Jason Rohrer

>Masters degree in AI
>writes original games in C++ on a pentium 1
>doesn't believe in intellectual property so releases his games into public domain
>lives frugally on 20,000/year, supporting his family
>doesn't mow his lawn because the smell of cut grass is disturbing
>very intelligent, humble and soft-spoken
>not insane like Terry

is he the hero we need?

Attached: Jason_Rohrer_-_Game_Developers_Conference_2011_-_Day_2_(2).jpg (1599x1064, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hcsoftware.sourceforge.net/jason-rohrer/freeDistribution.html
youtube.com/watch?v=n3o0HFXPfco
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you cant support your family on 20k a year. sounds like a deadbeat dad

grow your own food.
get clothes from charity stores.
use the bus.

Based

Mow your fucking lawn

Why there are none of his game that i can apt install?
Is he a Jew?

>doesn't believe in intellectual property
it's real

to be more precise, he doesn't believe in copyright of digital goods which is different to intellectual property entirely.

hcsoftware.sourceforge.net/jason-rohrer/freeDistribution.html

just havin' a laugh m8

pretty inspirational guy

>owning a lawn

Fucking colonials still imitating european nobility, even after we threw them out.
Protip: wasting a large amount of land on grass is a statement of how much land you own. Look at me, I can afford my land to be totally useless and only produce grass that I won't even use for animals, I am so rich!! It makes no sense for american workers to do that. Make a garden.

What if he poops in his grass? He won’t waste money on the water from a toilet.

I downloaded mute and shared my music library on it.

As far as searching for files....its pretty trash can't find anything that you can find on even them most pleb of sharing sites...

unfit to have a family
should not have children

Why should we care how one lives? I like Terry because he has done so much by himself. I wish I had that drive.
Writing games in C++ sounds fun, though. Especially, when you need to optimize it for it to run at all.

hello
hello
hello
hello

Attached: 1492643298191.jpg (360x237, 43K)

fuck c++, go c.

I don't give a shit about someone's personal life. Is the stuff he's creating actually useful?

>From 2004 until 2011 he practiced simple living, stating in 2009 that his family of four had an annual budget of less than $14,500. They have since relocated from Las Cruces, New Mexico to Davis, California

There's no way he can afford to live in SoCal on that budget

>doesn't mow his lawn
I enjoy mowing my lawn with an electric lawnmower. It's difficult for me to process why a man doesn't like to mow his lawn.

>not insane
Not YET, but I think there are some warning signs.

Anyways, is programming your own games from scratch in C++ still practical when game engines like Unity and Unreal Engine exist?

The thing about the smell reminded me of something I heard. I believe the smell is released as something like pain for the grass. It's to let other grass know that it's dying or being cut or whatever. I may be retelling this in a weird way, though, and I was hearing it retold by a guy who read the article, I didn't read it myself.

How come he has kids and you don't, user? And if you do have kids, why are you being a deadbeat Dad on Sup Forums?

I'm 21

What? I love the smell of fresh cut grass

>is programming your own games from scratch in C++ still practical when game engines like Unity and Unreal Engine exist?
Is painting practical when things like cameras exist?

>game dev
>Is the stuff he's creating actually useful?
user...

This isn't really a good comparison. For painting vs. cameras, you either paint whatever you want, or you have to take photos of things that already exist. With programming from scratch vs. building on top of an already existing game engine, in both cases you can build whatever you want.

Wrong. And even so, it comes at a cost. In both cases btw, the burden is just elsewhere.

But how does he feel regarding African-American CIA employees?

this may be outdated severely, but last I heard he had a rich patron

it's more like making your own canvas from flax and paintbrushes from your asshair.

>doesn't mow his lawn

Attached: lawnmower.jpg (2560x1536, 1.17M)

I think it's implied he stopped doing it.

i can't imagine what it's like to be okay with living in "the city"
you gotta be really poor for that

he only lives with his husband (who is actually the breadwinner lol), read his facebook

Attached: 1520026455322.jpg (800x600, 169K)

>lives frugally on 20,000/year, supporting his family
>wears a $120,000 watch.

Attached: 1521469850215.png (143x91, 26K)

Sounds like an autist of the bad kind to me

Are any of his games good though

Here's one of them youtube.com/watch?v=n3o0HFXPfco

>it's more like making your own paintbrushes from your asshair.

Hue hue hue

tfw allergic to grass