Facebook was trying to delete evidence of data breach

before a UK government agency told them not to tamper with evidence.

How unethical is this company? Facebook always tries to pull something borderline illegal or backhanded before only sheepishly stopping when called out directly. It seems its first instinct is to do it the unethical way even when the ethical way clearly has less dire consequence.

It's as though Mark Zuckerburg and Sheryl Sandberg suffer from a sort of a compulsion where the lack of legal or ethical improprieties makes them feel like they got a bad deal and that worry is only quelled by engaging in unsavory behavior. I wonder where this compulsion comes from.

Attached: facebook fallout.png (592x535, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Does-the-Talmud-refer-to-non-Jews-as-non-human-animals
businessinsider.com/exclusive-mark-zuckerbergs-secret-ims-from-college-2012-5
stallman.org/facebook.html
github.com/jmdugan/blocklists/blob/master/corporations/facebook/all
github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

normally i'd call them out for being jews but it's not just that, probably about 80% of people that run all these big companies are sociopaths and they need to be otherwise they wouldnt get to were they are of course they dont care about laws desu they multimillionaire socipaths. Laws are literally made for sheepish people to fall in line

one rupee into your account for this post

this isn't even shilling

It’s not a breach, it was always designed to work that way.

You really think the Zuck cares what mere humans think of him?

Attached: 1513022054572.jpg (743x1024, 161K)

It's called preemptively defending yourself from radical left wing governments and their illegal witch hunts.

>radical left wing governments
wew lad

>radical left goverment
Into the gulag with you !

>UK
>Radical left wing Government

Fuck, you're dumb.

Attached: skynews-theresa-may-jean-claude-juncker_4174480.jpg (1096x616, 68K)

Oi mate you got the permit fo dat mofockin butter knife ?

t. Sadick kahn

>It's as though Mark Zuckerburg and Sheryl Sandberg suffer from a sort of a compulsion where the lack of legal or ethical improprieties makes them feel like they got a bad deal and that worry is only quelled by engaging in unsavory behavior. I wonder where this compulsion comes from.
Good question. A cursory internet search yielded this result:
>however, it is permissible to steal from a non-Jew according to Torah law.
>however, it is likewise forbidden to utter a lie from one’s mouth besides for several very select situations.
halachayomit.co.il
/en/default.aspx?HalachaID=3359

Attached: halachayomit2.png (866x300, 279K)

>On the subject of non-Jews, the Talmud is mixed. There are both positive and negative statements to be found. Many of the negative statements reflect the severe persecution suffered by the Jewish people at the time; many of the rabbis from the Talmud had teachers, contemporaries, or students who were murdered, often through horrific torture, for practicing Judaism (see, for example, the Ten Martyrs). These statements should be read with their historical context in mind and as specifically referring to those who commit acts of persecution, not to all non-Jews in general.
quora.com/Does-the-Talmud-refer-to-non-Jews-as-non-human-animals

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-20 Michael Safyan - Quora.png (758x187, 69K)

so we truly are in a cyberpunk dystopia

It's
>DA JOOS
Am I right?

Attached: tenor.gif (200x216, 155K)

How do i find out if my data was part of the breach?

>company run by jews
>not selling/collecting data
c'mon now

Maybe Hillary was just defending herself from the gubbermint when she deleted the emails on her private server

After all the server was her own property remember

>left wing

Attached: 1548573758384.jpg (427x450, 20K)

You just can't trust any big US companies.

t. a burger.

>UK
>Left
Dumbass yanks. It's not like the US would ever agree to extradite any of its citizens, especially a rich one.

Link your facebook account and we'll have a look for you.

What makes you think there was a data breach shill? This is exactly how facebook functions. They college, exploit, package, and sell people's data. You think a company would actually let facebook and their legal staff into their office if they had broken into facebook? They were there trying to cover a mutual producer/consumer business deal you dimwit fuck. What I find most impressive about these reports is that morons like you and far dumber individuals actually think Cambridge exploited/broke into facebook. No dumbass, they were a big customer of facebook's and the way they deal w/ big customers is that they give them special access and a team of 'solution engineers' to help them w/ the data haul

More fucking shills...
This

And I love how you've carefully forgotten that a democrat focused group STATED UNEQUIVOCALLY THAT FACEBOOK GAVE THEM SPECIAL ACCESS TO DATA

Secure evidence my fucking ass as if an accused would let you into their fucking office to 'secure' evidence against them. People are really this fucking dumb that they buy this shit.

