I seriously miss the good ole days of Windows 7. Windows XP was good but did have some issues...

I seriously miss the good ole days of Windows 7. Windows XP was good but did have some issues, Windows Vista was complete shit, but I feel that Windows 7 perfected the formula. And then they ruined everything with Windows 8.

Windows 7 was the peak of Windows, we will never get another great OS out of Microsoft. We have 2 years left with it, enjoy it while you can.

Attached: win7.jpg (1600x1000, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AlexeyZ7/windows-7-sources
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do people act like 2020 is tomorrow?

Because the entirety of Sup Forums is a circle jerk. Remember?

I'm still using windows 7 with 0 issues, on a M.2 SSD and Ryzen with updates and everything working no less. All you have to do is bypass microsoft's bullshit

Same thing here except i'm on a samsung evo instead

There will be literally no viable reason to stop using it post-2020 either

Me personally i will pirate some full version of kasperksy, slap it on the OS and call it a day. Maybe subscribe to a crucial security RSS bulletin too to get alerts if new win7 vulnerabilities are found somewhere

Win10 is fucking garbage... All my friends use it, call me a scrub for using 7 and then whinge and complain when everything is broken, usually because of a windows update... Also one friend DDU cleared his Windows "nvidia" drivers that auto-installs which was something like 8gb of versions... Anyways, his framerate almost doubled in some games.

7 was terrible and I'm glad it will be dead soon

>Some kike CEO saying something is dead means you cannot use it anymore

The literal macfag mindset

I bet you think old cars are less reliable than ""modern"" ones too

>Windows XP was good but did have some issues

The only thing with XP is that the gui was a bit clunky.

>miss the good ole days of Windows 7
I don't, because I use it, right now!

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2560x1440, 1.14M)

>literally no viable reason
Security patches would help.

>Femanon

Why would a woman shitpost on Sup Forums? Why not knit with your friends, ride a horse or do some other silly girl thing?

7 has a lot of flaws, specially for newer hardware, even if you apply a lot of 3rd party fixes, your performance is highly affected

>knit
Idk how.

>ride a horse
It's -6 degrees Celsius and snowing. Are you in your right mind? Also I don't own a horse nor live in the countryside.

>do some other silly girl thing
Shitposting on Sup Forums. It's a borad for Sup Forumsirls afterall.

Fuck off namefag go suck off Tyrone

>not patching zerodays yourself

Where would I get Windows 7 source code

Иди нa хyй!

Examples?

Due to all the telemetry data being sent to microsoft and the potential that has for giving windows installations a larger attack surface our company is changing all its desktops to OpenBSD. Our servers are linux. Windows is now really just an operating system for gamers and big coorporations with a lot of money. Gamers becaus they need windows for those games and big corps because who the fuck else can afford enterprise 10?

>woman

Attached: 1467490378541.png (200x200, 17K)

>needing access to the source code to modify programs

Because 2016 was yesterday.

>Windows Vista was complete shit, but I feel that Windows 7 perfected the formula.
Windows Vista is nearly identical to 7. The only reason you think Vista is shit is because you're listening to people who either did not like the changes it made from XP, or had low-end computers at the time and tried to run Vista. If you like 7 you like Vista.

У тeбя кacтpюля cпoлзлa, yёбищe.

try running a new chipset , whether it be intel or not on windows 7.
Mostly on AMD, the same hardware on idle has between 5-10% CPU usage while on windows 10 you have at most 3%,probably when updating.
Also blue-screens, you have to eat a lot of shit to say that on windows 10 you occur the same amount or more blue screen than on windows 7.Also problems after you put your PC on sleep/hibernate,etc...Overall non-compatible drivers.

Windows 10 is nowhere near the best OS, there is none,but it has some nice things about it ,one that comes to mind is WSL, which (for the most part, there are still a lot of "bugs") removes the need for a VM if you develop cross-platform, saves a huge load of unnecessary performance issues.It's true that you have to use a non-LTSB version to have WSL, but(specially for enterprise) you can definitely tweak the amount of data sent either from your OS or through your local network.People who say that you can't fully tweak windows 10 don't know what they're talking about,if you tweak it properly you probably send less data than windows 7 or even a shitty linux distro like Ubuntu.

Windows longhorn. Vista was the unfinished version of it. 7 was finished.

It's more than justified to diss an unfinished product. What kind of fool are you?

What is unfinished?
>diss
What?

Are you telling me that I should open up a hex editor and start poking numbers in

No,2017 was yesterday.
2018 is today and 2019 is tomorrow. 2020 is the day after tomorrow.

Yes.

Or better yet, read up on what the fuck those magical security patches you install without a question do, and what attack vectors exist for the things you're running on your computer. Not running random EXEs and updating your browser/media player will prevent 95% of issues, configuring your setup properly and not storing critical data on a Windows installation of all fucking things will take care of the rest. Otherwise, installing the 700MB update which fixes an issue with network printers opening XPS files while in an Arabic timezone and the date set to 1970 won't help much.

Attached: 3VryNkx.png (1920x1027, 174K)

half of Sup Forums is still on windows 7, fuck you for updating to 10 and then crying "muh nostalgia I miss the simple old days". Shut the fuck up and revert back to 7 like everyone else.

