>he bought a smartphone in 2018

>he didn't wait for the the only phone that cares about your freedom

puri.sm/posts/librem5-progress-report-9/

this looks to me to be the best phone option for true patrician Sup Forumsentoomen. the only thing that sucks is it's not out yet and I have to wait until Jan 2019. Any anons have thoughts on this phone?

Attached: whywouldyoudothatanon.jpg (960x960, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

itsfoss.com/librem-linux-phone/
puri.sm/posts/librem5-progress-report-9/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>memephone
>uses an obscure SoC instead of writing mali drivers

what is a better alternative for a freedom phone? i would rather use this than give money to android manufacturers or google or apple

This may be your best bet honestly

fug her

Attached: 1495226995566.jpg (1437x1019, 237K)

Regardless of the year there are only a few phones I'd buy, and that's not one of them.

Which ones would you buy, praytell?

These three

Attached: BlackBerries.png (552x270, 215K)

BB is only good if your enterprise manages its own BES. If you use a phone providers BES server, then you can forget about privacy

You don't have to use BES anymore, hell my carrier explicitly states that their plan is incompatible with BlackBerries and I still use it.

For me, the security of a privately owned and managed BES server was something that always liked (my previous work had this).
Why then use a BB now? Just because its not droid or Apple? Or are their other features that set BB apart from the rest?
I haven't held a BB in my hand since 2007

BB10OS has some nice perks like the Hub and gesture based UI, I find it much better than Android and iOS.

Thank. I might look into it more.
Might be time to give the 'droid the flick

would if I could user

Whats the KeyOne like? Any idea?

this is a bot

>blackberry
Why would I want this when librem5 will run real gnu/linux?

I'm buying the Pixel 3 this year. Notch included.

Aside from the fact that it wasn't even released yet, the UI looks very outdated, among other things.
itsfoss.com/librem-linux-phone/
>5 touchscreen
>3GB LPDDR3 RAM
>i.MX6/i.MX8 CPU
>Front and back camera (which most likely wouldn't be standard, forget above competition)
I want nothing more than for this to succeed, but it hardly seems promising with specs like these. I doubt it will be available worldwide.

you queer, boy?
>you queer, boy.

>puri.sm/posts/librem5-progress-report-9/
botnet

Attached: 1520844465483.png (1600x1448, 877K)

> >he bought a smartphone in 2018
> shills another smartphone
Whad did he mean by this?

>2019
>buying a 2010 phone
No thanks, I don't care about botnet or whatever.

Bump.

Interested in finding a phone which isn't backdoored.

Heard about librem but the specs seem a little outdated.

cute boy

I'm super excited for this. I plan on having it be my next phone.

What specifically do u see as botnet in regards to librem5? Or are u just shitposting?

>cellphone without a keyboard
Why would I want this regardless of what OS it runs?

For the specs kiddies ITT, yes it is not the best most up to date shit but think of it more like a librebooted thinkpad, they don't have the latest specs either. Really depends on your usecase and your desire to avoid the botnets of google and apple. I personally don't think I need the latest specs for my usage. Another thing I really like besides a focus on privacy is that this phone is supposed to have convergence or whatever they call it where it's running a full linux distro and you can plug it into a monitor and use an external keyboard and use it like a full linux desktop.

ura bot fagit

This.
Modern specs aren't that important if the OS isn't wasting 50% or more of its power on ad serving, spying and bloat.

cute girl :3

Attached: not.tsuruko_29088831_174127430049949_3904423965564600320_n.jpg (1080x1207, 98K)

Why don't you just use your android gf as a cell phone? :^)

If someone plans to use it as a full linux desktop then good specs are even more important

post more cute girls (male)

Why not UBports? I've been using it for at least 3 years and Im pretty happy with it.

Attached: touchicon-192.png (192x192, 10K)

Sorry she is male (female)

I really hope it works good enough to be able to replace my mid-range android.

>ubuntu
>Privacy
Choose one
Our lord RMS has openly warned us against ubuntu on multiple occasions.

Because I want to run gentoo on my librem5

I literally only use my phone to listen to music and browse Sup Forums when I shouldn't. I don't need much.