I'm a bit confused Sup Forums...

I'm a bit confused Sup Forums, why does Scaruffi like AC/DC so much considering they didn't experiment or innovate anything?

who gives a fuck

Because they are good.

cock rock innovators

He literally explains it in that paragraph?

true but scaruffi usually judges music on how it experimented, is it because they didn't even pretend to be unique and just played catchy rock?

>heavy metal

scaruffi can't be right all the time. Classic rock radio killed acdc

this

>authentic
dropped

but the paragraph doesn't really line up with his view regarding rock music in general

He totally explains it, they were dumb rock music which is what rock is really about

while he does prefer rock that experiements with jazz/classical/experimentation, when it comes to bare bones rock music, they were the best at it.

nah, this is what I always hear intellectuals saying about rock music, trying to paint it as "oh yah it's dumb and I LIKE it!!"

no, rock music doesn't have to be shitty butt rock to be good or meaningful. not that AC/DC are bad (I personally don't like them) but I often see people who usually listen to stuff like Bach, Miles Davis, Faust and King Crimson turn around and talk about "dumb rawk, it's what rawk is supposed to be!"

>scaruffi usually judges music on how it experimented
Don't stereotype anyone or anything. Scaruffi is a human being and enjoys music first and only then makes up a reason/identifies why he enjoys it. Usually he enjoys experimental music, praises it for that reason, and ended up with the image of someone who only enjoys experimental. And yet he holds ACDC, Nirvana and Sex Pistols in high regard (because he enjoys them) even if those bands are unoriginal and simplistic as fuck.

>Sex Pistols
> a first wave punk band
>unoriginal

Nah, Scaruffi doesn't care about experimentation necessarily. His view of rock music is similar to Lester Bang's "true Rock n Roll" view of rock music.

So the idea of the music being raw and not watered down is the prime factor.

Probably their lusty negro attitudes

because he is the quintessential contrarian.

i bet he would argue that rock has gotten too pretentious and nickleback are good

This. Authenticity in a world infested of fake-ass "rock", a real musician is as rare as diamonds.

That's why TMR is his favorite album. That record is the embodiment of "I simply don't give the slightest fuck".

I don't know if you dumb underage libcucks understand, but ACDC invented good music. Hard to understand? Fuck off.

>scaruffi disregards acclaimed musician
>"contrarian!"

>scaruffi acclaims acclaimed musician
>"contrarian!"

nickelback is the exact kind of music he abhorres, you pleb

because scaruffi is a fucking pleb

you haven't read enough scruffy m8

he appreciates a lot of simple music

contrarian baiting faggot, he seems like the average Sup Forums poster

>liking ACDC is contrarian

>rock music doesn't have to be shitty butt rock to be good or meaningful
No it doesn't. Why do you assume that "intellectuals" who say the enjoy "dumb" rock are saying this? Seems like you're a moron. Yes you might as well be fucking retarded

His ratings tell more than his reviews. The highest there is a 7, same as the Beatles. I've always thought of the Appetite of Destruction rating as weirder.

This, he gave Dookie a 7, which is actually good for his scoring system btw

>Rolling Stone gave a zero to several of their albums; the greates compliment ever paid to them.
Anyone who reads Scaruffi enough will realize he is terribly biased against mainstream music journalism like RS and P4k.

good the world has enough p4k drones

A bias is still a bias. An "ideal" reviewer shouldn't have his opinion influenced by others.

nobody is free of bias, no opinion is truly original. objectivity is a myth

I think you should take some reading classes, for the good of everybody around you

I'm saying that I see lots of pretentious art music loving assholes turn around and talk about how noble and good some generic hard rock bands are, which is amusing. I just think they're posing. Nothing else other than that. :^)

No, it's not that it's dumb. It's that it's smart in how brash, hardcore and off the fuckin' cuff it is.

they just ripped off the new york glam/proto-punk scene

Think what you want, faggot. I bet you listen to Taylor Swift , Alt-J and Chvrches and don't see anything wrong with that.

because Scaruffi is a fucking idiot. Reminder he reduced Radiohead's scores once they became popular. He's a contrarian hack who will compliment AC/DC because few others really do.

[citation needed]

OKC had an 8/10 initially.

>from 2000
Pablo Honey , 7/10
The Bends, 6/10
OK Computer, 6/10

>from 2002
Pablo Honey , 7/10
The Bends, 6/10
OK Computer, 6.5/10
Kid A, 6.5/10
Amnesiac, 7/10

>from 2004
Pablo Honey , 6.5/10
The Bends, 6/10
OK Computer, 7/10
Kid A, 6.5/10
Amnesiac, 7/10
Hail To The Thief (2003), 5.5/10

>now
Pablo Honey , 6.5/10
The Bends, 6/10
OK Computer, 7/10
Kid A, 6.5/10
Amnesiac, 7/10
Hail To The Thief (2003), 5/10

So Pablo Honey went down half a point and OK Computer went up 1 point. And then Hail to the Thief went down half a point. This all evens out into no changes at all, so you are wrong.

No it didn't.