Is the Galaxy S9 worth getting if I'm upgrading from an S6? If not, what should I get

Is the Galaxy S9 worth getting if I'm upgrading from an S6? If not, what should I get

Attached: jbareham_180220_2271_0236[1].jpg (2040x1360, 749K)

find a good sale on the LG v30, at least it isn't filled to the brim with samsung's shitware

you should ask yourself whether you actually need to spend your money on the latest pointles gadget instead of putting it towards something more important

oh I'm sorry pal I didn't realize you knew op and his financial situation so well...

Literally any upgrade would be good, the S6 battery life is a fucking joke.

spending a lot of money on minimal upgrades like he stated is a poor financial choice, regardless of how much you're making

>should i upgrade my 16 core smartphone to this 420 core smartphone? all i do is forwarding whatsapp memes btw
that's what i read

Tell me about it, especially after owning it for 2 years. The battery drops like crazy even when I'm not using it

Honestly no, unless your s6 is nearly unusable.

As a fellow s6 fag I understand your suffering. I was looking into buying the Pixel. Apparently the S9 battery life is still as disappointing, not the amount the disappointment the S6 has but still... Also, look into the battery settings to see which apps is draining that shit.

Yes, it is worth it.

Instead, it's filled with LG bloatware.
You just can't win with these Android manufacturers, only ones that go somewhat barebones are OnePlus and Nokia unfortunately.

I've heard the S6 has really bad battery life, so any modern smartphone with a big battery should be a huge upgrade.
I personally got the OnePlus 5T because I wanted a somewhat close to stock Android and good ROM support, plus has good sized battery, reasonable resolution screen and that alert slider.

LG v30 is a fag enabler phone

3 gen upgrade aint bad. I went frin the s5 to an a8, wont upgrade again till s11

That literally doesn't even look different from the s8

but it gets a SPEED BUMP in dumb ass mobile games!
and
uh
uh
i'm sure there's something else

Wait for the price to go down, check again in a few months. Or get a used s8. They're both great phones.

S9 processor is a solid upgrade, the screen is slightly nicer and the camera is a huge upgrade.
If you upgrade from an S8 to an S9 you're still a retard though.

I mean it's not like I'd do anything CPU intensive on my phone anyways. Also I almost never use a camera.

>whatsapp
Enjoy your botnet

S9 already has full functioning aosp rom.

Then get an S8 for half the money, you aren't missing much. is a consideration, S9 supports Project Treble, but the S8 might get it too.

I got the s9+. I upgraded from a beaten up S7 edge and I couldn't be happier. If the Pixel 2 had an headphone jack and an SD card reader my choice would have been different tho. I think that Samsung is one of the last manufacturers to not simply follow Apple with the no headphone jack port and notch thing. It's a shame that somehow the Jack port has become a 'feature'.

Taking away the headphone jack is the dumbest shit ever. Phones are thin enough already, almost too thin. I prefer it with a case just for the extra holdability, not to mention protection of course. No headphone jack means you either have to carry another adapter, or buy stupid wireless headphones and just have to worry about one more thing to charge

don't tell anyone, but the S9 is thicker than the S8

Buy a Xiaomeme with SD 625, there's like 10 models with that chip. You get enough performance for 99% of the things you do on a phone, 10 hours of screen time and you get spied by the botnet that has no jurisdiction on your side of the planet. It's pretty good.

>you should ask yourself whether you actually need to eat shit from your hands instead of brushing your teeth

(You)
>oh I'm sorry pal I didn't realize you knew op and his hygienic situation so well...

Keep your S6 but buy a S7 edge battery and put it into your phone (yes it's a thing, look it up). Not only will you get a new battery with full capacity, but 1k more mAh. It felt so good to beat the planned obsolescence jew. Make sure to factory and cache reset afterwards though to make your phone buttery smooth again, or just flash some less botnetty rom.

Attached: 1519919309183.gif (320x240, 666K)

Also if
>b-but I'm afraid to change it myself
It's not difficult, but you could also ask a local phone repair shop to do it for you for chump change, with their tools and expertise.

I bought a BOGO S8+ replacing a S7 and S6. I don't think the S9 is that big of an upgrade unless you take on of those offers where you only pay like $400 if you trade in your old phone.

Or get USB-C/Lightning headphones and stop being stuck in the past, silly

This is wrong. I have the S9 and the battery life is excellent. I wouldn't consider myself a power user, so most of the time i have sync and location off. But in spare time i do watch youtube and play light games with the screen at max resolution and a fair brightness.

Aside from bixby, almost all of the bloatware can be uninstalled. There are some quirks that will hopefully be fixed, but all in all i love it. Upgraded from an S7 because it was actually cheaper per month with a trade in.

>I have a shitty phone and would like to upgrade to another shittier phone.
Yep you’ll like it. Upgrade.

Except literally all other devices except new phones and some high end pc cases don't have usb-c, so again you're stuck using an adapter if you want to hook up to your pc or anything else

Yes. I have the s9 plus and it's so fucking smooth. Battery is also insane. Started today 8 hours ago still at 91%. Constantly use my phone btw.