>I'm in an Arabic timezone
Which patch

Hi Yulia

Hello (:

Nice google translate

Or use an OS that respects your freedom. There is no reason to still get fucked by Microsoft.

not the subject of debate right now, please check your autism.

That "freedome" comes with the price of being in the ass to work with if you want to do things you specifically run windows for.

You claimed half of Sup Forums uses Windows. That is retarded.

Such as?

>Windows Vista was complete shit
Nice bait, Vista was and still is the best Windows

All of the software you want to use only working on Windows or macOS is a pretty huge reason.

Yeah, it's probably closer to 80%.

You want to be used by your computer. Just admit it.
Maybe if you count the Sup Forumstards.

Yes, wanting to do my fucking job or do what I need with it means I want to be used by it. Oh shit, you got me.

>everyone complains about Windows 10 problems
>I own 3 computers with windows 10 that have no problems
>my mom's windows 10 computer has no problems

I'm starting to think all the people who have, or know people with, problems are either shills or retards.

Not only do you want to be used by your software, but you want to be abused by an employer. Sad!

>You claimed half of Sup Forums uses Windows
I said half of Sup Forums uses windows 7.
>people cant use multiple operating systems
Im in a windows vm right now that is running on a linux host. You are a plebbit tier autist that probably does nothing more than rice mpv.
Quit trying to force your bullshit on other people. This is a windows thread, we are in here talking about windows shit.

Or maybe your standards are even lower than your mom's.

>I said half of Sup Forums uses windows 7.
Windows 7 is a Windows distro.
>This is a windows thread, we are in here talking about windows shit.
Take it to Sup Forums.

I consider no icons in the file picker a problem.

>Windows 7 is a Windows distro.
and yet all windows distros arnt windows 7
>Take it to Sup Forums.
how about you take your sorry ass back to Sup Forums. We are discussing tech.

>and yet all windows distros arnt windows 7
But that doesn't preclude 7 from the discussion of Windows.

>reverse :)
confirmed attention whore

what industry are you in? and what does your company do?

we are discussing 7 and xp, not 98, not 10, and not linux, macos, ios, or android.
once again, check your autism.

Oh well (:

So how was I wrong to say we are discussing Windows?

Using it right now, works perfectly fine. Not planning to switch either. I do feel some nostalgia for XP, but 7 is objectively better.

Too bad they didn't just keep updating XP to Windows 7 features for workstations.
Make VIsta a seperate offshoot which evolved into 8.1/w10 for mobile.

:c I can tuck it if you want...

Russia, someone posted the kernel source on github, but the files have been blanked.
github.com/AlexeyZ7/windows-7-sources

>Also blue-screens
In my entire win7 time I did have 1 (ONE) blue screen.

by going off about linux

I didn't break any rules by doing that.

right, but nobody cares, so once again, check your autism.

You obviously care a bit.

I'm still using Win XP. I'm thinking eventually I'll get a chromebook for web browsing and continue using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note taking with WordPad.

Nice pasta.

You obviously have no concept of when a discussion should be over. You started talking about Linux distros in a Windows 7 thread, then stated you didn't break the rules. This is why nobody likes you, because you're an insufferable social nothing with no idea how to communicate with others in an informal setting.

No, I have just not met your expectations. Failure to adapt to dynamic social interactions is a sign of autism.

not really, that's why I just keep polity telling you to check your autism.
>Failure to adapt to dynamic social interactions is a sign of autism.
no, trying to constantly inject your interests into an unrelated conversation is a sign of autism

Hes either too autistic to understand what just happened or hes just playing around at this point. Either way I'm done with the conversation and Id encourage everyone else to be as well.

Only GNOMEfags will experience this

Because GNU+Linux is a OS.
Jesus Christ you people are more retarded then console fags.
>Stop talking about PCs for gaming this is a console discussion.
Its like people are not supposed to tell you there are other OSs

Attached: YOU.png (690x968, 272K)

Yulia, do you have the source code?

No :(

is yulia /ourgirl/ ?

It's okay, I believe someone from Russia will leak the source when they get tired of Windows 10 and move to ReactOS.

>usually because of a windows update
Fucking hell I have 10 on my laptop and the updates brick it regularly

I was actually converted to win 8.1 over 7. Until a late game and very major update bug, raped it.

I couldn't amass the energy to fix my baby. So on to 10.

How is Windows 10?

>Its like people are not supposed to tell you there are other OSs
Have you heard the good news? Our lord and savoiur has returned!
youre worse than mormons. Do you really think anyone who has spent more than 5 minutes on Sup Forums doesn't know that there are different operating systems?
Nobody gave a fuck then and nobody gave a fuck now. This is a windows thread, fuck off.

Nice shilling.
To stupid to format and reinstall?

Windows doesn't belong on Sup Forums. Go to Microsoft's forum, pajeet.

you dont belong on Sup Forums. Go back to plebit or whatever god forsaken blog you crawled out of.

I like it. It settled into a very cool little OS. A first it felt like the new non-control panel settings was going to suck. But after reigning her in, you never need to go back.

