Can someone give me a quick rundown on why Australia's Internet access is so bad?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on why Australia's Internet access is so bad?

Attached: matrixbog.jpg (644x632, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eNEeq5qGh8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>hundreds of miles from nearest civilization with good civil internet access
gee, I wonder...

hmm...

>an out of the way island with a big-ass desert in the middle
Really makes you wonder

it's a barren land

roos

We should have let the kangaroos have it.

australian telecom is a monopoly worse than the comcast cartel in america, it recieves massive state subsidies and misappropriates money intended to be used to improve the infrastructure because they know there will be no repurcussions, they also massively bribe the shit out of politicians to kill any legislation intended to fix things, because then they might lose their ability to charge $20 for 100mb of wireless data.

kim dotcom actually attempted to put $100,000,000 down (a pretty big deal considering he's not even a billionaire) to get fiber lines installed, and the australian government agressively blocked it because of telecom lobbying

Because their masters don't care. I'm in New Zealand and I have a literal fucking gigabit connection.

>20au$/100mb
and I thought Belgium was bad...here the two only companies charge 30€/month for 100gb and 50 for unlimited. For all our neighbours limited access is a thing of the past since 2000.

brb, moving to En Zed to hang with my cuzzy bros.

Would and American be happy in Australia

>land size
7.692 million km^2
>population density
3.2 people/km^2

Gee I wonder

you think the people are evenly spread out? everyone lives on the coast

How can Belgium be so bad?
>400mbps+basic television
>13.5 euros per month
>eastern european cuntry

We had this in America at one point with the phone company Bell. They broke it up in the 70s or maybe the 80s.

Why won't Strayans do the same?

Kangaroos keep chomping at the cables

It's more likely to be these cunts.

Attached: Galah.jpg (1262x1203, 188K)

few good links to the outside world. you'll notice speed to your ISP is pretty good but it turns to shit once you head overseas.

it's too profitable for the guy running the company.

the last head of Telstra stayed for six months and left with a payout of something like half a billion dollars. he basically did nothing during that time.

Attached: sharks.jpg (1115x1971, 200K)

>finberg

Attached: mitchell giggle.jpg (500x548, 41K)

Which is why most cities in new Zealand have at least 300mbps, if not gigabit

basically we relied on DSL connections for far too long and then when it was time to finally change politics bungled it up and now we're left with a bloated project that works for some and not for others.

Not to forget these cute critters.
youtube.com/watch?v=eNEeq5qGh8I

Because the vast majority our towns etc. are so fucking far apart and with small populations in the majority of them. Running high speed broadband to them costs a lot just to service tens if sometimes maybe a few hundred households. In the inner city areas is where they should've gone more balls to the walls with better infrastructure and then made working their way towards the rural regions using more or less fixed-wireless as they are currently but re-working the metro areas where the majority of the traffic and backhauls are needed. Also you have areas like in South Australia and other states where some of the "towns" are literally 30-60 people living there, and the government has to roll out fiber a few hundred kms between places just to service those people as part of their guarantee.

>Something is bad!
>I know, blame the roos!
When will it end

Funny having speeds this adequate and a rating this high

Attached: 1510086278426.png (350x200, 15K)

Shit... and I'm supposed to be right next to an NBN node, whatever the fuck that means.

Attached: temp.jpg (512x157, 13K)

>Belgium
>eastern european cuntry

Attached: 4L_ci9SlcKm.jpg (1920x1080, 67K)

Stupid.

>Rothschilds bow to Bogdanoffs
>In contact with aliens
>Possess psychic-like abilities
>Control france with an iron but fair fist

lol, mines near the bus stop, a good five minute walk away

nz is life

Work fine for me, mate

Attached: sketch1521128799446.png (1890x1080, 479K)

Hmm...

Because there are 2 ways to split

1) Split ISP and infrastructure company, any ISP can have access to infrastructure as long as they pay for it and are committed to upgrading/maintenance.

2) Monipolist gets to keep infrastructure paid by taxpayers, milks it until it's horribly outdated and competing ISPs are at a disvantage since they have to pay their competitor or spend massive amounts of money to create own infrastructure and you end up with big cities where there are 2 or 3 fibers to every building and shit DSL in every other city.

>gigabit
that would be 125KB/s ?

who measures network speed in bytes

sane people