Glam Metal/ Hair Metal appreciation thread

Glam Metal/ Hair Metal appreciation thread

Most based genre of all time, Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard, Steel Panther, whatever works

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lEhgNW-l2Ys
youtube.com/watch?v=VuGzJVKtW6g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Death to all but metal has the best lyrics from any song

W.A.S.P.
A.
S.
P.

Steel Panther make good songs but they're posers.

Steel Panther is pretty gnarly from a comedic standpoint and Satchel is a fucking amazing guitarist imo
But they wear wigs so 0/10

Name a better album
Protip: you can't

Yeah, as I said they're posers.

Only true glam metal from this point on.

Anyway, what about French blackened symphonic martial industrial glamcore? Is that good?

What went wrong?

Any Glam/Hair metal works

Clearly they weren't having enough sex at the time
That's the reason most Glam Metal bands fade off

we need to bring glam back to the masses

That's kinda what Steel Panther is trying to do by making Hair/Glam metal relevant again

No they're not, they're trying to leech off of its bad reputation by making fun of it.

Nah, they're just making comedic remarks of the stereotypes of the genre while still keeping the hair metal tone as Def Leppard and Motley Crue
They're not leeching off of it if that's the same way old hair metal bands acted and preformed, they were around in the 80s but only got popular recently, so all their music is genuine

I alwasy had a fetish for chicks with big hair, i would have been in heaven in the 80's with the big poofy hair women had.....

Anyways, hair metal is only allowed to come back as ironic wink wink hair metal like steel panther and the darkness in 2016, plus sjw's would have heart attacks from all the heterosexual masculinity

youtube.com/watch?v=lEhgNW-l2Ys

Glam metal bands scared christian fundamentalists back then, and that only made them cooler. SJWs are the new millenium's christian fundies. Nobody takes them seriously except college professors.

>i always had a fetish for chicks with big hair
Same
Can you actually imagine blasing "Death to all But Metal" at an SJW rally and seeing how fast everyone gets triggered

right here

"If you want to get unlimited sex; grow your hair out, learn to shred, and wear spandex!"
-Satchel from Steel Panther

>learn to shred
damn
that's actually pretty tough.

Here's the thing though: I only want sex from girls like Lita over here

is that also Marianne Gravatte or is it another chick?

Shredding isn't as hard as it's meant out it be
Learn how to pick up and down on eHi and B
Git gud at HOPO's (Hammer On's/ Pull Off's)
And mix a bit of tapping in their to get that shredding sound

Ok what about bass?
The best glam men (Nikki and Blackie) are bassists.
can I pick up floofy girls with a bass?

Try to steal the singers spotlight during a song (like Lexxi Foxx does) and show off your big 'ol bass to the crowd
Oh and wear Spandex

Sigue Sigue Sputnik aren't metal, but they fit right in with the aesthetic, and even gave it a slight cyberpunk edge.

I really wish another band would pick up their electroglam gimmick but with actually good songwriting.

Tawny Kitaen.

pic related is Marianne.

BUMP

she aged more gracefully, but I still prefer Marianne.

I really hope that glam/hair metal will start making a return soon

>Tawny
>not Tawni
she missed out on making her name 20% sexier.

Right now the only chicks who appear in Glam Metal videos are cheap scene sluts.

If it gets going, it's gonna need top-notch girls like this and the exact same aesthetic as before.

im 15 and im sick of hearing people complain all teens dont know good music i love rock metal 80s all that were a small group but us young rockers are out there trying to keep rock alive and our children will be raised in a rock n roll environment, my favorite band is Guns n roses, im seeing anthrax, megadeth slipknot and slayer in july WE ARE OUT THERE!!!! WE ARE A LEIGON!!! LONG LIVE ROCK!

That's very weak false-flagging, /bleep/fag.

18+
Memes aside, i feel ya, my little bro is the same way

STOP!

I CAN'T EVEN FUCKING TELL WHETHER THE POSTERS IN THIS THREAD ARE BEING SERIOUS OR NOT! I DON'T LIKE THIS A SINGLE BIT! FUCKING STOP IT!

Try again

>ITT: millenial faggots fetishizing the past don't realize that glam was literally the "scenecore" shit from the 80s

It had a similar same social status. But it's better on every other level.

Top kek

dude, stop with the samefagging
You're really not as subtle as you think you are.

youre really not as smart as you think you are

Actually only
And
Were me

I guess not. but I'm still smart enough to detect a shitpost when I see one.

Whatever helps you sleep at night

>I'm smart enough to detect a shitpost when I see one

that's like being the coolest kid with down syndrome...
way to go!

I can at least appreciate the fact that you're opting for another angle when the weak-ass false-flagging failed.

Some less clever shitposters would have clung to the same tactic throughout the whole conversation.

"heh, nothing personnel kid but i can see through you with my sharangan"
Thats literally what you sound like, just give up

people who dismiss Steel Panther don't realize that they are literally head and shoulders about 90% of the shit that came out during the glam period

name 12 decent glam metal albums from at least 6 different bands
>protip, you can't

Now you're using the stale edge/weeb meme?
God damn, what's it gonna be next? Fedora-tipping? Frogposting?

Do singles count ?

District lack of Hanoi Rocks in this thread

Hey, how about instead of arguing over the internet on a glam metal appreciation thread; just go outside

some fedora-tipping would fit your posts i cant argue

I'm not calling you a mongoloid but

The Headless Children
The Crimson Idol
Shout at the Devil
Under Lock and Key
License to Thrill
Invasion of your Privacy
Get it While it's Hot
Call of the Wild
First Licks
Trash
Dr Feelgood
The Last Temptation

And I'd top it off with Antichrist Superstar, which ended the trend for good.

no.
every respectable genre of metal has more than a dozen "essentials"
glam has a handful at best, and the fact that they are mostly singles with nothing but filler surrounding them speaks volumes

no, you're just trying to bring the argument back to the topic of samefagging as if proving that you're two different shitposters prevented you from being shitposters.

>argument
Please have sex

theres no argument you fuck, i just posted a shitty yt comment and youre still butthurt over it

>speaks volumes
not really. It just means that Glam was focused on singles and usually cheap. And also that not many bands in the genre achieved enough popularity or cult status to be remembered and documented widely, because they didn't have hundreds of autistic fans trading tapes of their music to make sure it stayed relevant.

Oh hey, if you're still too brain dead to believe we're 2 different people, Mimi (the Sup Forums app I use) highlights what you posted

What the fuck is this thread? I thought we told all you poptimist faggots to leave? Trying to hide your usual taste of awful music behind nostalgia won't work.

he's not wrong though...

Try again

Does anyone knoe any good modern glam metal bands other than Steel Panther ?

Motionless in White
Black Veil Brides
Falling in Reverse
Escape the Fate

>....do you understand now?

>Glam/Hair metal
Literally all the bands you listed are emo garbage

Black Veil Brides' second album is relatively glam-rock. It's also pretty hard-rock and a bit metalcore.

youtube.com/watch?v=VuGzJVKtW6g

Their fanbase is definitely emo, but they deliberately remove themselves from that crowd when they can. They try not to associate with the name and all of the other bands they listed.

>thatsthejoke.tiff
if you still don't realize that glam was the emo garbage of its time, you need to finish high school

>preforms about how much pussy they get and how much sex they have
>emo
Please have sex

>implying lyrical content had anything to do with cultural context
please grow up