>tfw Fagberg dies within your lifetime

Best. Fucking. Timeline.

Attached: 1510360424531.jpg (512x721, 78K)

>it's ok to make blanket, vile statements against non-jews because the jews were persecuted for stealing children, raping and drinking their blood, trying to enslave countries with usury.
>it just makes no sense why the filthy goyim won't let the jews just own all the property and keep them as goblin slaves! it's persecution!

>1968: Companies who harvest data and information about their customers are called "surveillance companies"

>2018: DUDE SOCIAL MEDIA

This

Rotherham

Those market surveillance shit Nielsen, TNS, and others were doing before were notoriously unreliable and had neighborhood-level resolution for the most part (i.e. Lucky Charms sells better than Fruit Loops in these neighborhoods of Chicago, but not in these other neighborhoods, etc., but even that data was wrong >30% of the time).

Now, they know user Anonson who lives on 123 user St., Apartment 2B has unicorn dildos, and the only thing they're wrong about is they think he has 7 unicorn dildos when user actually has 8.

facebook hired third party auditors to auditor cambridge, the same auditors that uber used to have themselves audited. third party auditor is not going to destroy data for their client because that would utterly kill their credibility (a handful of people doing it against orders at Arthur Andersen took the world from the Big5 to the Big4).

facebook is shit and unethical but there's no evidence they tried to delete anything.

i'm just happy that this will unequivocally sink him for the 2020 elections, he won't run as a republican (values system is different, example: Zuckerberg supports basic universal income) and dems will never vote for him if they consider him a large part of why trump got elected

>tries to pull something borderline illegal or backhanded before only sheepishly stopping when called out directly
This one of the pitfalls of capitalism. It makes sense any company, more so with pubically traded companies, do anything and everything to mitigate loss. They literally have a vested interest in curtailing public scrutiny. Profit-motive is a motherfucker.

Attached: 1518802281254.jpg (640x632, 59K)

>this will unequivocally sink him for the 2020 elections
>won't run as a republican (values system is different
>dems will never vote for him

right on the money there user, though desu ive been thinking more and more lately that president zuck might not be such a bad thing as far as super-long-run human progress goes, even if it would mean being thrown into Sup Forums-hell.

data breach would imply something went wrong,
this is how it was designed

Faceberg illegally sold 50 million users' data.

>right on the money there user, though desu ive been thinking more and more lately that president zuck might not be such a bad thing as far as super-long-run human progress goes, even if it would mean being thrown into Sup Forums-hell.

I am a registered democrat and I would probably vote for Trump over Zuckerberg. I'd be pretty upset cuz I've never voted Republican for president, but I'd do it.

It's true tho, programmers are already more likely to have sociopath tendencies and big companies create environments that reward morally hazardous actions. Put those together and you get companies that will bend laws into a pretzel for a dollar.

And guess what, normies still woun't care because convenience > privacy.

I'm wondering where the line is that would people make stop using Facebook'

What must happen?

The benefits of FB Messenger, for me, are threefold:

1. It works on my computer and my phone. A lot of alternatives are phone-only and I don't want to use my phone unless I have to.
2. I don't need to know phone numbers or usernames, I can meet somebody and just look up their name on FB.
3. It integrates with the rest of Facebook, particularly events, which is how I and everybody I know schedule things.

You have to beat that to beat Messenger for me.

>yeah, sure you can fuck my wife, just get me a pillow so I can sit convenient while watching, if you don't have a pillow, go fuck someone else wife, cuck!

Ahahah suck my dick facebook.
That'll teach you locking me out of my account and suspending ym page because you want a picture of my fucking face.
Karma's a bitch and then you lose market.

He's a sociopath, so no.

If you're into that, good for you I guess.

