WEBSHITS BTFO: WASM/XAML in the browser

Golden age of web development is coming soon.

Proof of concept here: s3.amazonaws.com/praeclarum.org/wasm/index.html

Attached: 7415d88d178848f6a1c93df00c75657c.jpg (640x362, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/compare.php?lang=csharpcore&lang2=node
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>loading unknown assembly file into web browser
yeah sure.

you gonna extrapolate exactly what's so special about this shit?

looks like shit you can shit out with a tagged template or jsx.

I took forever to load in my browser, what is the point? Is this a slide thread?

If you're going to jerk yourself off about your new favourite web-whatever could you at least elaborate about it's merits?

Just download and run a fucking executable.

Golden age of exploits is coming soon.

>he never heard about asm.js and how it failed to replace native JS.

Web Assembly will be relevant only in resource demanding things like games or autocad-like 3D rendering. JS will still remain the dominant language in Web-development.

no. literally hundreds of thousands of man hours were put into creating useful but secure interactive applications that can be sourced from some random site.

"downloading an executable" requires way too much effort to make safe, secure and maintainable.

how? wasm is just a new IR that exposes the exact same limits and functionality that V8 or SpiderMonkey offer up to js. maybe it will be slightly more performant in meme edge cases, but that's only because the horribly monstrous javascript parser and optimizer won't be involved anymore.

So... It is like writing Java byte-code, right? Some sort of VM will be integrated in browsers?

>Java byte-code
almost as if we were loading Java applications in the browser!

Why not use normal Java then?

Java is already supported by all major browsers. However Java-machine has to be installed on user's computer, which is impossible task for IQ < 90 internet users (~80% of them).

Did you ever use WPF?
I do and want to blow my fucking brains out.
teleric+prism makes it somewhat bearable

because normal java is not secure for uses that javascript is made for. oracle can throw around as many buzzwords about security all they want, but they even gave up on the idea of secure java webapplets.

WASM is nothing like Java other than being literally a new TARGET for the fucking JIT/Interpreter that javascript uses.

jesus fucking christ.

Early stages, mein nigga. There's room for optimizations there.

This isn't java or flash.

> JS will still remain the dominant language in Web-development.

This is what webshits believe.

>loading unknown assembly file into web browser

But loading javascript everywhere is fine, right? :^)

This failed to load on my tablet, so it's useless

Yeh, Javascript is non-free botnet language, user, but compiled wasm blobs are totally transparent and trustable.

Attached: 15194164709980.jpg (225x224, 23K)

xaml is cancer. this is a bad thing

I'm not sure why people shit on XAML. I know we're on Sup Forums where everything is exaggerated, but it's really great in WPF. It's pretty good idea to have your GUI and application logic separate, and WPF allows for some pretty great functionality.

I like it too though I am not sure we are getting System.Xaml tier bindings. That aside, XAML styling is harder and generates more soup than HTMl+CSS

sun fucked all that up

it's gonna be Java applets all over again

Attached: 1324717715294.jpg (441x492, 49K)

it's not assembly, it's web assembly. It's more like bytecode for a VM than actual assembly.
>implying minified js is any more readable that de-compiled wasm

If it is a standard API, I am pretty sure anyone including myself can bring the wasm back to written text in any PL

yeah but then you have to use WPF

>Wasm uses XAML so I have to use WPF
Are you retarded?

>he doesn't know how to use dev tools to butify minified code
>literally just one push of a button

Not rly an argument.

Just decompile wasm

Seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. There are already plenty of frameworks for front end UI and languages that compile to JS so you don't have to write it directly. Razor/Blazor already exist if you want to fuck with having your .NET backend code and business logic mixed in with your frontend UI (which IMO should be avoided at all costs).

Furthermore every front end dev already know JS, some sort of framework, css, HTML, etc, all of which are agnostic to the backend architecture and technology stack, whereas this would limit you to .NET specifically.

It's neat, but good luck getting anyone other than hobbyists on board with this.

>benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/compare.php?lang=csharpcore&lang2=node

THE PROMISE OF A GOLDEN AGE IS OVER!!1

impressive

Attached: kill.png (576x424, 3K)