/metal/

Sepultura ruined /metal/

It made people think that I listen to shit like Disturbed when I say that I listen to metal edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/urr5rVP3hXc
youtube.com/watch?v=4GUSboH5yDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uUiTvk_2Iy4
youtube.com/watch?v=wNvRMBqqvrs
youtube.com/watch?v=OChXBy_nZrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qTaBxPR7tC0
youtube.com/watch?v=kvXR9ZRJuq0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for iopq is a retard

Always link to old thread

I was so caught up in packing as much new meme as I could that I forgot, thanks

I really liked it, I listened to it a bunch of times already

So, iopq, you like metal right? How do you like Disturbed?

the new Schammasch is like that but better

you mean it wasn't ruined? that's lucky

>2016
>liking any "metal" post-1996

el tripfag quiere ser hardcore, pero sepultura no lo deja

>96
>not 93

Isn't that the kind of shit that makes people think you listen to disturbed.

Are there any good metal shows playing in Minneapolis or Grand Forks this summer?

most of the concert finder sites only show bigger names

When will this meme die? Goddamn Sepultura

>93
>not 69

Sepultura gud

If I like Skeletonwitch which classics should I try out?

It ruined metal you faggot

Are you kidding? They ruined metal.The worst band ever. It made people think that I listen to shit like Disturbed when I say that I listen to metal.

just fire my shit up

The Sound of Silence cover by Disturbed was pretty bad

It sounded like they were trying to make it sound more in-depth with those drums and stuff when it wasn't necessary

youtu.be/urr5rVP3hXc
SEPULTURA DID THIS

It's not their fault. It's Sepultura's.

>tfw doom is le hipster genre now

JUST

It might actually be the worst metal cover of that song, ever.

That's a good thing actually.

>tfw when never listened to any of the Slipknot or Disturbed or whatever is the new hip metal band

Are they worth checking?

because he's a nu male, like iopq

Slipknot's self-titled is worth listening to, or would be, if Sepultura hadn't ruined metal

Post terrible fucking covers
youtube.com/watch?v=4GUSboH5yDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uUiTvk_2Iy4
youtube.com/watch?v=wNvRMBqqvrs

So, I'm trying to get into Metallica. Should I just stop at St Anger?

six feet under is fucking hilarious

Stop at self-titled.

youtube.com/watch?v=OChXBy_nZrQ

Quit fucking hating on Sepultura. This still exists

They're pretty unbelievable
youtube.com/watch?v=qTaBxPR7tC0

six feet under is fucking retarded

Doesn't take away from the fact they ruined metal by forcing me to be mildly offended/embarrassed

Stop at AJFA

pleb

what an insufferable limp-wristed fucking faggot. People who get "offended" by people "judging" need to be gassed

Ghost is coming to MPLS at the end of July.
If you're into hardcore weekend Nacho's last tour is coming thru MPLS. I believe The Body is playing at 7th St entry in MPLS at some point...
Check out the City Pages events for MPLS concerts.

Not a hardcore guy, but I do like Ghost

Oh I think 'tallica is playing the opener of the new stadium as well, but I'm not about to spend hundreds of dollars for that, even if I like Volbeat

What the fuck is this pansy shit. Who gives a fuck about what Sepultura did after 1991.

Check last thread for the full meme but basically a trip (iopq) said Sepultura ruined metal and when he finally explained why his reason was "It made people think that I listen to shit like Disturbed when I say that I listen to metal" which was immediately memed.

And I give a shit about Sepultura after 1991.

I liked it.

Alright, just picked up Ride The Lightning for super cheap and can get the next 3 albums for about the same price at my walmart.

Roots was Sepultura's best album tho

So sad how weeb thrash is hailed as masterpiece here but innovative groundbreaking tribal groove metal is like "omg ruined metal".

No one gives a fuck if you say you like metal to any normie they just think loud noises and screaming bur "acdc is ok" if anything metal was ruined when king diamond stopped being relevant (fact)

>Roots was Sepultura's best album tho

this would be a decently hilarious meme

Best selling, most original, critically praised, highly influential. Honestly find me an album bar Soulfly that matches the sound, that really taps into your primal instinct of pure spirit. Korn and Deftones dont even come close to the sound (tho Korns first album was actually respectable compared to their 'im40andstillgotissues' crap afterwards).

Theres a reason why the album did so well - it was both artistically and commercially crafted in such a perfect manner. The highest evolution

Are you telling me that Morbid Visions is a better album? Some kids who can barely play their instruments aping German thrash, doin the same shit contemporaries Sarcofago and Sexthrash did? Are you saying that "riffa" triunph over artistic vision that appeals to a mass audience? Get real.

That success deserves respect. Fuck your niche of "keepin it true" go lick your battle jacket the one your mom sew patches into

>Roots was Sepultura's best album tho

Metal status:
[ ] Not ruined
[x] Ruined
[x] Just fuck my shit up familia

Just jump the fuck up familia*

This is your goddamn fault retard. Keep your dumb opinion to yourself until we fix things.

Metal was ruined a long time ago by elitist fags like YOU

>Sepultura - Roots (Roadrunner, 1996) 8/10
Roots absorbs even Brasilian rhythms, including a ceremony with a tribe of the Mato Groso (Itsari). The effect is sometimes comic (if accelerated, the catchy rigmarole of Roots Bloody Roots could be prime Ramones), but at least Ratamahatta (with its surreal polyrhithm, matched by the vocalist's demented scat) and Breed Apart (a tribal orgy with hiccups of panzer riffs) achieve a new kind of fusion. It made people think that I listen to shit like Disturbed when I say that I listen to metal. The experiments do not end with ethnic promiscuity. The horror extravaganza of Lookaway spins around distorted sampling, monk-style chanting and stone-age growls, while the tempo shifts gear to indulge in a morbid exorcism. The weight of Endangered Species collapses under a psychedelic solo and drunken drums.
On the other hand, the drums and guitar maelstrom of Attitude, the chaotic fury of Straighthate (soaring towards the end in one of their most hammering guitar riffs ever), the epileptic fits of Dusted maintain the band's usual level of ferocity.
Roots is not only the album of a mature ensemble, it is an avantgarde work whose compositions have been carefully crafted.

