>opitimised for nearly all software/peripherals
>optimised for nearly all productivity software
>VGA drivers work no issues with WE10
>it just werkz

Attached: w10.png (400x400, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=windows 10 nvidia broken
youtube.com/watch?v=iYWzMvlj2RQ
reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/6xorpu/windows_10_directx9_4gb_vram_cap_will_be_lifted/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you

i sonf wvwn vrose g that myuch but tyou're still a cunt

like why even make trhis rthread you fucking cunt. Are you trying to incite poeple? I am using win 10 atm i dont give a fuck. Fuck you still, Go wasye your time elseware.
Fuck me i need to stop drinking.

>optimized
Not sure you know what that word means.
>just works
Not out of the box, unlike MacOS and GNU.

Is there anything wrong with using Gentoo
>optimised for everything
>it just werkz

No.

>Not out of the box
What doesnt work?

it doesn't look like the previous windows versions

>>optimised
GRrrRRrrRrrRrrrr

Attached: 81OqJdqHIjL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x821, 148K)

> botnet
> no proper package menager
> looks like shit. Inconsistent UI, flat design, everything looks like retarded smartphone
> multiple workspaces on windows works awful
> breaks.
> no good drivers for my graphical tablet, no drivers for older software in general
> powershell is shit
> windows market is pile of garbage
> no real control over Internet usage and updates downloading
> Bloated.

Attached: botnet.png (600x450, 555K)

Other than that there is nothing wrong with using Windows. Just pick right tool for your job.
Windows is "default" OS. It is good to move on, but you have not if you don't want to

Updates are shit
They take ages and can require multiple restarts

It's not gentoo

>the whole thing is a literal pile of shit
>yeah, but everything except the shitty parts is good
???

>optimized
No, just no.
I'm not saying it's the devil, but it's a busy as fuck OS, always installing some crap in the background or "scanning for malware". Updates are a fucking mess, which will keep your PC hostage for the whole day sometimes, if it doesn't have an SSD.

>What doesnt work?

Shit tier default browser while gnu/linux comes with superior firefox out of the box
no office suit while GNU/Linux comes with libreoffice out of the box
no image manipulation program while GNU/Linux comes with Gimp.
a shitty text editor while GNU/Linux comes with high end text editors (line numbers, code highlighting, advanced search and replace regex tools, tabs support etc...)
without an image burning tool while GNU/Linux comes with brasero
without a torrent client while GNU/Linux comes with transmission
without a decent media player while GNU/Linux comes with either vlc or mpv
a very limited cmd cli while GNU/Linux comes with an extremely powerful bash terminal emulator
without any image/ISO mounting tool while linux comes with acetoneiso
without a universal unzip/unrar tool while linux can extract any archive upon installation
without a mail client while GNU/Linux is shipped with kmail or thunderbird

>GNU/Linux ships with bloat

on the contrary, it has much more features with far less bloat.
shit barely uses 500Mb of ram and doesn't rape your hdd for half an hour after each reboot to scan for virus, malware and send telemetry...

Indeed, every single thing you've listed is something wrong.

I've used Arch way back when Sup Forums was memeing it, along other several distros and Windows releases and now using 10 exclusively, and can 100% say without a doubt 10 is the worst OS I've ever had to use, the quality is non existent and it feels like it was designed and coded by pajeet codemonkeys working for a paycheck, it's worse than the Android roms rajeesh releases on XDA, at least when the rom is fucked you can work on fixing it or even roll back easily, with 10?, go fuck yourself.

ffs even linux distros out of the box are less obscure and give you more control out of the box.

>isn't optimized for shit, just happens to be the major platform with all the software
>comes with extra bloat to support old 32-bit programs because proprietary programs can't simply be recompiled to run on 64-bit hardware (since they are proprietary)
>comes with extra bloat like the MS app store or Cortana that you can't uninstall
>wants to run on all sorts of devices, ends up sucking on all devices (desktop UI sucks for tablets, Metro/Modern UI sucks for desktops)
>annoying update notifications
>needs extra time before starting/stopping to finish updates (GNU/Linux doesn't have this problem)
>NVIDIA driver only lets you update if you log into your NVIDIA account
>non-existent/shitty support for anything other than FAT and NTFS
>file extensions hidden by default meaning normies won't notice not_a_virus.mp3 is actually not_a_virus.mp3.exe
>weird filesystem design choices like case insensitivity or fully qualified pathnames being limited to 260 characters
>needs to be defragmented (unless you have an SSD, but needing a new kind of storage to make your shitty filesystem usable is kinda pathetic)

Except those are programs the average user actually needs and can easily uninstall, unlike the duplicate photo viewer, duplicate media player, or the xbox app on Windows 10.

