I'm tired of non-unix systems like Winshit, it's pig disgusting, and I'm tired of Linux and its lack of driver support...

I'm tired of non-unix systems like Winshit, it's pig disgusting, and I'm tired of Linux and its lack of driver support. Should I just go OS X?

Attached: vmwarefull.jpg (1680x1050, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/commandline/2018/03/06/debian-gnulinux-for-wsl-now-available-in-the-windows-store/
zdnet.com/article/top-five-linux-contributor-microsoft/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go hackintosh, unironically better than OSX vanilla. It's not exactly user friendly but trust me it's Mac without the shit.

Do it faggot I dare you

Attached: 10959363_803769869698259_2165113174891158962_n.jpg (912x912, 75K)

I'm gonna quickly correct before I get torn to shreds, I meant it's not user friendly trying to install it. It's slightly difficult,

OSX has worse driver support than Linux

>tired of Linux and its lack of driver support
>switching to OS X

lmao this. If you're buying a mac then obviously it's guaranteed to just work, but the second you start talking about hackintosh all bets are off. Anything can happen

I use Windows as my desktop machine and I have a MBP which I use for work/travel. Honestly, I'm starting to like OSX a lot more than windows.

It's got me seriously considering switching over 100% but at this point it's to early to say.

Maybe if the new mac pro seems worthwhile it just might be the push I need.

I've got a couple of iMacs kicking around. In terms of day to day use there really isn't much fucking difference unless you're comparing stock install to stock install. Windows 10 with a dock isn't much different from OSX except for terminal and bash.

I got a lot of glitches that made me switch.

>linux lacks driver support
>I know, I'll use this operating system that only works properly with the hardware of this one specific vendor

Well, you can install Windows on a mac anyways. In fact a lot of devs who use macs dual boot with Windows for compatibility

If driver support is a concern buy from system76 or zareason. Driver support is guaranteed

this, linux has the widest driver support imaginable

Install TempleOS

Just write your own!

I haven't seen a need yet to do that, I got NTFS drivers on my MBP so any reason is null. I don't game and everything I do on my desktop i can do on my MBP just fine.

Some things are even easier such a programming PCB boards.

Go BSD.

stay away from Linux OP, literal botnet:

>Ubuntu datamines so all Linux distros do
Eat shit

Ubuntu is the only distro that works, why else would MS pick it for wsl?

>Ubuntu
>Linux

>that works
>remove arch because no more 32 bit
>install latest ubuntu
>barely works
good thing the lts worked normally

go to OpenBSD then, its comfy as fuck

>arch
How many times did you have to fix X per week?

Seems like you don't really have other options. Except for BSD or whatever.

it's unironically comfy
amazing how freetards still haven't come up with decent graphics system in 30+ years

Attached: .png (1920x1200, 267K)

Is FluxBox still relevant with BSD?

Hehehe you sure got him there champ

none

oh and the funny thing about this is that both ubuntu and debian had broken X at the time, and ubuntu had even the tty messed up

>/usr/local/bin/mksh
>when macOS ships with real korn shell
pleb

Attached: 1418553802857.jpg (623x469, 28K)

>>remove arch because no more 32 bit
stupidest thing i did then t-bh, should have just kept it with or without updated, dealing with installing debian and it's offshoots was anal and a waste of time
never installing anything debian before verifying it works with a live iso

Even windows is better than the complete utter trash that is fagOS.
>le linus has no drivers maymay
Fuck off shill.

>Windows is better than OS X

Attached: 1499039056237.png (628x480, 454K)

Sorry, can't help you, not a single OS pleb.

>It's slightly difficult,
Don't know how much of a brainlet you have to be if you think installing macOS with todays utilities and tools on supported hardware is "difficult".

>tired of Linux and its lack of driver support. Should I just go OS X?
lel

>implying dog piss isn't better than dog shit

Attached: 1501366045893.png (285x204, 149K)

>implying OS X is even remotely close to being as bad as Windows

Can't argue with that. I agree it's much worse.

How?

I'd use OSX if it wasn't laggy with scrolling and such.

>that suicide vid in the dock
Kek’d

Attached: B45FC989-4922-40BC-9D3B-3564FC11DF6A.png (736x527, 31K)

>I'm tired of Linux and its lack of driver support
what

OS X > ALL

He propably meant that it's more than just clicking 'next' until it starts copying files onto the hard drive like it is with most Linux distros and Windows. You need to know what hardware you have, check if it is compatible with macOS. Not something that a literal normie would be able to do. Hence I'd call it slightly difficult too.

Uhhh..... OS X is probably a WORSE choice for driver support if you’re using non-Apple hardware.

>OSX
>driver support

you dun full retard

OpenSUSE and apparently Fedora are in the Windows Store as well, user.

Appledrones don't really have functional cerebrums so they don't understand logic.

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 75K)

I do like MacOS more than windows
but I've had very few issues with driver support in recent years with linux, among the 8 or so various laptops of varying quality all of them were completely fine aside from the occasional network chip that required some finagling.

but if you're intending to make a hackintosh to improve your driver support you've gone full retard

this kinda works on my machine.

Attached: .png (249x204, 17K)

>lack of driver support
Don't buy garbage hardware then

>state of loonix
wew

>state of poorfags
wew

Linux literally has the best driver support on any os now. You plug shit in and it works, meanwhile windows is installing drivers for my fucking mouse.

>state of *insert here whatever shit company you're buying your garbage from*
wew

Dear OP,
fuck off.
Sincerely,
XNU's not Unix.
P.S. install a BSD

in theory yes, but with everything being distributed and/or requiring compilation for your arch, it's not ideal and may as well not exist.

