THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

anandtech.com/show/12546/nvidia-unveils-rtx-technology-real-time-ray-tracing-acceleration-for-volta-gpus-and-later

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

Attached: gdc_2018_pre_brief_deck_1521168014-4.png (2400x1350, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/12546/nvidia-unveils-rtx-technology-real-time-ray-tracing-acceleration-for-volta-gpus-and-later
pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-TITAN-V-Review-Part-2-Compute-Performance/Rendering-and-Compute-Perfor
twitter.com/tonroosendaal/status/943845517301338113
digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-explains-its-monster-radeon-pro-ssg/
anandtech.com/show/12547/expanding-directx-12-microsoft-announces-directx-raytracing
highperformancegraphics.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/Papers-Session1/HPG2017_SpatiotemporalVarianceGuidedFiltering.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>anandtech.com/show/12546/nvidia-unveils-rtx-technology-real-time-ray-tracing-acceleration-for-volta-gpus-and-later
If new (affordable) and reasoned consumer volta cards don't release in a week, this will be all for not. Also, the compute stack on them better not be gimp'd. Quite the scant details on a presentation that had an embargo..
I'm more concerned with whether or not features on Pascal will remain and what the price will be. Could give two shits about new gimmicky features.

ray tracing NEEDS raw horsepower something that novidia doesnt have at all..

Your mom has plenty of horsepower in bed

>tries to shill
>gets blown up
>activates its 10yo self

>AYYMD HOUSEFIRES GETS TRASHED BY GTX 1080 AT A FRACTION OF THE POWER CONSUMPTION
>IMPLYING AYYMD HOUSEFIRES HAS ANY HORSEPOWER AT ALL

TOP KEK, AYYMDPOORFAGS

>not knowning the difference between a compute monster and a meme card that resorts on having a software sc to do its job on specific games being developed for their own tech

kys

Not sure how or why AMD came up in the convo.
> Nvidia needs to deliver new consumer cards in a week that are affordable and are not nigger priced
> These cards better not gimp something that pascal already has
> New meme features
If they don't, they will have made a misstep that will serve as their undoing. This has nothing to do w/ AMD.

>Compute
>Pooga gets UTTERLY TRASHED by Volta in compute

Try again, AYYMDPOORFAGS WITH NO GPUS & NO DRIVERS

pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-TITAN-V-Review-Part-2-Compute-Performance/Rendering-and-Compute-Perfor

Attached: luxmark_0.png (786x416, 46K)

>merely requires Windows 10 and a $3000 GPU
Wow, can't wait to "play" all those benchmarks on YouTube

i can cherry pick too user

Attached: 90098.png (650x337, 25K)

>Very small difference vs very large difference in performance

Keep on digging that hole, AYYMDPOORFAG with no facts to back up anything :^)

Tensor cores to GeForce or just API for creators

>>Very small difference vs very large difference in performance
comparing a program that its only task is to benchmarks
vs
a program that millions use

the state of nvidia shills

>The state of uneducated ignorant AYYMDPOORAGS shills

twitter.com/tonroosendaal/status/943845517301338113

>Nvidia sent us a new GPU - the stylish Titan V. Ranks #1 in three of 6 benchmarks here

UTTERLY DESTROYING AYYMD POOGA HOUSEFIRES GARBAGE IN PERFORMANCE WHILE USING LESS POWER

>blender(cycles) and luxmark are render by GPU.
Nvidia had support for Arnold,redshift and otoy

>being this much of a butthutt Nvidia fangoy shill
>gets assblasted by a reasonable Sup Forumsentleman and resorts to pretty insults, cherrypicked benchmarks and all caps
The absolute state of Sup Forums everyone

>Started this shit
>resorts to ad-hominem attacks when losing

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF AYYMDPOORFAGS DEFENDING A GARBAGE COMPANY GOING BANKRUPT

You are pathetic. Nvidia user here.

cts labs stop posting plis go to the wall of cries

>titan v
wait till the actual monster start shipping around
digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-explains-its-monster-radeon-pro-ssg/

this is huge

lol'd

>DirectX
So OpenGL, Vulkan is cucked again?

Nvidia has always been and will always be trash when it comes to raw compute.

we've been able to do real time raytracing for years
we just don't because the assets become more highly detailed, the resolution increases, and it once again stops being viable for real time because the power is better used toward rendering higher quality assets and higher resolution

"we raytracing now" won't ever be what it was supposed to be in the 00s

>nvidia partner program

yeesh

Ah, the classic Radeon "Just you wait!" edition.