Windows 7 forever.

It has no drivers. GNU comes with full AMD GPU drivers by default, Ethernet drivers which work on all motherboards, WiFi and Bluetooth drivers for the large majority of devices.

Go to bed user!

Ads, shit ui, no package manager, viruses, telemetry, nsa backdoor.

i stuck with 8.1 for a reason

>optimised for games

Attached: 1276652287553.jpg (500x389, 34K)

>every linux distro is debian xfce

Yeah, it's trash, and worse than Windows 7 in every single possible way.

Attached: GIF.gif (330x670, 1.02M)

>MAD GPOO
Imbecile spotted.

Yes, it fucking breaks every forced windows update...

How about it downloads shit every day for no reason rendering your connection unusable

>>optimised for games
I have larger fps on 7
W7 too
W7 too
WDM2 broke many driver and legacy mode is full of shit.
>it just werkz
W7 too

Wow what is Sup Forums's problem, I have literrally no issues with W10.
Every time I try a linux distro, I go back to W10 2 days later because the shit is broken.
>inb4 you got shitty hardware (which is not a reason btw)
>inb4 winfag can't use loonix

>optimised for games
false, only advantage over 7 is dx12
false, hdd usage is terrible compared to every other windows versions, 10 auto updates rekt most older laptops
its the other way around for software. Also most older versions do not work
lmgtfy.com/?q=windows 10 nvidia broken
>it just werkz
it really does not.

ugly, ads all over the place, NSA-botnet on every level of the system (even tracks all the files you ever open from local disks), just-doesnt-work™ without automatic updates enabled, disabling auto-updates doesn't really work since it seems to reset itself, fucking creator updates, forced on you by every means possible (conveniently broken drivers for Win7, VS won't run on anything other than W10, auto-updates force to upgrade to W10), ... need I go on?

locking this shit down is possible, but will render the system near useless since you won't be able to install most drivers and won't be able to use VS: no fun AND no work possible.

I'll admit that by default it comes with a lot of bloat and lacking many basic applications, it's looks are not the best and un-customizable, and it isn't the fastest
but at least it's the one with the most compatible apps, and unlike linux most problems can easily be fixed whereas linux has more random bugs and quirks that are there because of little or no QA, fragmented ecosystem, etc.
tldr. win 10 looks like ass but it's the best for productivity in the long term
I won't ever use linux unless I need to run torch or similar obscure linux-only software

shit ui

the biggest offense i've ever noticed with windows was the flickering that happens with multiple monitor setups.

The updates.

A lot of modern netbooks can't even update due to lack of space.

>it just werks
>mfw I have to use run to open the control panel (and everything else I don't have pinned in my start menu) because my startmenu has been broken for months

Yeah I have this exact problem

nope. I haven't had any real issues with Windows 10. Just make sure to update when it tells you to instead of being a dumb ass and ignoring it.

>>optimised for games
LOL. I have better frame rates on Win7 compared to my friend whom has the same hardware but uses Win10. He also has occasional stutters and other shit.

How do you a activate Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation without buying a key? KMS tools doesn't work.

Attached: 1521252180623.jpg (886x596, 286K)

>Evaluation
You can't. Get the proper VL iso of either LTSB (recommended), or CB/B.

yes

what can i do if W7's support over
i don't give a shit about linux or penguin

this OS is just too perfect for me
But W10 has been give a so much shit on me
W 8.1 is awkward

7 is supported until October 2021.

W10 Education N + OOS here

With Win7 I had problems with getting the USB3 ports to work and other driver related problems.
After my SSD had died, I decided to switch.

