Schools pushing botnets hard

Whats up with schools these days giving botnetbooks, botphlets, and encourage the mass use of botnet apps. Every single kid is getting one and are very happy they have their (((personal laptop))). Is 1984 really here? Kids these days dont even know it.

Attached: acer-chromebook-11-n7-c731-rear-left-facing.jpg (770x433, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f8Co37GO2Fc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I live in a highly liberal area with shit public schools mind you.

Because linux is literally dogshit for ANYTHING outside of autistic neets ricing the shit out of their desktop or for server use.

t. sysadmin that was forced to scrap 20 loonix VMs because everyone kept complaining how shit the software was (I even pre-installed all of it). My boss just got volume licenses for w10 lgbt and called it a day.

Anyone remember this piece of crap?

Attached: images(6).jpg (575x439, 47K)

Do they give you an SSD or a harddrive?

t. liar

chromebooks are fucking cheap, also digital future. are you a bay area fag?

After watching some of Alan Kay's talk I can see where he was trying to go with it, and his ideas were good, actually fucking awesome. The implementation was garbage though and the reality of practicality meant it was a complete failure though.

chromebooks are linux and coreboot. they are literally THE choice for freetards

"sysadmin"

youre a piece of crap, you fucking part of a fecal log fagget

i want the manual extertor.

Yes I am a gay area fag. The area is an entire lab test of what is to come all over the country. Botnet from preschool through high school. I say this because the shit school districts are loaning free botnetbooks to students. I'd be fucking lucky if I used an hour of shitty windows 98 computers 10 years ago per week with the fact it was a privilege.

because its super convenient for the students and the teachers to have very integrated and well meshed software, like the google environment

things like google docs where the entire class or groups of students can all work together on the same document at the same time? work outside of school online, have all that backed up to a cloud service and be able to turn in finished work through it?
that shits amazing, i would've loved that when i was a kid
we had e-lockers that only worked on Tuesday and Thursday

also these shitboxes too were readily available in 2009 too.

Attached: Apple-eMac-FL.jpg (1200x1165, 60K)

Hey bitch.

Attached: IMG_20180319_212541[1].jpg (4160x3120, 3.7M)

Liar or not he's 100% right. Even windows 98 is 100 times better than whatever new distro some nu-males made by reskining ubuntu/arch/gentoo

Yeah
My younger brother complains about this a lot. I've never used them but it's a shame because our school almost went to macbooks. At least you can use those.

The OS on my little sister's one mysteriously got corrupted shortly after a conversation detailing how they're spying on kids and putting a piece of tape over the camera.

Attached: 1497922846370.jpg (532x320, 24K)

>Every single kid is getting one
Yep.
>and are very happy
Nope.

I have a 15 year old son that's been going to a public high school since his freshman year (was home schooled up until then). They give all the kids some little HP craptops with Chrome OS to use for the year. My son just has his turned off in a drawer somewhere because he has his own laptop. I got my son a maxed out ThinkPad T430 to use and he ended up installing Mint on it. He's still able to access all of the Google services through the browser just the same. In fact, lots of kids at his school bring their own machines to class. They all hate the Chromebooks because they're cheap and flimsy shit with weak wireless cards that have a range of like 30 feet.

The reason why the schools push the Chromebooks is that all of the data gets stored in their Google Drive. This means they can't leave their homework at home or lose their locally stored data by breaking the laptops. Chrome OS is based on Gentoo GNU/Linux, but it's not really what you'd expect. There's no way for the kids to get into the developer mode to access a shell, there's no package management as far as I can tell. It's literally just a taskbar with date and time widgets and the Chrome web browser. There's zero access to system files, not even read only since the file manager only shows specific directories. It's a pretty good way to keep the little assholes from corrupting all the system software like they do on Windows and OS X machines.

What the fuck is that? Is that Debian/SOAS on ARM? Looks absolutely horrible.

Michigan here. Public schools here are also getting them.

Chrome OS is as botnet as Windows 10, so you have to install something else in place of it (this doesn't mean some shit-tier chroot setup with Lubuntu running as an app, it means a full wipe of Chrome OS). I guess Coreboot is nice but there's not really a point in using it unless you customize it with your preferred payload

Attached: 1500001759842.png (232x266, 4K)

When I was in school from 1988 - 2002 the only computers were in a computer lab. It wasn't till middle school years that teachers finally got a computer for themselves. It was a desktop computers mostly. Laptops were rare. Back then all math was done on paper/ longhand on chalk/dry erase boards. Calculators were frowned on and only used for upper level math courses (Trig/Calculus).

The district i went to had every single kid on an active directory account which was linked to like 30 different botnet services. Students are literally a product now. Also there is barely any fuckery because a lot of school districts transferred their filters to banking ones that update daily.

nope

What do you expect. Schools get so much fed/state dollars per each kid on the books. Schools don't give a shit about the kids. It's the dollars the kids generate that the schools care about. I'd hate being a kid in today's education system. To much pointless useless shit they make them do to even graduate that in the real world don't mean shit or even use. In my day you had to have 27 credits to graduate. Which was easy to get considering there was total of 32 total credits you could earn in 4 years of high school. You only had to pass Algebra/Geometry/ Pr-Algebra or Algebra II as math requirement. There was no Foreign language requirements. Basic Science and 4 years of English plus history/physical education/arts and then your electives rounded out the rest. I loaded up on computer related electives my whole 4 years. Once got tossed in a business law class cause my chosen elective was full. Did ok though, passed it with a B.

I was in a charter school where they gave used Thinkpad T400s imaged with Ubuntu to students so they can use them. I was a part of the Student "SysAdmin" team that imaged those laptops even.

Attached: 656b444.png (414x414, 196K)

I remember watching a ted talk with some kenny G looking mother fucker who involved the kids in an IT based role installing ubuntu distros on lots of systems. Was that the same district?

Found it. This guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=f8Co37GO2Fc

This

And you think giving kids linux laptops is going to help? Its going to appear like ancient hieroglyphics to them. Im not questioning Linux' abilities. But All OS's have a legitimate use, and dont deny that either, because they all have legitimate reasons for use. Most kids grew up with windows, I did, my friends did, and the grades below us grew with windows. It just makes sense to give them something they are accustomed to rather than having to have a 24/7 tech support for the hundreds of kids that know absolutely nothing about Loonix.