Describe the album you're working on and anons will tell you if they would listen to it or not

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m3ESV9M8yTg
droopies.bandcamp.com/releases
vocaroo.com/i/s0I4Nhk7VXRQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

12-track chillwave album with elements of progressive rock, jazz and trip-hop. Has various guest vocalists, bass guitar, electric guitar, live and electronic drums, samples and shit tons of reverb and delay plugins. Going to release on bandcamp in July.

Doesn't sound like I'd like it at all but I'd still give it a shot

Sounds something like Laika or Bowery Electric, would listen

Same to what this guy said except I believe it has the potential to be good

This seems super ambitious, but I'd give it a fair listen.

The inspiration for my newest album is:
Similar style to Gas - Pop, ambient/drone with a 4/4 kick and minimal percussion on most tracks, but with a bit more noise
Trying to convey the detached feeling of Jane - Berserker
Trying to get the density of Wilting Sun's track Flox in places

Crescendo core with wanky guitar solos, shitty space synth and tight phat rap verses.

OP here, gonna say:

>disturbing, quiet, and sad drone folk albums with elements of field recordings, musique concrete, EAI, lowercase, ambient techno, IDM, and minimalism
>intersection of Steve Roden's Speak No More About The Leaves, Graham Lambkin's Salmon Run, Arthur Russell's World Of Echo, Bjork's Vespertine, any Natural Snow Buildings, and The Microphones' Mount Eerie

Nah not for me, mate

Would listen but probably not LOVE

just clicked this thread because of orchid, sorry

Well yeah duh who wouldn't

>tfw will never make an album as good as DT!, RT! or Gatefold

it sucks

Post synth punk, revivalist techno pop album produced with modular synths and acoustic instrumentation. Technically intricate but colorfully and organically textured industrial rhythmic soundscapes with ethereal deep female vocals and harsh screeching high male leads out of a romanticized power electronics.

a distorted noisy digital mess.

Blackened noisegrind with harsh noise interludes. It's gonna be shit.

Would listen

Acoustic guitar with field recoding/lowercase as back ground noise vocals have light distortion and/or samples of old radio plays/50s news broadcasts

Dark folk with heavy synth. It's a concept album about the nature of addiction. Currently titled "Beautiful Monster"

lo-fi sadboi hardcore/post punk I guess idk what the fuck to call it

thanks man
this might be interesting

it's a 6 track EP that's like 12 minutes long

vocals w heavy reverb/delay and buried in the mix, guitar interplay, fuzzy bass

some boris-flood era influenced noise-rock/drone with a few poppy synths and glitchy samples

The drone dance thing - better than ignoring it, I guess.
Your stuff sounds like a lot going on at once, but it sounds pretty awesome.

8 songs of fast industrial beats with wavy and heavy synth riffs/guitars with screaming vocals all made on my iPad releasing in 2 weeks

a concept album about the creation of a concept album about the creation of a concept album about dinosaurs

A neoclassical/art rock concept album, made by 10 instrumental piano track supported by simple bass lines and filled with some guitar riff, rare drums and maybe some strings. It will be a journey from obscurity to light, from chaos to order. I think it'll sound like the latest Einaudi's album, but less emotional, with a tendency to slow core in the 1st side and ending with a very long crescendo leading to a joyful piece of music.
Out in November.

Some kind of noise pop with huge STGSTV inflences but with far less drums and more noise

would listen, who would you say are the biggest influences on your sound

osama bin laden

rude

im interested

rude

So I dunno where else to ask so I'll try here.
How do I get into music? In the past two years I've become really really inspired to get into jazz, and become a jazz musician of some kind. I just don't know where to get started. Any tips or steps in the right direction?

Just find friends who love jazz too, start playing with them or meet other jazz musicians like in concerts and such

It kind of has a foundation in the 80's new wave movement. I've got a really cool and unique guitar sound that fits right in that is actually a heavily processed bass. Lyrics about a lost love and kind of feeling lost in life. Slight ambient influences, but only in the background. Recorded to tape.

find a jam session, get cut, shed, repeat until someone offers you a gig. then gig.

I replicated a woman out of mince meat and recorded myself fucking it for about 2 hours.

you have my attention, where can i listen to this

a mixtape filled with lame, simple noise and ambient on one side and on the other side, similar noise and ambient but this time, with beats on and I rap.

