youtube.com/watch?v=8p1Swa_pQcY
youtube.com/watch?v=fSzOcvAJmi0
youtube.com/watch?v=ReZwDbZQRK8
youtube.com/watch?v=sY9RTSXki8E
youtube.com/watch?v=FGMnDcwoXns
youtube.com/watch?v=wGCu1okRPcA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know some people who unironically think this is the better album

I like music and enjoy having thought provoking discussions.

Feminism is not a hate movement and there are lots of good artists who sing about speaking out against sexism.

I love music so much. I love talking about music. I love discussing music with like-minded yet nameless individuals over the Internet. I am secure in my music tastes and I don't need any chart proctored by an anonymous meme drone to tell me that I enjoy music.

But it is...

It really, really, really, really isn't

Trump is a legitimate candidate supported by good musicians.

Same, but I don't use the words "meme", or "drone" to describe things I don't agree with.

both are bad.

Yeah, I'm gonna be that guy.

It's lowest common denominator indie-folk-pop. Get over it.

emems

I am open minded about music and can appreciate a wide variety of styles. I look at music from an objective standpoint.

It really really is though. Itaots is good and cohesive and tells a story, but OAI is much better as a piece of music. It actually strays away from the, dare I say run of the mill chord progressions that Itaots has, with it's drone aspects.

It has a fantastic closer too, the transition from April 1st to Pree's sisters is great

i enjoy it more, but i wouldnt say its the better album.

I disagree champ.

OAI isn't indie folk pop, it's more lo-fi indie folk with drone influences. And good god, you are underestimating how bad indie folk/pop can get, because NMH is good and there is some true garbage in that "genre"

Pree Sister's is NMH GOAT IMO its such a good track, but i cant listen to it very often

t. a true patrician who listens to REAL music

OAI is much closer to indie rock and neo-psychedelia than it is indie folk.

I agree, but it still has drone influences

As an album it isn't better, but I think there are songs on it that blow IAOTS out of the water.

>t. a true patrician who listens to REAL music
Yep.

You have that right.

>drone influences
Name which track you hear those drone "influences on"

>neo-psychedelia
I really don't see it. Doesn't feel at all like psychedelia to me.

Invent Yourself a Shortcake is much better than OAI or ITAOTS.
youtube.com/watch?v=8p1Swa_pQcY

not him but Three Peaches, Gardenhead/Leave Me Alone, You've Passed, Pree Sister's Swallowing A Donkey's Eye...

dont even. the only good thing from NMH pre-OAI is Beauty

I really think that it is better as a album. The way the tone shifts from beginning to end, then capped off by Pree Sisters, it's too good, better than itaots by a longshot imo. I thing the instrumental tracks on itaots probably outweigh Marching theme (which is a great track), but fall so short in comparison to Pree Sisters.

I also think the subject matter is more interesting than all the Anne Frank stuff

If you don't hear drone influences from On Avery Island then no one needs to listen to anything you say.

>Name which track you hear those drone "influences on"
How could you not know? Listen to Marching theme and Pree Sister's swallowing a donkey's Eye now and you'll see. Also April 1st to an extent

pleb

contrarian

I wish p4k would review more hip-hop and give more black artists a chance.

>not Hype City Soundtrack
>not Everything Is

wow grimes is really attractive

Hype City is really good too I forgot about that one :/
also, i dont really count Everything is because it was like 3 songs

Meh, It's not really drone, to much variation. Not really interesting.

this however, is.
youtube.com/watch?v=fSzOcvAJmi0

Where the fuck are these shitposts coming from all of the sudden?

>this isn't drone
youtube.com/watch?v=ReZwDbZQRK8

The last song is really drone regardless of you liking it, it has drone elements all over it. Also I liked the instrumental of the song you posted.

Fine, that track is drone. But is it good, drone? No.

We're not talking Tony Conrad here.

>is it good drone? No.
It actually is pretty good imo. What makes you think it isn't?

>Also I liked the instrumental of the song you posted.
Well of course you do. Liking great music doesn't make you patrician though. It's hating good music that makes you patrician.

The fight to only like great things is the most important part.

Because i'm a faggot

>Fine, that track is drone.
What makes drone good or bad?

Just listen to this.

youtube.com/watch?v=sY9RTSXki8E

Pretty good isn't good enough.

I didn't say it was great. I said i liked the instrumental part. Also, i'd rather be a pleb based on your definition

Taste. Which is not, contrary to popular belief, subjective.

It is great. If you don't see this. You are already lost.

>i'd rather be a pleb
your wish is granted.

what is this fucking garbage?

Oh it's entirely subjective. Also yeah the four violins was good. But not everyone thinks that. Not even every highly knowledgeable musician would.

God this is awful.

If you have to hate good music then yeah, you ate a bellend and you should consider suicide.

since this is bizarro Sup Forums, i'll just say this

I respectfully disagree, but you're allowed to have opinions different from mine

Are a bellend, my apologies.

Also, you have shit grammar and if you cannot see this, you are already lost.

While I do like that, drone is a pretty varied genre, and you haven't proven to me that what you've posted is actually better than Pree Sisters. Keep in mind that Pree Sisters is at the end of an indie/neo-psychedelia album, by a band that doesn't generally make drone.

I mean, Pree Sisters is a large part feedback, and the one you posted is violins. They're greatly different, but I can't see how one is better than the other

Boy if you don't...

