Uni

/uni/ thread
How are you doing, user.

Attached: 1521421453478.jpg (720x569, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bitdegree.ca/index.php?Program=NET&Section=Home
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I recently started comparing exams from my uni to their equivalent from US colleges including some very very respectable ones and realized that education in the US is a joke!

Where are you from? I am in the UK, and I am happy that 75% here is considered "first" when in the US it would be like 2.9

FUCK YOU

Attached: 1521014991088.jpg (1135x800, 543K)

its 70 for a first and 58 for a 2:2 at my uni

>he fell for the uni meme
lmao

>take year and a half to work and get money to afford uni
>arrive in winter to community college
>enroll in some of the classes that are obligatory for uni transfer
>english, calc 1, etc.
>calc class was 40 at beginning of semester
>now 16, only 10 of which show up on time

How the fuck is the attrition rate so bad? Calc 1 is obligatory for anything that isn't "fine arts"

It isn't though

> self taught

Attached: 1521422251761.jpg (300x400, 71K)

I'm fucked. I spent all spring break posting on Sup Forums. Not even Monday yet and they already assigned project after projects + hw
I love CS but damn. I just want to get out of my basement and become normal. 1 more year to go.

Attached: Uni_Feels.jpg (209x250, 7K)

Maybe lecturer is shit and people just read notes at home.

I have a 2.6% attendance and am comfortably getting a first. Lectures are a meme. Half my lecturers can't even speak English to a comprehensible level.

reply to my fucking emails the assignment is due tonight

Failing over and over again made me drop out of college and destroyed every trace of self-esteem in me. Now I'm an useless NEET without reasons to live.

>fell for the uni meme
Good luck getting a job without a fucking diploma

I'm from Israel, university here is heck of a lot tougher than both US and UK.

soon to graduate with a shitty 3.1 gpa and only 1 internship with 0 connections & networking done

Attached: cdc.jpg (577x537, 32K)

about to do that with no internships

theoretical physics final exams in 2 months
hold me Sup Forums

Blacks occupy library, constantly shouting and making it impossible to study. Till recently computer class was ok, but it is now overrun by either indians or pakis, probably second. I know it is not pol, but I want to die.

Attached: raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.jpg (360x360, 18K)

> How are you doing, user.
I am finishing a group project in nodejs and mongodb. The frontend guys used react and the backend guys (the shit has some more complex functions beyond CRUD bookkeeping which we abstracted to a separate service) built it in Java. Last semester I had a group project in Go. We had an entire module for UML and "OOP design". And another on "software engineering practices".

You tell me how I'm doing, because personally I just want to die and/or switch to EE

story behind this?

Sure it is yid

I finally get to actually work on something this semester so it's been pretty fun. I graduate from my associates course in a month and a half, but I'm still not sure if I want to go onto get my bachelors or just start looking for a job.

Attached: 33e2737ad9.png (1413x570, 903K)

are these lectures out of date ? will i learn anything from them ?

Having a hard time actually. I know fuck all what's going on here. Particularly the shit with the P3P2P1P0. The author basically just goes bippidy boppidy boo for the entire book.

I'm too brainlet for this shit.

Attached: IMG_4863.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

How do you do an internship and not get connections? I did an internship at a National Research Institute and just got to know all the researchers there. PhD people are usually willing to take people under their wing. I got a prestigious internship and my grad school admission easily that way.

yeah my uni turned to shit since a change in leadership last year. Ever since then they started accepting more "diversity" students. It's very rare that I can find a quiet place to study on campus. The library is DEFINITELY out of the question. I'm usually better off just going home.

Computer Engineering student graduating in May with a 3.6gpa. I want to move to Boston or some big city but too afraid of leaving my house

I entered my CS major in 2011, haven't graduated yet. I am a fucking cancer in my family's life.

>mfw i am in literal retard hell
>Subhumans barely learning standard deviations
>They wonder why their shit visual studio-assisted shitcode is throwing errors when they are trying to throw some fucking strings at integer variables.
>EVERYONE motherfucking failed a linked lists project

Please for the love of god help me

Attached: 675465523523.png (795x781, 443K)

>Visual Studio brainlets can't program
go figure

Attached: 8e6.png (828x801, 149K)

I've been here since 2015 and I just became a sophomore last semester.

Attached: 1494312931145.png (522x747, 210K)

about to graduate with 4.0 gpa 3 internships, 10 million projects, and 0 connections / networking done so in the same boat of 'entry level hell' as everyone else

Slacking off on my shit might get bad grades but in surprisingly good at half adding shit the last day

Took 2 semesters leave of absence and might have to take an extra year because I kept failing my classes on purpose. My high school classmates/friends will be 2 years ahead of me at that point.

Faggot Jew

One semester to go. Sick of staring at shit like this all day, every day. I just don't care any more.

