one as part of the regular tard screening

America is weird.

You underestimate stupidity of the average person.
These tests are mostly used to filter obvious retards.

And even if, as you say, half of the questions get easier if you already have crystallized intelligence (aka knowledge), you still need enough fluid intelligence to notice the pattern and apply your knowledge.

There is only one way to be stupid, but a lot of ways to be smart.

is this a troll image? shouldn't the second in the first row and the first in the second row be swapped around?

Attached: 1466648748891.gif (400x250, 1.98M)

shh don't crush their guilt based liberal ideology

fixed. it makes more sense now.

Attached: 96wdso8x.png (371x494, 23K)

It's not fixed, you fucking idiot.
You just made much easier.
Original picture still works.

I would say minimum around 100, but honestly the productivity delta between an "average" programmer and a top-tier one is obscene. I have seen several people in my career who got as much accomplished as 10+ other individuals, including less wasted time on half-baked designs, etc.

but it makes no sense like this

Attached: gi28moxa.png (371x494, 25K)

Read explanation for brainlets in .

>HOW MUCH IQ
It depends on your skin color

you autist make it seem like you have to be a genius to understand finite-state machines and linear algebra. there's curry niggers, calitwinks and Sup Forumstards doing this shit everyday for fuck sake. it's literally basic math and abstractly thinking. unless you're an invalid, if you live in a 1st world country you should be able to program.

>if I'd never heard of a logic gate I would have not been able to solve them despite no difference in cognitive ability between those two states

That says more about you though. This is stuff that comes naturally if you aren't braindead.

that explanation is wrong i'm afraid.

Attached: gi28moxa2.png (742x988, 108K)

Sorry, user, but it looks like you are too stupid to understand.
My condolences.

Attached: 1383177499961.jpg (185x202, 35K)

>There is three combinations for every shape: 1. normal, 2. halves are swapped, 3. left side left as it is and right side flipped horizontally and vertically.
which of these three combinations is the first in the third row? the answer is none of them.

IQ doesn't exist, may as well be arbitary. Too many variables.

From left to right. C for combination.

First row: square C2, circle C1, triangle C2.
Second row: circle C2, triangle C1, square C1.
Third row: circle C3, triangle C3, square C3.

Enough.

Attached: pretending.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

>Third row: circle C3
>3. left side left as it is and right side flipped horizontally and vertically.
>flipped
it's rotated. there is absolutely nothing to suggest that it's flipped.

Attached: 1519050242435.jpg (221x250, 15K)

Flipping horizontally and vertically is the same as rotating it 180 degrees, you fucking idiot.

>flipping is the same as rotating

Attached: 1516451304597.png (1066x600, 477K)

pic is the best solution I was able to see

Attached: prog matrix solution.png (580x528, 27K)

fuck, meant rotate the halves with endpoints facing left in middle row

Attached: ss12.webm (800x600, 1.35M)

what combination of vertical and horizontal filps would you have to do to have the same effect as rotating it 90 degrees?

you would need a diagonal flip plus a vertical or horizontal flip.

am im brainlet enough 2 major in CS?

Attached: answer.png (467x659, 71K)

sorry but that wouldn't end up with it rotated 90 degrees.

Why are we rating a skill based upon a result on a test that is supposed to only be applied on children?

how do you figure?

Attached: rotate as two flips.png (1010x3026, 960K)

around 400 user

you didn't flip the image. you flipped the area around the image.

Attached: f.png (834x1728, 604K)

sorry, thought you would be smart enough to understand that in this context diagonal meant a flip about a 45 degrees from horizontal/vertical axes (i.e., a transpose) regardless of initial aspect ratio, my bad.

If pajeets can do this

diagonal literally means corner to corner.