Windows is based.
Mac is for hipsters, elitists and normies = good.
Linux is for fedorafags.

Did you call microsoft support to fix your problem?

Actual tests show W10 has better framerates.

I don't want headaches.

Quite the opposite, Windows 8 and 10 have a 4GB VRAM allocation limit in DX9, which makes everything stutter like hell, especially on higher resolutions. Windows 7 doesnt have this problem.

>DX9

That shit came out in 2007, with DX10 and 11 replacing it sometime in 2010 or 2011. Graphics cards didn't have 4GB of VRAM until 2013.

And? That doesn't mean I should limit my GPU to only 4GB in those titles just because Winblows8/10 are crap.

lets get real for a moment. You install windows 10 in about 45 minutes and for most linuxes its about the same but remember. Biggest base linuxes are about 1 gigabytes or 2 while windows 10 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On the linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On windows though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that the linux does not have. You have those two buttons in the linux, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. Linux is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. Just not sure why people still buy android while windows phone does 10 times more. Trust me. When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os

Attached: Windows-10-GodMode.png (600x315, 557K)

>October 2021
source?

Look for WES and ThinPC support.

DX9 games don't use 4GB ram. That's like complaining that Windows 95 doesn't work when you have 8GB of RAM. Windows 95 doesn't even come close to 8GB of ram

They do at 1440p.

>it just werkz

Attached: something-happened.jpg (720x351, 17K)

>windows cannot into updates
this meme needs to die, at least when the counter argument is gnu/loonix. ffs the distros, all of them, have no regard for backward compatibility. after a few updates, which are numerous a day on your popular distro, sth definitely goes fubar, and then needs a few hours of tinkering and googling in order to fix. gnu/loonix is only good when installed once, configured and then left alone for the rest of its life - namely servers. or for autists on mommy/government tab with too much time on their hands. other than that, the only good thing to ever come out of linux is android, and that's a fucking joke in itself. with windows when sth goes wrong, there's a rollback option, at least most of the time. macos is gnu/loonix for people focused on productivity. gnu/loonix is a masturbation cult, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

My "unsupported" Sandy Bridge is slaying that sweet Windows 10 ass
all day every day.

>optimized
Boots slower than my KDE distro. And you still need to wait 5 minutes until all botnet loads and updates itself. Then another 10 minutes for programs to run on normal speed.

>Optimized for games

Attached: 1480395976615.jpg (640x640, 141K)

INSTALL GENTOO DEGENERATE FAGGOT

Attached: installgentoo.png (1440x900, 189K)

>optimized
I don't think that word means what you think it means. It's impossible to optimize software and games for an operating system that runs across literally millions of different devices. Developers don't have time for that. You see, with Macs, there are only three to six "modern" models at any given time, so developers have no problem compiling their software specifically for each machine and its architecture/chipset, in order to squeeze the most performance out of the hardware and the operating system. But with Windows, you can't really do that because there are millions of devices. Instead you have a bunch of one-size-fits-all binaries that really don't fit all... there is a lot of inefficient code and software because of this, and unfortunately there's no other way.

I recommend you check out what optimization actually is, if you're a novice programmer. It will be very helpful to your career later in life.

I hate win 10 and its botnet and survalence as much as you, but I have a solution to the startup problems.

just never turn it off.

I can tell you're exaggerating (or running Windows on a toaster) but generally yes I see your point and I agree. It's a bloated mess that takes too long.

>never turn the botnet off
The less time it spends awake, the longer it takes for it to gain sentience. Do your part. Shut down Windows when you're done.

Windows is horribly bloated.The amount of time you have to spend to get rid of all the useless pre-included softwares,invasive settings,and services is astonishing.Pic utterly unrelated.

Attached: Selection_032.png (753x759, 489K)

How can you make a list like that and not mention that Windows ships with hardly any useful drivers?

Put another way, it ships with functional and good GPU drivers for any manufacturer except noVidia, because youtube.com/watch?v=iYWzMvlj2RQ

Name a DX9 game that doesn't support DX 10, 11, or 12. And goes above 4GB Vram usage at 1440p

Linux is the opposite spectrum which I find worse.