3 reasons why it sounds lame -
I'm not good at describing what I do
I suck at marketing
and it is lame

It's not finished yet but I have a song about minced meat in a more general sense. It's german tho

still interested

It's old tho

youtube.com/watch?v=m3ESV9M8yTg

this is cool as hell
kidna reminds me of scroobius pip or whatever he goes by

It's a double LP
The first half is experimental triphop mixed with shoegaze and emo.
The second half is a mix of crunk, triphop,underground rap,hardcore techno, pop punk, bigbeat, synthpop, and breakbeats

>twinkle emo
>very math-heavy
>screamoesque spoken word/rap
>very little rhyming, more poetry
>some screaming at practically random moments
>only vocals, guitar and bass, both instruments adhering to the same 'feel' but playing entirely different things.

Wipers, Lync, Number Girl, Iceage's first 2 records and I guess 90s post-hc like Drive Like Jehu and what not

this fine specimen of summery edge was not me btw

Slower progressive rock album that replaces the lead guitar with a viola. It's lyrics are focused on sadder subjects and the passing of time.

forgot to mention it's a christian album

drug fueled experimental dystopian vaporwave with an emphasis on videogames and nostalgia for simpler times with an accompanying 360 video where you can sit on a small pink island with a plastic palm tree on a purple ocean and watch the sunset through a CRT monitor

as long as you got moaning female voices on loop on one track this should be a 10/10

Lo-fi bedroom folk with drum machines, minimal synth-type parts and found sounds

supposed to be noise pop but i have no idea how to add in pop elements

right now it sounds like noisy electronica

Death Country

I only have a few songs in the works now but I'm going for a lo-fi, shoegaze/dream pop, space rock, psych sound. Kinda like Cocteau Twins mixed with Duster and Sweet Trip I guess.

I'm pretty new to production still so I might just record a bunch of stuff and use my MPC to chop it up and put it all together.

Hip Hop mixtape with a good friend about his struggle with drugs.He is rapping I am producing.

Black metal with a lot of jazz elements and funk rythmics

If you advertise it as that I will probably listen to it.

noise interlaced with various harpsichord recordings I did (Im untrained). Noise is sourced from my throat, airplane engines, my apartment, etc. and manipulated into the noise.

fuzzy indie rock with clarinet, trumpet and thrombone harmonizing parts, kinda drone-ish, mostly instrumentals

Just shill it on /noise/

Sounds like pavement

>and tight phat rap verses.
you got me intersted, care to share more information?

lo fi garage/punk duo with math and post hardcore influences. minimal effects, short simple songs, honest angry vocals, very rhythmically in sync

Incoherent spoken word over quiet simple bass lines with no other accompaniment. So far, I'm shooting for an hour over eleven tracks.

Blackened noise album that focuses primarily on using the raw data from pictures of people that have killed themselves as samples. It's probably gonna such tho.

This thread is for music not recording jet engines and turning knobs until it sounds like shit

Neo-psych meets posts-punk in a flowing, highly conceptual 40 minute LP.

15 track follow up to the album we released last year,
-songs are on average 1 minute longer each
-more layers/melodies/lead bits/complimentary vocals
-overall better sound quality,
-smarter drum microphone schemes etc
-bass player
droopies.bandcamp.com/releases

Instrumental Industrial Hip Hop album with harsh noise and black metal influences, mostly sounds like pic related without the rapping over it. 10 tracks long.

dope

waddup NAH

I don't even remember what NAH was about now

Live album with acoustic songs.

sounds boring and depressing t b h but who knows

>sounds boring and depressing
That's what I'm going for. :^)

why though? can you post an example of what you're going for?

meme rap

"I'm 16 and what is music" the album

rap with a flow and rhyme structure like DOOM on trap instrumentals

Bubblegum IDM with funky jazz fusion bass guitar and sound collage elements. A Squarepusher ripoff basically.

10/10 already would listen

vocaroo.com/i/s0I4Nhk7VXRQ
Would you guys listen to music like this

very experimental user, you have an unorthodox flow, this is some refreshing left-field music

I haven't started writing, but have an idea for an album concept based around isolation.

one side a 20-or-so-minute piece using electronically distorted recordings of places one might feel alone, i.e. a crowded area or field, and some melodies within the piece. Kind of similar to Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast.

The other half just three or four tracks based around the theme of isolation and growing old alone.

lol

It seems you misread the question, try again sweaty (:

>sweaty

It's olay sweatheart, I forgive you

>olay

Is love too played out a subject or theme to toy with in music? I feel so boring when a lot of my notebook comprises of ramblings and short poems about moments of passion

o sweaty u just can't keep up wit tha memes ((:

Yes