Attached: FUCKTHIS.png (1161x769, 77K)

>because I kept failing my classes on purpose.
Y-yeah, mine was on purpose, too...

Attached: lXSWGjR.png (1092x1037, 65K)

I didn't do any homeworks and didn't show up for any exams for several classes. I was mentally fucked up and sort of still am.

A friend from high school is doing his PhD right now in the same university where I study, I might have him giving classes to me any semester now. I often consider killing myself, not just for this, but for other things that life rubs on my face for being so late making progress in it.

I'm on the same sinking boat, user.

>keep procrastinating in community college calc and now have an 85%
really hope I can turn this around. Even tonight I wanted to read the material and do some problems, but I haven't started yet.

Attached: 1488349551906.png (404x399, 9K)

Turn off your computer, or turn off networking

21 and never went to college making 6 figures in US.

How's that debt, plebs? I bought an xbox one and switch the other day after blowing off any responsibility.

>2018
>debt slaving brick and mortar university

Attached: 1518743555080.jpg (492x388, 39K)

Everyone has their own path, man. How'd you do it, though?

Doing alright so far. Got a B in my oop class. Feels bad.

>I bought an xbox one and switch the other day

Attached: 1517824747866.png (1159x665, 231K)

We have "free" university where I live, and those are better than the private ones because the government overpays professors and, there being no payments on the part of students, only the best among the hundreds of thousands of candidates pass the admission tests

That was until they decided to implement "affirmative actions", though

>he fell for the PhDs with no industry experience meme

nice connections

Get the bachelors. I'm too lazy too look it up but I think the statistics is 60% + who finish two year programs will never earn a higher degree. Stay on for the bachelor's now so you don't have to jump the hurdle of figuring out how to pay, where to live, how to get to class, etc. down the line... again. It never gets easier to go back.

Got hammered in HS as a failure over and over and carried that over to College. Now I can't even muster the self-esteem and determinatination to try again after failing once. Nowadays I mostly cut my classes to work as a freelance technician. Setting up diskless computer shops, VM-centric offices and even those overkill gaymen-centric desktops that people drop a fortune for Minecraft and CSGO. The people here are retarded so the pay is really goddamn good. (750-1250 USD/Mo) Add to the fact that my classmates who already graduated are having trouble finding jobs (1-3 years of NEEThood only to land as a minimum wage receptionist, call center agent,
Office casual, janitor, etc) and my desire to graduate even diminishes more.

where do you live?

Busted my ass for three years at a job out of highschool, used it as a learning playground for anything and everything that future employers wanted as desired skills. Your ambition is your only limit, and your ability to sacrifice your time(many late nights, weekly).

I'll be on the level with you. I hate my job now, and I am counting down the days until I can quit (non-compete clause). I am bored out of my fucking mind, hate the tech I am working with, and the zealots who I work with who can't imagine doing anything more complex than a shell script.

I've been working on a new tech stack that reflects how we actually use computers (or desire to). I am excited to reinvest the money into something that doesn't just benefit me, and to eventually correct the "screw the consumer" mindset.

much easier than a PC. I hit the button and go without dicking with every setting. Value your time.

Attached: be1.gif (500x240, 499K)

What is that 2:2 and 2:1 shit that i hear about from the UK?

That is in no way sustainable pay, or even livable beyond the scope of you being a loser during college...
That equates to less than 13K a year.

We're all fucked up your just lazy.

My personality is close to that of Patrick Bateman and you don't see me going on an axe murder spree or writing myself a ticket off the boat.

Attached: tumblr_ozdle81OSE1qblgdfo1_500.gif (500x281, 994K)

Im not in uni yet but was planning on getting this degree.

bitdegree.ca/index.php?Program=NET&Section=Home

I'm hoping to becoming a network engineer. Any thoughts?

Sounds fantastic. Stick to it and use itpro TV to boost yourself along.

Get into VMs/kvm early. Virtual networking is just as important as the stack.

Brazil lel

Thanks, it finally feels good not to just get "do a cs degree" . I've already started to learn programing in python and PowerShell. But I'm fucking shit autistic at PowerShell.

Well yeah I know that. But the standards of living here are so horrid it baffles me how people here even survive. If I do continue this path I'll probably start a retail part shop in an area where the highest end GPU available is the GT730. This is a country where the minimum wage is 200 USD/mo. My aunts and uncles earn around 450 USD/mo. Hey at least the amneties for living here are cheap. A full course meal here costs around 1.35 USD. Water costs around 10 USD/Mo and Electricity costs around 0.04c/Kwh. Economy here sucks ass.

Where is here

I have a coding assignment due in 6 and a half hours and I have yet to make proper headway

Attached: Bi7wykqCIAEzM_6.jpg (599x599, 30K)

What country is that?

The Philippines. No IT or CS companies here whatsoever.