This.
We're no longer in the year 2008, OP. Most shit is plug&play these days. Pick a big, enterprise distro like Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, etc. and you should be off to the races.
Meanwhile, Windows 10 is dumpster-fire tier. System takes forever to boot, handles updates like ass, package management is a nightmare (do not even mention chocolatey), the driver situation is often maddening. Ads everywhere. "Want to play Candy Crush?"

XNU uses BSD, and BSD is not Unix
kys

I highly reccomend this OP. I used to use windows but gave that up for Linux for obvious reasons around 4 years ago. After around 2 years of Linux I switched to OSX and it’s so much better and more stable. The built in kernel extensions are incredibly stable, I have had my Mac for 2 years and have never run into a single OS issue. Computer boots up and is ready to go in 30 seconds, whole experience is incredibly smooth and the setup is way more efficient than windows. MacOS works flawlessly, no forced updates, no start menus, no kernel panics or random shutdowns. It’s actually incredible. Don’t let the blind macOS haters here brainwash you.
>faggle is worse than everything reeeee people only buy it to fit in reeee everyone is a normie who is brainwashed
They’re wrong, apple dominates on college campuses and at software companies because it has the best OS. Give it a go OP, the OS is light years ahead of windows and a million times more stable than Linux (I still love Linux, just not for personal daily computer acitivites”

Are you braindamaged? XNU is Mach, not BSD. Please stop parroting shit you've misunderstood. Little bits of BSD code are used by Apple, but Mac OS X is not Unix, especially not in the default install. Terminal hidden deep in the application list, no C compiler, no ctags, etc.

Everyone who uses proprietary software is brainwashed though.

>implying linux isn't on its deathbed
Microsoft would like to have a word with you.

If Applel is really so confident that their hardware is superior, they should sell shrink-wrapped copies of OS X in stores and let the market decide.

The King of All Brainlets has spoken.

>wants driver support
>shills OSX
are you morons even trying? if your answer to driver support is buying an entire new machine, then why not build a machine that suits Linux in the first place?

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/commandline/2018/03/06/debian-gnulinux-for-wsl-now-available-in-the-windows-store/
>embrace, extend, extinguish

What the fuck are you talking about? MacOS is Unix. It does have a C compiler on instal by default

Because macOS is engineered specifically to be optimized for the hardware it’s built to utilize? When you do this you get much more efficient hardware usage.

Yes, you want something that just works and feels good

XNU stands for X is not Unix.

XNU is based on both Mach and BSD, to say it's one or the other is simply wrong.

>Because macOS is engineered specifically to be optimized for the hardware it’s built to utilize?

Macs use the same hardware as everyone else. Nothing special about it. Well, except that you pay double for it.

It would make sense to do some research and find out which hardware supports Linux really, wouldn't it?

>reading comprehension

>lack of driver support

stop buying shit hardware

This. Op is just a faggot getting paid rupees to shill apple

You're arguing for hackintoshs then?

This one is buggy, smooze is better

What kind of special snowflake shit are you having trouble with?

> osx
> Mac without the shit
More like shit without the Mac

nah

Yes the hardware specs are the same, but the hardware firmware and architecture is not. The MacOS is optimized to run efficiently on the metal it’s built for. This makes a massive difference in performance, especially boot time.

>It does have a C compiler on instal by default
Wrong, you need to install xcode to get a C compiler.

Weakest of bait, nigger. You would cry if you knew how many Linux users worked at Microsoft. They've finally driven it the thick skulls of management, that compatability is not a weakness. Using Windows and Linux is a powerful tool. This isn't about desktop wars, it's about servers and infrastructure.

>I'm tired of Linux and its lack of driver support.

Attached: I came here to laugh at you - Sirius.png (256x192, 69K)

It is entirely about desktop wars you dumb fag. There is no actual linux in WSL. It's about entirely eliminating actual linux usage and in it's place using GNU/NT. Microsoft is *literally* trying to kill linux, and have the gall to call what the do linux while they do it.

Unless microshit starts getting commits in the kernel, there's no problem.
Hopefully if that happens openbsd will have support for fucking trim
They just have really fast ssds

yes i recommend the hackintosh

if you have money to burn

it's usually divided into the majority of clueless rich kids who use it to show off their wealth, or the minority of graphics professionals, or programmers who prefer a unified interface and environment that the baskin-robbins clusterfuck called linux can't offer. pic related.

Attached: linux freeduhm of choice.jpg (624x295, 92K)

>Unless microshit starts getting commits in the kernel, there's no problem.
welcome to like 10 years ago
zdnet.com/article/top-five-linux-contributor-microsoft/

Attached: 1445975752665.gif (298x301, 1.81M)

>lack of driver support
>mac osx

OS X is absolute fucking dogshit. It's literally a 20-year old OS that Apple has done nothing but make worse since day 1. I get it that Windows is absolute fucking cancer, but OS X is worse. Fuck Apple and fuck Microsoft. Fuck all computers for that matter. Worthless goddamn shit.

t. rajeet

While true, it still manages to be better than the entirety of freetards' attempts of making a desktop OS, let alone MS

>It's literally a 20-year old OS
Literally every OS is

>unironically better than OSX vanilla

explain

>lack of drivers
>switching to an OS that only runs on very specific hardware

Hmm... How about you just buy hardware that has good linux support, since you would have to do that for macOS anyway?

>laggy with scrolling
The fuck were you using OSX on? OSX has one of the smoothest scrolling experiences natively