Why the fuck does the media keep insisting on this facebook "breach"?
There was no breach. Just a bunch of dumb americans who downloaded an app capable, BY DESIGN, of accessing the phone owner's facebook friends and their accounts, thus allowing Cambridge Analytics to implement their psyop algorithm.
It's almost entirely facebook faults for this, it's sick that they implement and API capable of giving an app more sensitive data than it should ever need.

Attached: whyisshesoperfect.jpg (1050x549, 187K)

too much conjecture, and no evidence, ITT

I only want to say that there was no "breach"
leaving the door open and borderline inviting other companies to have a look through all of your stuff, while you both acknowledge each-other's intentions and awareness of what's going on, is nowhere near what a "breach" is
nobody "hacked" anyone

reminder

businessinsider.com/exclusive-mark-zuckerbergs-secret-ims-from-college-2012-5

Attached: ac90392f-69e7-4bd0-b881-9c37bdabade1..jpg (480x155, 14K)

Poor lizard boy

Reminder stallman.org/facebook.html

Attached: K1i5zDC_d.jpg (640x480, 26K)

I don't think people understand, if you aren't paying for a service you aren't the customer.

I'm still voting zuck2020.

>How unethical is this company?
Trick question. Avoiding responsibility is the whole point of a company. There can be no ethical company.

jesus christ Sup Forums is retarded

Attached: 1436304238986.jpg (640x651, 79K)

kikebook is about as left wing as they come, what are you talking about?

Attached: fuck.png (511x559, 206K)

>whole point of a company

no it isn't. It is Facebook's though.

Funny when Obama did it, they were praising Facebook

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-20 Obama 2012 campaign 'sucked' data from Facebook, former official says (1361x3889, 468K)

github.com/jmdugan/blocklists/blob/master/corporations/facebook/all

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-03-20 18-42-57.png (1190x732, 107K)

It actually is one of the purposes for every company, at least in the US, whether it's intended or not. Companies can't be criminally sued in the same way people can be sued. And as long as actions committed by an individual or group are done on behalf of the company and liability falls there, nobody can actually get into serious legal trouble for anything that happens. And the larger/more employees a company has, the harder it is to issue real ounishments due to the ripple effect on any workers, shareholders, or customers who might actually be innocent.

You can get money in damages off of a company or freeze their assets, though. So I guess there's that.

The only thing that worries me with this kind of fix is that all Facebook has to do is collect information via a third party or shell company/website. It does a good enough job for what it's worth, though.

this link has a list of all shit to block, and most third parties facebook could get it from should be under here. github.com/StevenBlack/hosts

Well okay, avoidance of responsibility isn't the point of every company, but it is a perk that has been extended to effectively every form of company in the modern world since the adoption of limited liability in the UK, one of the crucial steps in the development of capitalism. The idea is to shield the company owners or operators from financial responsibility so entrepreneurs could take bigger chances with fewer risks, but of course it was just a short leap from that to responsibility in general, seeing as ultimately these entrepreneur capitalists were the ruling class.

If you doubt me, just google around for this simple distinction. See how many news you can find of people who were convicted for committing a crime against the company they worked for, and then see how many people were convicted of a crime against society at large committed by the company on that man's orders.

Also what said. Any ruling class will make laws that benefits it first, I think we can all agree, and the modern company is probably the biggest evidence.

If anyone thought that this sort of data harvesting wasn’t going on then your stupidity is to blame - not Facebook.

Right, but they are currently being scapegoated about the "muh Russia" bullshit.
Fuck facebook tho

The absolute state of yanks

>i'm just happy that this will unequivocally sink him for the 2020 elections, he won't run as a republican (values system is different, example: Zuckerberg supports basic universal income) and dems will never vote for him if they consider him a large part of why trump got elected
m8, these people are master manipulators, the literally control what their users, and by extension, almost everyone read... and you think people will remember or care about this shit in the future.
you are too naive.

THIS. also, the clinton campaign did it. how is any of this surprising at all?

FB is clamoring for money, its no surprise they sold access to a less than ethical company like CA.

peoples feeds are already overloaded with ads, this was only the next logical step to sell your data to other companies that want it.