How does Sup Forums feel about this film?

How does Sup Forums feel about this film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LcAME_Hs9mg
youtube.com/watch?v=4y48U3_ZIZ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it was okay

I like it the more and more I think about it. I had a very groggy and upset feeling while watching it, although that was probably intentional

i liked it

i liked it

I really liked it. Enough to watch it 3 times. I don't ever do that anymore

The theme showing Jon as an aspiring musician who could never come up with good ideas while it came effortlessly for his friends really hit home with me.

Loved it

I liked it the first time watching it, then the second time i realized how awful it was

Elaborate, friendo

Not good. I feel like it was made by people who actually dont like music, and especially dont know anything about Expieriemental. Gave a claustrophobic and unsettling vibe. You could see the movie tries to satire pretentiousness, but it was a pretty prententious movie in itself.

The music was awesome. Michael Fassbender was great. I think the whole first half of the movie was really good, but the second half pretty much sucked. Way too much mood whiplash. I also kind of like Domhnall Gleeson and Maggie Gyllenhall as actors but they were both incredibly annoying in the movie,

Overall I think the creators should have taken a little more time with it. It feels like an unfinished, rushed movie.

Same. It was almost ethereal in a non-cliche way. That's somehing that no filmmaker seems to have the guts to do nowadays.

Kinda reminds me of movies like "her" and "lobster" somethings out of the ordinary

really enjoyed it

The promo performance on either Colbert or Stewart was cringe as fuck. Never saw it. Also, Maggie Gyllenhall bothers me in every movie aside from Donnie Darko.

woosh

I liked it.

This x100. I'm actually trying to come up with a list of movies with that general tone. Any other suggestions? Birdman is also kind of there.

Iktf bro. This movie punched me in the nexus of my emotions more than anything I've watched recently.

mmh maybe "Anomalisa", "Truman show", "Submarine"

hard to describe that tone

actually what have you got so far?

oh "Mr. Nobody"

i feel you on this. i envied the sick setup frank's band had in the studio. I always feel like if i had a good setup and not some dinky digital synths ideas would flow more easily.

A lot of P.T. Anderson's movies have that tone for me, especially Inherent Vice.

8/10

theremins are pretty neat

the only ones who don't like it are the ones who don't realize that the main character is actually supposed to be the bad guy.

i do believe this is atleast somewhat tru

could you elaborate?

That's fairly obvious, isn't it?

I don't see it that way
what does he do that's "bad" besides being neurotic?

youtube.com/watch?v=LcAME_Hs9mg

The sooner you stop telling yourself this, the happier you'll be down the road.

>I feel like it was made by people who actually dont like music, and especially dont know anything about Expieriemental

it was written by the keyboardist from Frank Sidebottom's Oh Blimey Big Band

youtube.com/watch?v=4y48U3_ZIZ4

Don't limit yourself because of the equipment you have. Make art with what's at your disposal; save up for new gear in the meantime.

I think he is referring to the ginger, not the guy with the mask.

the main character, as in the guy you first see who becomes the new band member--NOT Frank--is introduced seemingly as the protagonist but what a lot of people don't get is that as it goes on the film is trying to show more and more how all he does is fuck everything up and in the final scene they all realize that Frank and the band can only survive without the MC.

I've seen people say "this movie is just trying to be lolsoindie/quirky!!!" but that's not the case, it's a message about how popularity and fans and money aren't what matter, the best music comes from a genuine place of emotion and artistic genius and also a little craziness.

Not quite as good as Her, but nice.

Primer
Upstream Color
Alps
Dogtooth
Computer Chess
Synecdoche New York
Man Bites Dog (sorta)
Sonatine (sorta)
Entertainment
In Bruges (sorta)
Nightcrawler

second this

oh i thought you meant frank, yea the keyboardist is a cancer on the band

the music was shit but that's pretty bvious for a movie like this
michael fassbender is based as fuck th

Shitty film

It's not a film. It's a movie at best.

redpill me on this meme

Nightcrawler is GOAT

The main character, the Red headed guy, isn't necessarily the bad guy but he's definitely the antagonist. He basically tries to get the band to sell out the whole time and doesn't really understand the reason that they make music, which isn't fame and success but out of camaraderie and friendship. He has his reasons and you can see his POV, but he's definitely the antagonist