>Someone is Waiting
>Marching Theme
>end of Where You'll Find Me Now
>April 1st
>Pree Sisters

Like half the album is drone

Honestly I genuinely enjoyed his four violins piece a lot but I disagree about his stance on Neutral milk hotel.

need training wheels?
here
youtube.com/watch?v=FGMnDcwoXns

>Oh it's entirely subjective
m8, I know you think you're being clever here, trying to be contrarian and all but you don't know what you're talking about. Great music is music that challenges the listener, the sensibilities of the time, notions of commercial viability, and the very nature of music itself.

Anything that panders, compromises or worries about being too "pretentious" instantly fails. I don't want to listen to "good" music. Good is a synonym for safe. Fuck the Strokes, fuck NMH, fuck your precious sensibilities. If it isn't destroying my notion of what music is and can do, why should I waste my time with it?

By settling for good music, you are forcing yourself into a position where you and your tastes stagnate. git gud, m8

>all these people not realizing that this guy is posting in bizarro Sup Forums where shitposters are articulate and have good taste.

My man, those people don't sound like they're into drone, they'd be better starting off with easy stuff or minimalism or possibly just Drone Doom or something.

Anyways, you sound as if you take yourself way way too seriously. Are you a musician because you sound like you want to be one

youtube.com/watch?v=wGCu1okRPcA

If you genuinely believe i'm the contrarian, you've lost your mind. You imply that only music that is something different, something new and that you've never hears before can be great. Which is funny because the first thing you posted certainly wasn't. You can spew your bullshit all day at the top of your lungs, about how a true patrician like yourself can't mingle with the lower castes. Nigger I make and listen to microtonal music all the time, i explore 53 tet, 22tet 513 tet, and experiment with noise a lot and still i can appreciate convetional albums because I've not got my head so far up my ass i can smell my own throat.

>Are you a musician because you sound like you want to be one

nah, this user was right.

Taste is subjective, obviously. I do generally feel some affinity for the position that sometimes "good" music isn't good enough. Like with the beatles, clever chord changes don't interest me at all. I'd rather listen to some unfinished shit by a kid learning how to play guitar.

this this this thisx100

i can get wanting experimentation, but saying you'd rather listen to some kid try to play the guitar than the Beatles is top level contrarian cancer

Haha, Yeah.

I'm leaving it up to you, you Fascist.

Nah, the beatles are boring as fuck.

This really. I mean, you know if that's what you want to listen to it's okay but i personally can't see why.

You are the only fascist here. I'm not attempting to restrict anyone's taste.

Better than a kid who can't play shit.

thats cool famala, i dont like the beatles too much either but I would pick their actual music over some kid playing guitar anyday

Lol dude Happiness is a Warm Gun is great.

When I could take you apart and if you give me half a chance I'd do it now, I'd do it now, right now, you fascist.

I know we could all feel safe like Sharon Tate. We could give it all up, we could give, give, give it all up. a-and the newspapers, oh the newspapers they'd be listening, listening to me giving it to you and the radio, what about the radios? they'd be listening to me giving it to you

Right mama, damn right mama

I love you

Perhaps it's not but April 8th is certainly their best song

thats wrong tho its Gardenhead/Leave Me Alone

What the fuck am I even reading?

I hear hissing, I hear hissing in the distance. I hear the tanks crawling
They're crawling over the hill, they're CRAWLING over the hill like rattlesnakes in the desert sun.

They're BLISTERING up my SPELL, they're BLISTERING it up they're BREAKING it up, they're BREAKING up my spell and what else is there,WHAT ELSE HAVE I GOT?WHAT ELSE HAVE I GOT BUT THAT SPELL?

Ah, leaving it, leaving it, I'm leaving it up to you leaving it, leaving it, leaving it up to you leaving it, leaving it, leaving it in the cloakroom for you

I've g-got to give it UP, I'VE GOT TO GIVE IT UP, GIVE IT UP
UUUUPPPP, UUUUUUUPPPPP, GIVE IT UUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPP

I CAN'T TAKE ITI CAN'T TAKE ITICANTTAKEITICANTTAKEITITICANTTAKEITICANTTAKEITITICANTTAKEITICANTTAKEITITICANTTAKEITICANTTAKEITITICANTTAKEITICANTTAKEITITICANTTAKEITICANTTAKEITITICANTTAKEITICANTTAKEITITICANTTAKEITICANTTAKEITITICANTTAKEITICANTTAKEIT

Best post on Sup Forums

This is one of the most insane progressions I've ever seen here.

I don't even understand what level this guy is operating on. All I can definitely say is that John Cale is an absolute madman.

is this the beginning of an epic new meme?

Can someone make a rabid patrician meme out of this?

>I know we could all feel safe like Sharon Tate.
What did he mean by this?

No, stop trying to force a meme.

I'm saving this.

making a song out of this right now

Can't tell if this is real or not.
I don't like bizzaro Sup Forums guys

Anne Frank was a dumb bitch

lil b is shit

Fuck ya'll niggas, you don't know shit about my boy Jeffy M. Nigga was talking about sex with little jewsih girls before that shit was cool nigga. Fucking dumbass bitch swans didn't fuck jews girls.

Agreed.

I fucking hate you

>come back to Sup Forums for the first time in months
>open this thread
>immediately realize the mistake I've made

Well see you guys in another month or two

What mistakes would those be

Anne Frank is my waifu stfu

This thread is honestly not different from non-bizarro Sup Forums at all

Coming back

I feel