>all for not
You fucking cretin

>just wait guise
AMDfags never learn.

Looks as grainy as 90s render cutscenes

Attached: remedy-entertainment-northlight-nvidia-rtx-ray-tracing-tech-demo-004.jpg (1920x1080, 1.32M)

>Nvidia sent us

definitely not a shill

Oh look, it is another gimpworks feature.

I'm so glad it's a feature miners can benefit from.

BUT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR YEAR

Attached: 1515044920479.jpg (552x661, 71K)

>new goyworks feature
>will probably work like shit on previous generations, if it works at all
>all proper engineering is spent on meme lerning, ai and self driving cars, while gamers recieve nothing but marketing and gimmicks
>jewery is getting more and more ridicolus
>first FE cards, then titan x (pascal), titan xp (proper pascal) and titan Sup Forums
>rumors point at upcomming gpus with a price higher than a current titan
>still cashing out on miners, dedicating copious ammounts of gpus to mining only cards
>even nvidia wants to get rid of gaymur scum
>THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA
thanks indeed
GOD BLESS YOU JENSEN

NO FUCK OFF PAJEET I WILL NOT INSTALL WINDOWS 10 FOR DIRECTX12

^this right here in summary.
One week until their huge misstep
Godspeed

Just going to say neutral until absolutes. Dont want to look like a complete retard.

anandtech.com/show/12547/expanding-directx-12-microsoft-announces-directx-raytracing

Too late nvitards

Lmaooooo what is this? 1996 again?

Pasting my replies from other thread as I have seen this one too late:

1/2

You have the good old rasterization pipeline (which sits on the 3D queue). And we also have the newer compute "pipeline" (which sits on the compute queue). Now we also get a raytracing "pipeline", which grotesquely sits on either the 3D or compute queue, as one whishes.

It is a hybrid somewhere between a "middleware" on top of the lower level APIs (setting instanced objects, building their bounding volume hierarchies, starting the ray tracing process), and an extension of the lower APIs (they have introduced new HLSL intrinsic functions).

I would be vary of new highly managed layers and introductions of special instructions for only one purpose. Remember the Retained Mode aka Retarded Mode of Direct3D 3.0? This DirectX Raytracing is a Retained Mode for raytracing.

Needless to say that the Retained Mode was mostly unused and later removed. This API was build in cooperation with engine developers, so we will see how it will turn out.

It will be interesting to see how the API ages. My bet is that pretty soon the raytracing API will not be used, because it is too inflexible compared to the rendering and compute pipelines. The problem again is that the people on Twitter -- especially the gamedevs -- are too easily excited about stuff.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-20-01h01m35s277.png (1280x720, 1.7M)

2/2

Raytracing is pretty API agnostic, in it's real-time flavor (read: mostly only primary rays) it can be implemented in Direct3D, OpenGL, Vulkan, whatever you like.

The thing is that last year on HPG an intern from Nvidia released a paper for denoising raytracing scenes, in a way that is both spatially as well as temporally stable. I personally do not really like that paper as they give performance numbers, but only for the denoising step, not for denoising + raytracing, in order to claim it to be "real-time". The raytracing is most of the work here, so that's a bit misleading.

On an additional note: This raytracing pipeline only works on Direct3D 12. When you look at the list of games released with Direct3D 12 support on Wikipedia, that list pretty much resembles a tumbleweed rolling over the prairie.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-20-01h01m50s495.png (1280x720, 1.12M)

Let me expand on my last reply. This is the presentation for the paper I was talking about:

highperformancegraphics.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/Papers-Session1/HPG2017_SpatiotemporalVarianceGuidedFiltering.pdf

One additional thing I would like to note is that Microsoft has a history of newer "DirectX"-APIs with bad adoption rates:

Direct2D
DirectWrite
DirectComposition
Direct3D 12.x

Mostly because they are Retained Mode APIs (like DirectX Raytracing) or platform-restricted (like Direct3D 12.x or again DirectX Raytracing). So two things that speak for a not very good future adoption rate.

All the stupid crypto miners are going to buy them up.

but muh crypto

Independent consumer here. It seems Nvidia™ is again ahead of the curve and on its way to crush the competition. Personally I can't wait for this exciting new line of products to come out!

Attached: 1504039413051.jpg (1200x800, 181K)

>gameworks
Hurrah for 10 fps madness

glad to see that nvidia caught up with amd after 13 years