Yeah metal elitism made people think I listened to Disturbed when I say that I listen to metal

How?

Roots is the result of a good band wanting to fit into the whole 90's thing

The chief influence on Roots is KORN

KORN

No, it's Brazilian tribal music

Metal used to be a champion of brotherhood and good times involving heavy rockin guitars sex drugs rock n roll pure hedonism

Now its just a bunch of nerds playing dress up arguing about subgenres, what is and isnt metal and generally being autistic uptight and unwelcoming

And how did elitism do that?

>Speaking to Live-Metal.net in 2009, Max admitted that he drew inspiration from some of the so-called early "nu metal" bands during the songwriting process for "Roots". He explained: "SEPULTURA did [take] a little bit of an influence from KORN and DEFTONES in some areas.

Beyond being inspired by the worst thing to ever happen to metal, it inspired more bands to make more of the worst thing to ever happen to metal

Also the album is shit

Remember that Sepultura managed to shift their style successfully. But many thrash bands did the same and FAILED MISERABLY

whoops meant to quote

I won't deny this

Thrash died with the 80's but it left behind death metal to come into it's own

Boohoo better than rehashing the same dinosaur shit. Great album everyome agrees except ur exclusive no girls club. Fact everyone enjoys numetal on ironic level except u guys because u take ur dumb music so seriously

A little influence overwhelmed by the Brazilian tribal influence, and you just proven yourself wrong. Clearly those early number metal bands influence the terrible stuff.

And only contrarians dislike this album. Its otherwise greatly respected

It's blogpost time, lads, post your greentext stories

>go to big fest
>mosh for a few dozen minutes
>come out of it with my pants torn open up to my crotch
>see a girl wearing a high-cut thong right in front of me
>SCHWING
>nobody notices even though my dick is practically out in the open and the place is crowded
and then I almost vomited

Internet allowed dissenting opinions of what is trendy/not trendy to run rampant online letting it become the norm as part of the counterculture against contemporary music

You could blame nu for this but your focus on reactionary bullshit but you had a choice to either let the mainstream do their own thing and champion positivity in your own stylistic innovation but it instead manifested into an us vs them elitist culture.

The Black Album is by far the best Metallica album

Only stupid Sup Forums contrarians disagree, it's the most popular, it shows Metallica shifting their sound to a new generation, they took in a more rock and roll influence which not only propelled themselves but the entire genre. It's greatly respected

The brotherhood is even stronger now though. nothing beats unified hate. you're just mad you're not in the club.

>dissenting opinions
so your brotherhood of metal was silencing these opinions then. That doesn't sound very chill. And what about punk? Metal and punk feuded viciously in the past, mostly about who was really hardcore. Not dissimilar from nerds arguing over what is and isn't metal.

Now I'd like to ask if you can prove any of what you've said, or if its just your dissenting opinion

Okay.

Agreed

i'm more interested about the vomit.

I said almost.
just a side effect of moshing after gulping down 1.5 liters of pisswater beer

are you just a shit eating pleb?

K

There was that one time a pro-wrestling enthusiast picked me up and F5'd me right into a tree twice in a row.

I was really pissed because it made me spill my beer. But he was very sorry about it too so i led it slide.

I'm not mad I'm wondering why you would come into this general and insist that shit albums are good

OOOOHHHH nevermind, carry on

You're the one who insisted black album was good. So you're the shit eating pleb

Proof = Sup Forums

Punk v metal as well as thrash vs glam etc was tribal warfare. This was common ground back in the good old days. In the 21st century Weve moved beyond that now. Look at all the fusion genres and subcultures melding together. Even most punks now agree NOFX are a classic band and they were HATED back then. It is all acceptable. but true metal is still a bunch of dinosaur crybabies stuck in the past.

Whose point are you trying to prove here?

>shit album
>chart topping
>positive reviews

How?

that was a strawman using the same arguments so that if you agreed with it your argument was contradicted

because anyone who actually likes metal knows all of the albums preceding the black album are way better

this is b8 right?

youtube.com/watch?v=kvXR9ZRJuq0

Can we get back to real heavyness?

Point is ur a bunch of nerds and they were real men back then who had fights.

You didn't use my arguments. My argument was creativity, and innovation, which puts master of puppets as their best. Me agreeing was just to make you mad as fuck. It worked.

>b8
>using facts to counter ur opinion

Master of puppets wasn't creative or innovative, it was simply the apex of their style which was already outlined in previous albums

Black album is pretty creative and innovative, this is why Avenged Sevenfold are trying their hardest to copy it, but the black album is a weak ass album

To be fair first 5 albums are critically praised in general

Nerds like you?

But they had nerds then. Most of the musicians were nerds. And we have real men who like metal now.
by the way your whole argument is on the fans. You think fandom changed so the quality of metal did

How was MoP not creative and innovative?

So do you think that the best albums currently out are Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Babymetal, and Slipknot?

>it was simply the apex of their style which was already outlined in previous albums

There were no new ideas for MoP, they used the same style they used on RtL and perfected it to make their best album

Metallica were always shit, and will always be shit