Anime

>4GB VRAM allocation limit in DX9
reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/6xorpu/windows_10_directx9_4gb_vram_cap_will_be_lifted/

>>optimised for games
not a single game from pre 2010 era worked on w10 except steam based games. Fucking disgusting, i need to buy another 2009 era beast to play my favorite titles, what the actual fuck?

linux with wine is the true older games machine

Can't find it on wikipedia.

Most people i know uses it (because i came reinstalled with their new computers) and work pretty bad, most of the time it has background processes only god and microsoft knows what the do and even if they don't use a lot of ram or CPU (sometimes they do) they use the storage drive at nearly 100% most of the time. One day when i noticed the the update process has been using a lot of cpu and hard drive resources i stopped the windows update service and the fucking thing restarted itself suddenly. Honestly i don't know what is microsoft's idea of "optimization" then, if any the third party programs are "optimized" for windows because of it's huge marketshare but honestly i don't feel W10 is optimized for anything.

if a game needs more than 4GB of VRAM, the developers need to write a separate DX11 or OGL4.5 renderer for it

any GPU that doesn't support DX11 or OGL4.5 is guaranteed to have ≤ 4GB of VRAM

>optimised for games
Why do retards like you never stop to substantiate their claims before pressing "submit"? What in the fuck gave you this idea?

>i only used Windows 10 at launch and/or just parrot what I see other people say about Win 10
Why do you care so much about fitting in on an online message board?

>optimized for games

PCs are tools for work, not manchild toys.

tbqh I wouldn't make the switch until RS5. So many problems have been fixed/are being fixed with the upcoming update. Which pretty much aligns with those who are wanting the 2019 LGBT edition.
It really just cements the point that they launched 10 way too early.

Windows 7 beats the hell out of Win10 in everything you described, other than maybe 2-3 extra FPS on games.

And you don't have to have literal viruses running along with it.

PCs are for everything.
Except when you're running windows 10.

pcs are made to shitpost on Sup Forums and watch animay you normalfag

>Windows 7 beats the hell out of Win10 in everything you described
I mean, 7 is great, but you literally have to go through update hell to get it up to pace, which contradicts the entire point of "it beats everything you just described including it just werkz".
>inb4 just dont update
Sure I love wannacry too.

>It has no drivers.
Are you retarded? Win10 has an absurd amount of drivers. It hooks up literally everything that isn't two-decade-old office peripherals out of the box.
Like, it isn't a question of liking or hating Win10 - saying "it has no drivers" is essentially denying reality. A shitload of drivers is one of its main features.

Yes, its a downside of the installation of the system, but at least you can choose which ones to install, instead of getting your system bricked by some crappy update, as happened several, several, several times before in all the windows versions.

Win 7 has worse drivers, worse game compatibility, worse UI performance. I also want to say Win10 is better at distributing RAM around, but it's based on personal experience rather than actual testing.
Win 7 is a capable OS, but it doesn't "beat the hell out of" Win 10 in anything. You can have your GUI preferences, ricing bloat, and what's not - this isn't "beating the hell out". Now, Win 10 being overreliant on the Internet connection is a valid concern, but not of a "beating the hell out of" tier.
You are basically a retarded child who takes Internet memes literally and has no opinion of his own, as he either had never bothered to see what Win 10 actually is, or installed it just to literally "REEE" at the screen and uninstall it immediately. You're kind of a guy who would post "hey, Sup Forums, I've tried out %name - tell me what should I think about it?" unironically.
>just dont update
Vanilla Win7 is an insecure piece of shit, desu. It won't need wannacry to die on the Internet.

>as happened several, several, several times
Please do tell an insider, how his Windows 10 was bricked by updates "several, several times".

Seriously this

user, you have no idea what you're talking about. Like, literally. Like, not even kidding. Most of the shit you've listed were built in into Windows since 7. 10 only misses a couple of them.

>PCs are tools for work
Win 10 is the most universal development platform currently.
Win 10 runs the best office software.
Win 10 runs the best 3D/image editing/drawing software.

Alcohol is evil.

((( by default ))) user please read it again, win 10 does comes with no drivers and requires muh mobo cd installation disk