Bands that Sup Forums shits on because most of them don't know music theory

Bands that Sup Forums shits on because most of them don't know music theory.

you mean bands that high school orchestra dorks fetishize because they don't understand how the most difficult musical tool to master is restraint

Tool is just fun to shit on because their fans are idiots and MJK is a meme in himself with his grapes and whatnot.

doesnt 99% of their complexity lie in their rhythm work

I actually like Tool but the more I learned about playing music the more bored I was by their music

I mean shit Schism was one of the first basslines I learned how to play, it's not like their shit is even that technically complex

its actually amusing how many songs they have been able to make using the same scale. tool are pretty good imho

what scale

they're not a bad band by any means, but most of their fans are easily triggered so it's fun to shit on them

D minor probably

Fun fact: If you know theory you automatically get good taste in music

nice

guess i can like Liturgy freely now

>DUDE Tool has a song in like...17/14 or something it's some crazy shit
>Yeah yeah, pass the paint bucket dude

have to agree, the other day was searching how to play Jambi and it's so complex there's no correct tab for it. the youtube videos were lacking as well.
not that complexity = good but it let's know who you're dealing with

That's not why people shit on Tool.

It's the lyrics and song names and album covers, the whole spirituality thing.

This. The spirituality bit especially, it really borders on self parody sometimes.

The fact that people laugh at people who make music about spirituality is depressing.

THIS

I KNOW THE PIECES FIT

Are Tool this generations Phish?

Hi boldfaure

muh "something"

> every song in drop d
stop being a pretentious faggot, op.

You don't need to have any level of musical knowledge to know this shit sucks

And meme hair

BLACK AND WHITE ARE ALL I SEE IN MY INFANCY

This. I fucking love their music, but the people surrounding them are such idiots.

everybody gave up on that transcedence shit sometime in 2009