PS4 emulator

Didn't people say that it would be very easy as the processor and the video card have the same architecture as a X86 PC?

Where is the emulator?

Attached: preview.png (896x620, 225K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AlexAltea/orbital
web.archive.org/web/20130517194502/http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132032
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_(microarchitecture)#Consoles
youtu.be/-AoHGJ1g9aM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>listening to idiots on Sup Forums
Games require approval from the trusted execution bit before they run, no one is going to be able to run a PS4 game until they figure out how to bypass this, which is extremely unlikely. ARM's TrustZone system makes for an incredibly competent DRM.

>Didn't people say that it would be very easy as the processor and the video card have the same architecture as a X86 PC?
who said that faggot

A lot of people were saying that when the PS4 came out. They were mostly from Sup Forums or reddit though.

You believe everything you read on Sup Forums and reddit?

It's almost like there's more to writing an emulator than just translating CPU instructions!

No. Where did I imply I did?

>They were mostly from Sup Forums or reddit though.
You should have thought about this before posting. Just think about it.
>No. Where did I imply I did?
By asking the stupid question in the first place, you did.

I'm not OP you fucking retard.

It is in very very early development. github.com/AlexAltea/orbital

>implying you can tell who's who on an anonymous forum
How would his not knowing that make him a fucking retard?

Context clues, user. Tone of voice. This is highschool English stuff.

Architecture is still different enough that you can't just try to run some X86 bytecode and expect it to work. PS4s and Xbones have way faster memory than conventional computers and we'd have no way to easily deal with that (Besides a video card with a lot of memory, I dunno). For example Xbones have something like 11GB of GDDR5 unified system memory. I guess that could fit on a 1080Ti, but who knows if that's even possible? I mean, look at the original Xbox. It's x86 but HLE emulators are always gonna be balls.

Just because it's pc like it won't magically make it possible to emulate it. See xbox related emulator. They even posses windows like elements, but that still doesn't mean shit for emulators.

Sure, that's how we got an xbox emulator so easil... Oh wait, it's been 17 years and there's still no stable emulator.

>ARM
Stop, just stop.

>Didn't people say that it would be very easy as the processor and the video card have the same architecture as a X86 PC?
Did you forget about the original xbox, dipshit? Where's the emulator for that?

PSP uses a Cortex A5 core as a TEE.
Are you clueless, user?

github.com/AlexAltea/orbital

that's what some said about the original xbox as well (also mostly-pc x86 hardware)

So...? It still doesn't make the process easy just because it's x86.

web.archive.org/web/20130517194502/http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132032

>tone of voice
>in a text

>Context clues, user. Tone of voice. This is highschool English stuff.

Do they really ""teach"" shit like that in the united states? Lmao
Do they also teach you how to eat with a knife and fork?

The fact that he even assumed on an obviously anonymous board. You both are retarded.

you are adding less sense to your argue every time you tipping.

And this is why you shouldn't post Sup Forums garbage here.
Fuck off.

The first Xbox had a x86 architecture and it is yet to be emulated properly. Especially its GPU is practically not documented and only accessible through a special DirectX API. Also, given the lack of exclusivities, the motivation to make such an emulator is not really there.

No, go. Actually refute the argument before I shove my ARM up your ASS.

Original Xbones shipped with DDR3 apparently.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_(microarchitecture)#Consoles

>you're now reminded of the redditor who destroyed a xbox dev kit to put a modern pc in the case

Why would anyone emulate PS4? There are no exclusive games.

Why would you need a ps4 emulator? The games are officially ported to Windows anyways.

Nintendo 64 emulation isnt even perfect yet and you think emulating a ps4 is as easy as that ?

Yare yare
Never said it was impossible. I meant it wasn't more possible than a "normal" emulator. Aka it needs time, lot of time. To reverse enginer it or to understand how it works.

Attached: danbooru.donmai.us 3024172 1girl absurdres blonde_hair chain commentary cosplay fang fang_out hat hi (2200x3111, 2.72M)

They only thought me how to use a spoon in Yurop REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ps3 is pretty stable. Also 64 is lacking interest as of late.
While ps4 still has a lot of exclusive

It's completely obliterated already.

The CPU part is easy.
The GPU and ARM coprocessor are hell on earth.

