I use linux

>I use linux
>it's not for server use
>it's for personal use

Attached: dumb.png (205x246, 5K)

fpbp

>tfw you use linux as a way to also get better at server stuff

These days most stuff is done through a browser so it doesn't matter what operating system you use

>These days most stuff is done through a browser
only if you're a fucking content consuming normie

quality thread

jesus christ this shit is starting to remind me of people on /o/ who still argue about manuals vs autos, nobody cares. if you're using linux software or find some of it convenient then use linux, if it can't run the software you want then don't, it's not hard

What do you do on your personal computer that isn't video gaymes and isn't easily accomplishable through a browser?

>only if you're a normie
>most people are normies
>normies now take jobs designated solely for autists
>normies now post on Sup Forums en masse
user nothing really matters anymore

so why would anyone have pc when tablets are enough for using browsers?

professional video/audio editing
music production
anything that you want to keep private
anything that you want to work on with a giant screen
any number of applications that worked fine for decades without the (((cloud)))

>what is photoshop
>what are IDEs
>what is a terminal

don't give me some pussy ass excuse like "oh check out this pretty flat webapp with 2gb of javascript powering it" stfu bitch ass i use what's good

>terminal
On Windows? top cuck
>IDE
Literally web browser.
>photoshop
Okay, you did it. ONE program.

>video/audio editing
Available on Linux.
>private
???
>giant screen
???
>not an argument
Got it.

>inb4 you don't take in the context of the thread which implies you can't do shit on Linux, and someone argued that even if that WERE true it doesn't matter because most of what you do is/can be done through a browser

>Photoshop
Meme
>IDEs
Any IDE of value will work on both Linux or windows so it doesn't matter
>terminal
Not everything is easier on a terminal

For what you pay vs what you get you may as well get a pc

>low comprehension skills
i am on your side, nigga
assuming your side is slackware64-current

fuck, it's true

>playing music and videos without depending on slow cloud storage
>guitar amp sim
>useful software development
>photo/video/audio editing
>literally anything that required more than 20MiB/s bandwidth

It has to be people who are just getting into Linux. They haven't yet got to the point where they realize it's just another operating system.

is this b8? you're yet another one of those people who doesn't understand what's actually required if you're going into something. don't force yourself to use something inferior just so you can avoid doing it the traditional way. traditions exist for a reason. photoshop is important, IDEs are important, real video editors are important (kdenlive is trash), real audio editors and DAWs are important, etc. it'll take a long time before web apps really stack up, and even then what's the point? is it because nobody knows how to write a UI these days? is it to avoid porting for different systems? i'm not even arguing about linux vs windows anymore, idgaf and i think people should just use what works for them. i'm just saying webapps are dumb gay

>these phoneposters are allowed on Sup Forums

yeah, idc if he says he's ok with linux and likes webapps, what i'm saying is that webapps are dumb gay

okay cletus

fuck you