Then you're fine.

>spend time on degree instead of building good portfolio
>nobody cares about your dime a dozen degree anyway
Hope it was worth it

Looks like there's a CPU diagram somewhere showing mux/enable lines for bus access/moving shit around to registers.

Just finished some history essay for my lower liberal class. Holy shit, if I had do papers for my major I'd kill myself.

Why not just unlist the videos in the meantime?

Is it bring your homeless bum to work day? Sure looks like it in that picture

That's the spirit!

I even feel that my parents wanna pull me out of college. Since they have deep connections with the government evading tax cuts should be ez.

You're all fucking retarded for falling for the university meme. What a bunch of morons.

I already finished but I think I fucked up. My classes were really easy and they didn't make us program anything complex. I've been out of school for two years and haven't gotten a job. I should write something but I have no ideas

Attached: jew.gif (208x200, 378K)

Technion? Fellow sufferer?
Because if so, fuck Infi 1m and fuck Algebra 1m, might as well add in that Physics 1p can go get assfucked too.

Here in Italy it has become literally impossible to get a job without a degree.
It shouldn't be like this, but unfortunately it is.

Likewise in Spain

I just go home because the freshmen students think that the quiet study space individual rooms are a miniature hotel where they can meet their friends and talk (protip: contrary to popular freshman belief, these rooms are not soundproof, at all) and they're also doing construction.

There's a couple shit courses, but overall it's a pretty solid, real CS program, unlike the other major university in town which is just daycare for adults.

Attached: -1.jpg (650x433, 92K)

You get a lot of jobs on the Germany, but you have to slave for 4 years before you start to make good money. Also good German is required.

>30 hours left until graduation
>Tired of indian professors and incompetent professors
>Fall semester, found out one my professor was a student teacher and a hard ass grader.
>decided not to attend school this semester after having a bad semester of professors
>deciding on doing certification exams and go from there
I don't want to go back to college, I'm tired of this shit. I'd rather do programming on my own now. I'll just touch up my old homework assignments and projects on my github. Do some freelance and do my certs.

Attached: 1521334194498.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Just wondering, can I pull the race card to get somewhere? I actually want to work and I'm black.

Attached: 1521402572395.jpg (1440x810, 107K)

daily reminder that in like 2006 you could literally make $150,000 doing html in dreamweaver and then pajeet ruined it for everyone.

Anyone who's considering a 'career' in this in 2018 is making a big mistake.

I have a decent job now, it just doesn't pay an insane amount (2.500€ per month after taxes). Which is actually a lot if you compare it to the rest of Spanien. (40.000€ yearly).
Heard some Danish guy say the living prices were similar up there but you'd earn at least 5.000€ a month as a fresh comp engi.
Guess I could also ask my company to move me to Germany. But I like my country and feel like it's my duty to take care of it

Attached: sueldoine1.jpg (625x357, 38K)

I got my free IT diploma in Russia and now working in Japan. ^;)

Yes, get your degree and go to a career fair, you'll have them schlormping your weenus real quick

>Just wondering, can I pull the race card to get somewhere? I actually want to work and I'm black.
Yes, you can in most Ivy universities, and in any big tech company in California.
Even better if you're a woman or a tranny.

One year away from finishing my PhD in engineering in a foreign university. I have participated I international. Inferences and currently working on my second publication. Still, doesn’t feel like I am doing good, I feel quite average compared to my peers in the PhD program.

I'm not in california, I'm actually in Texas. After 10 years on being on Sup Forums I've started browsing Sup Forums for the past few years. I just want to work and if I have to pull the race card to work I'll do it. I won't be some retard that's in the industry boasting about being a black programmer. I just want to work that's all.

Attached: 1518867905473.png (1280x720, 718K)

Also fuck autocorrect in this device.

I meant “international conferences “

Doing really well in calc III and stats, but circuit theory is kicking my ass. Circuit analysis started off really simple then just ramped up to absolute fuck-you difficulty out of nowhere.

Attached: 1507147267832.png (576x597, 60K)

Bruh I can pirate you a book my professor made for my microarchitecture class.

dropped out. you?

you don't need to go to uni to get a programming job
but apparently if you want to make more than minimum wage you do fucking kill me
I have more practical experience than all the people in my year who could afford to go to college and they'll all be making more than me a in a few years
just end my life
I cant believe people apparently graduate with degrees and cant pass fizzbuzz interview tests and im going to be in poverty for the rest of my life because i dont share their piece of paper

Attached: .jpg (1280x720, 84K)

>you?
Not retarded.

Thinking about it with 30 hours left.

Attached: 1519459187537.png (788x720, 361K)

>failing linked lists

So, I'm not the most versed in linked lists, but I thought they were just a struct that contained a pointer to the next instance of data?

Or are they literal retards?

never too late to go back, user.

Chris?