Nope.
People said it was going to be easier to develop compared to trying to develop a PS4 one. Give it six years

>A lot of exclusive

Attached: laughing spittake.webm (1280x720, 681K)

I do miss stuff like ratchet and god of war and some others

We're waiting for you to get started

Sorry for spam. Sup Forums said connection error. But it seems it did send it.

Attached: 12219461_1512996745693373_4518250222763380065_n.jpg (600x600, 37K)

>competent DRM

Attached: dunce19.jpg (600x600, 29K)

In time I'll learn to forgive you.

Your posts also kinda feel like how sony makes games, creates one good game, then releases it 2 more times and bleeds it dry

Lmao that is why there are dozens of PS3 emulators

>the processor and the video card have the same architecture as a X86 PC?

so does this and we don't have an OG Xbox emulator yet... sadly, would be bitchin' as fuck playing Ninja Gaiden Black, Metal Wolf Chaos, and Phantom Dust upscaled to 4k.

Attached: 1200px-Xbox-console[1].jpg (1200x552, 75K)

>so does this and we don't have an OG Xbox emulator yet... sadly
Yea we do, there was og xbox emul within a year.

Phantom Dust already has a windows port, the real jewels we want from xbox are gunvalkyrie, panzer dragoon orta and jet set radio future.

Bloodborne?

>og xbox emul within a year.
XQEMU? That shit ain't capable of playing anything.

The cpu is an off-the-shelf celeron, the problem is the gpu which is a custom geforce 3 with a little bit of geforce 4 sprinkled on it, and it's apparently impossible to gain information on it, rendering emulation more or less impossible.

The nforce chipset too is quite esoteric
As are normal nvidia GPUs

It's a MCPX, not a nForce, but I might be wrong.

The chipset is nforce based, but all the emulation come to standstill because of the custom GPU. It's possible to emulate and interface with every other component, it's the gpu emulation thats troublesome.

You do realize that GDDR5 is basically the same as DDR4?

The nforce chipsets are also called MCP
Isn't the actual reason more that nobody wants to work on the emulator?

I don't know honestly. I havent kept up with this in years. Last I remembered, is the GPU being problematic, which made emulation very difficult.
Maybe development just fizzled out as time went and everything became too old to give a damn about.

>not posting the fixed version

Attached: 1515603263884.png (1800x1800, 547K)

>Tone of voice.
>you fucking retard

Attached: 1514311589052.png (519x843, 418K)

>Isn't the actual reason more that nobody wants to work on the emulator?
I'm sure that's a big part. There's probably very little motivation.

PS4 has a second cpu with ARM architecture fl handle the OS and DRM, retard

>rpcs3 depends on Qt
Fucking bloatfags

Attached: gay dinosaur.png (558x891, 99K)

don't say upscaled. Say "rendered at." Upscaling is simply making a lower rendering resolution look decent on a higher resolution screen.

Worth it for the Sup Forums tears it spawned :)

Why would anybody work on an emulator when all the games are on PC anyway? Is there any reason you want to play call of duty at 10 FPS instead of 60?

For the Xbone you'd have a point, but there are a lot of weeb games on PS4 that haven't been released on other platforms because Japs can't into PC development.

Who was the cunt that kept finding ways to jail break iphones and reverse engineer consoles?, how much hassle did he fall into?, how many lawsuits?, how much harassment?, ffs I think they added clauses to the tos to specifically prohibit trying to modify or dump code from consoles and apple devices.

And aside from the time and money spent trying to learn the inner workings of a console from scratch, now there is a lot of proprietary code and signatures in place to prevent and discourage fucking around, the only reason rpcs3 is working is because some documentation got "accidentally" leaked, without proper documentation no one would waste time trying to emulate a console with 2 or 3 games worth playing.

No, actually it's ddr3 with huge latency on a fuckwide bus for.

The people who are capable of breaking into consoles often don't play games at all.
Dude who first cracked the Nintendo Switch proudly proclaimed he never played a single game on it :)

Any PS4 game worth playing is already on PC

Then why did Sony reserve 3 cores for it in the beginning?

Thank you. It bugs me when people say that.

don't ask me
youtu.be/-AoHGJ1g9aM

Why bother making an emulating for a system that has no games?

But muh Bloodborne, muh Horiozn Zero Physics, muh timed exclusives

Wipeout on the PS4 is one of the best video games ever made.

Why bother posting on fagchan when reddit does the same thing?

Why bother installing google chrome when you can use wget?

Fuck off back to Sup Forumseddit.

Because wget doesn't report your activity out of the box.