Also little things that I must have learned to live with in 7 aren't problems anymore.

> This is a windows thread
It literally is not!
The OP is moaning how he misses win 7 and talks about other OSs (other windows versions).

Its not even specified to be only talking about windows versions.
Seriously I did have derails of my threads on Sup Forums with irrelevant nonsense and retarded MEMEs even despite the fact that I specified the parameters of the thread.

And you are going to bitch about a minor divination?
To a constrain that was never specified?

Looks like a typical win shill trying to force one conclusion
>Oh win7 is getting old
>Time to get the new win10 OS goy.

>Stop taking about linux REEEEE

I had some beginner learning tweaks that I ticked up early tweaks. Once I had her purring like your mom's vagina a few weeks later, I was completely fine with how I put the OS back together and was grooving with it.

I just didn't want to put the effort into updating it and recreating my space. I too have no life, but I had better shit to do than start fresh.

Ah, good to hear. I'm going to try LTSB 2016 and write a lot of debloat/anti spying scripts.

>Also little things that I must have learned to live with in 7 aren't problems anymore.
What were some problems in Windows 7?

>I called op a retard for using 10 and said to use 7 which at this point requires piracy
>I MUST be a windows shill
good job retard

>I called op a retard
HEY look everyone has the username Anonymous.

> to use 7 which at this point requires piracy
The fuck?
I still have my win7, legaly.
The fuck are you talking about?

What piracy are you talking about?

It had to be a display problem that I never really ran into quite as much. Because I used win7 basic and stripped everything else down (services and group policies).

For instance Starcraft II was running like deal at first. So I was going crazy swapping shit in 10 to Windows 7 compatibility mode. And my hardware acceleration just limped along again as usual.

Once I actually trusted Win10 to do the work. All I had to do was play mix and match with the drivers for separate chipset components. One thing that's irking me is that anything to do with Google adb is a hassle every since I messed with the driver signing setting.

>effort into updating it and recreating my space
The fuck are you talking about?
>recreating my space
???
What are you on?
>but I had better shit
And starting fresh with win10 is somehow different?
How?

Anyone who is not formatting and reinstalling windows every year should not be allowed to post here.
These people lack the technical knowledge to be here.

you cant buy 7 keys from the proper channels anymore. You either have to buy reused keys that have been preauthorized for reuse by what amounts to fraud (calling in and larping like you rebuilt a computer and dont intend to sell the key but selling it anyway is lying to them) or use some form of activator. There MAY be some real keys in circulation still that have yet to be used, but those are often oem keys and are a slightly more cucked version of windows.

at anyrate, you have to by from resellers and MS themselves wont let you buy it anymore.

2020 is just a year. Just cause support stops don't mean you gotta stop running Windows 7. Keep your firewall and antivirus on and lock down open ports to only essential ones and you'll be good. Hardware wise your still good to. USB and SATA ain't going anywhere (most shit is still USB 2.0 for god sake) and 7 supports GPT so even if they make a 30TB sata drive you can still use it in Windows 7 with zero issues. So unless your running a pos board with only USB 2 and SATA 1 you ain't got a thing to worry about. The only reason it makes since to upgrade hardware is if your a gamer who likes to play the latest games or plan to play newer games as they come out. For older games pretty much anything now will render them with power to spare.

Yeah. Windows 10 was new meat. I can learn an OS easier by fucking shit up and having to fix it. Instead of reinstalling twice a week.

By the time, I have everything I messed up by mistake working again. I have a more informed view of what I can and cannot get away with.

I have fun negroing around with an OS. To me it's the little things that work and don't work on the sandy bridge chipset and how I can optimize it far enough not to poss off the OS.

It's not a sterile environment and I like trying new stuff, but still very peculiar and set in my ways when it comes to my libraries. Excuse me for liking a certain way of doing shit, with programs and systems that I prefer.

I forgot, autism blood boils quicker when he knows somebody is not doing the exact same things he's doing with his OS.

Is a new windows version with a "classic" Windows 7 style interface without ANYTHING resembling a mobile Windows 8 / 10 interface too much to ask? Also choosing which updates you do and don't download / install. That is all I want and I'll upgrade.

I was under the impression that everyone who used windows did have a legit key.

Also with the disaster that was 8 and 10 only retards would not gotten a real key while it was still legit to get one.

>what amounts to fraud
Kind of.
Its hard for them to prove you wrong.
Also fraud is not piracy.

t. win10 shill

You are acting retarded and literally using a spyware botnet OS.
Nothing you say can save this.

This is not Windows ME or 8.0 we are talking about.
You literally did not explain anything.
>autism blood boils quicker when he knows somebody is not doing the exact same things he's doing with his OS.
Try SysAdmin blood and Power users blood and people who literally need to get shit working in their lives and/or.

You explain nothing and you act retarded.
Want something different to play around?
Get one of the obscure Linux distros or some fucked in the ass DE.

You fail on all levels.
This defense can be sued for every bad windows version except 10 because 10 is literal botnet.

Want to use OSs like toys?
Pick a Linux distro at random far more hardcore then windowses non changes.